Page 61 of 218 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Good point.
    How about Silver Sable or Elekta?
    I don't know too much about Silver Sable, but Elektra is a nice addition to any lethal team. Something tells me her and Natasha wouldn't get along haha
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I don't know too much about Silver Sable, but Elektra is a nice addition to any lethal team. Something tells me her and Natasha wouldn't get along haha
    True.
    They'll probably kill each other.
    each other.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I think so. Notice how it's, like, who used to date who other than Taskmaster?
    Haha, it could almost be marriage counselling. With Taskmaster as the counsellor.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    Haha, it could almost be marriage counselling. With Taskmaster as the counsellor.
    Had to throw in a wildcard and figured he'd be a good one...

So I just read on Marvel Wikia that Bucky has a grand niece & nephew called Kimberly & Scott Proctor , I didn't know that. I didn't even know he had a sister.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed

So I just read on Marvel Wikia that Bucky has a grand niece & nephew called Kimberly & Scott Proctor , I didn't know that. I didn't even know he had a sister.
    Ohhh, so does that mean you never read Captain America and Bucky #620- #624? One of the best Bucky stories ever written imo? Pretty sure it was there where modern Bucky got to see his sister in the present day.

spoilers:
    Even lifted the moment they had where Rebecca had alzheimer's and would repeat things to Bucky and transplanted it with Steve and Peggy for the movie
    end of spoilers
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Ohhh, so does that mean you never read Captain America and Bucky #620- #624? One of the best Bucky stories ever written imo? Pretty sure it was there where modern Bucky got to see his sister in the present day.
    Agreed.
    Beautiful stuff by Bru and Samnee.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

No I haven't, that one slipped through my net. Working on getting the trade, might be difficult.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed

No I haven't, that one slipped through my net. Working on getting the trade, might be difficult.
    I just recently found the trade myself at a used books store that sells comics and new trades. I'm sure they'll be printing new trades leading up to Cap 3. Might be able to find it online somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Agreed.
    Beautiful stuff by Bru and Samnee.
    Probably my favourite ever Samnee work.

Upcoming Reading:

Probably my favourite ever Samnee work.
    Cap # 618-619 for me.
    samnee cap 618.jpg
    bw samnee.jpg
    619.jpg

So it would appear that Bucky's roll on Doomworld was to die for the sake of drama. Now I'm still a little confused as to what SW and Battleworld mean to the universe moving forward, but the spider books make it look like all of the survivors of Doomworld are on the new world. Is there still a living Bucky? I know there are at least four dead ones (Red Skull, 1872, World War Hulk, Runaways).
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Anyone reading Captain America: WHITE? Bucky's featured pretty heavily in it and has some impressive feats. It appears Loeb is using Bucky's old origin as opposed to Brubaker's retelling. Less soldier, more camp. It also seems like he's mashing movie canon in with it, unfortunately. It's two issues in, but if you ignore the mistakes with continuity, it's actually a good story and is the only current book to feature Steve as Cap, Bucky, Dugen. and Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    So it would appear that Bucky's roll on Doomworld was to die for the sake of drama. Now I'm still a little confused as to what SW and Battleworld mean to the universe moving forward, but the spider books make it look like all of the survivors of Doomworld are on the new world. Is there still a living Bucky? I know there are at least four dead ones (Red Skull, 1872, World War Hulk, Runaways).
    They killed him in all four books? That's disappointing. Doesn't have a single good showing in Secret Wars yet, I don't think.

Upcoming Reading:

Anyone reading Captain America: WHITE? Bucky's featured pretty heavily in it and has some impressive feats. It appears Loeb is using Bucky's old origin as opposed to Brubaker's retelling. Less soldier, more camp. It also seems like he's mashing movie canon in with it, unfortunately. It's two issues in, but if you ignore the mistakes with continuity, it's actually a good story and is the only current book to feature Steve as Cap, Bucky, Dugen. and Fury.
    Waiting for the trade, as I am one to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    They killed him in all four books? That's disappointing. Doesn't have a single good showing in Secret Wars yet, I don't think.
    Bucky is like Marvel's Nightwing.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed

BANNED

Yeah, worst thing is that most of his deaths were undignified. In Red Skull he died kinda off-panel in the first issue, in Planet Hulk he died off panel in a flashback and in 1872 it was just mentioned. His only "good" death was in Runaways, where he died in order to save those snotty kids (I don't usually "hate" books, but all this teen/tween stuff always makes me sick in the stomach, so seeing Bucky die for the 4th time to save a bunch of brats was worse than seeing him eaten by zombies).

Waiting for the trade, as I am one to do.
    I keep telling myself I am and slowly doing just that, but I can't help picking up some issues when I see them. Ugh. Especially when my favourites are involved.

Upcoming Reading: