Page 7 of 218 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

In the first season, next to zero. First of all, it takes place in 1946. We don't know exactly when Bucky was found by HYDRA and he certainly wouldn't have gotten all the training/programing needed to be WS that quickly. Second, the showrunners have said that they want this show to be focused around Peggy Carter, so I think that they'll limit the amount of recognizable guest stars early on (the only one that's been mentioned by name so far is Howard Stark). That being said, if the show does well-enough to get more seasons, then maybe they'll open things up more.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I agree.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    In the first season, next to zero. First of all, it takes place in 1946. We don't know exactly when Bucky was found by HYDRA and he certainly wouldn't have gotten all the training/programing needed to be WS that quickly. Second, the showrunners have said that they want this show to be focused around Peggy Carter, so I think that they'll limit the amount of recognizable guest stars early on (the only one that's been mentioned by name so far is Howard Stark). That being said, if the show does well-enough to get more seasons, then maybe they'll open things up more.
    I agree, not likely for the first season. Bucky's fall and subsequent Hydra retrieval happened in 1944 (if you go by Barnes' 'death' date on the Smithsonian display. The CATFA screenplay says January 1945 for the train incident in Russia, but they apparently changed that for the CATWS.) It seems after the surgery and initial reaction, he was put on ice for several years if you go by the CATWS reasoning that he's been active for 50 years (1963-2013).

And with an 8 episode season for Agent Carter, we'll be lucky if we see Stark more than 1-2x.

The other thing is the show only deals with Peggy until the very beginnings of S.H.I.E.L.D., so it's not clear when Zola was recruited through Operation Paperclip. That said, I do hope we see Toby Jones on the show.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Ultimate Member

Actually, in TWS Zola specifically gives a date. He tells BW that Cap captured him in 1945. And since Bucky "died" on that same mission, then it would have in 1945 as well. So the events of Agent Carter occur one year later at most, probably less.

Actually, in TWS Zola specifically gives a date. He tells BW that Cap captured him in 1945. And since Bucky "died" on that same mission, then it would have in 1945 as well. So the events of Agent Carter occur one year later at most, probably less.
    D'oh! That's right. Hearing Zola's dialog in my head as I read your comment. Thanks for the correction Punisher007. The CATFA script was correct then (January 1945.) Operation Paperclip unofficially started in May 1945...

My only nagging question now is, if Zola was captured and quickly recruited, how/when was he able to get back to where Bucky's body was and start the WS procedures. Unless Zola was giving a false date to Cap and Natasha. Yes, I am probably overthinking this, but I'm very curious now...given the discrepancies between the capture date and Bucky's death date at the Smithsonian.

And, yes, you're right about Agent Carter the series starts in 1946.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-18-2014 at 12:35 PM.

and yay! Captain America The Winter Soldier has crossed $250 domestically and is now at 703 + million world-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Attachment 950
    WS & BW by Valerio Schiti...
    DAMN, I love Schiti's art! He's such a great artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Yeah, so much for me saving $, I pre-ordered one myself. I won't be doing any of the swap outs for different hands/heads though. I busted my Rescue Cap Hot Toys figure just trying to swap out the left hand > that just crushed me.
    That really sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Lucky guy, wish i could have one of those badboys.
    One guy I know through a friend is a HUGE Batman fan, but more specifically, the Dark Knight trilogy fan. So every single Dark Knight trilogy figure released through Hot Toys, he has. That's ranging from Batman himself, all the way to Gordon, Joker, Bane, Catwoman, etc...he bought them. These Hot Toys figures, are at minimum $150 each, if not so much more. He has them all and he bought these glass displays that are like $100 each and has them displayed in his basement. The guy is not super rich, but man...he goes all out.

This was my first Hot Toys I bought myself (a couple of my friends bought me the Extremis Iron Man armour one for my birthday).

Be a geek/nerd for life and when you're older, you'll have much better toys to buy when you start earning money more regularly. Promise!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Nathan Edmondson teased that he might be writing a third book to go along with his Black Widow and Punisher books. And we know that WS will appear in the BW book in the near future. So I'm wondering if Edmondson might be setting up to write a new WS book. Personally, I'd love this (his BW and Punisher books are both great).
    I'm not sure I'm keen on Edmondson writing a Winter Soldier ongoing, though I definitely would like to see one. I don't understand with all their 'synergy' and advanced notice of the movie, why Bucky doesn't have his own book right now. Of course, part of the problem may be finding the write creative team.

Wait. I just remembered that Greg Rucka is writing for Marvel again. I think he'd do a great job. Or get John Ostrander away from DC.
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-19-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Wait. I just remembered that Greg Rucka is writing for Marvel again. I think he'd do a great job. Or get John Ostrander away from DC.
    I just do not get why Marvel is not trying again. Sooner rather than later to pick up new and existing fans. Bless you Rheged, I completely spaced on Rucka. His Punisher was the first run I understood. He'd be much, much better than Edmonson now that I think about it. Greg's been writing terrific military/ops stuff for years now.

Or Ostrander (who has done the same. And John can write manical, entertaining, theatrical villains too > a few of which would be delicious in a Bucky ongoing.)

Excellent ideas.

@Arfguy > I had to cancel the WS too, which might be good for me because knowing my delicate nature he'd lose that left arm, not just the hand. Congrats on your growing collection.

Extraordinary Member

True, but I think I'll never get one. I can't justify the price.

I haven't been that much into Cap's mythos in the past, but since TWS, I've been really interested in Bucky as a character. I read Brubaker's Winter Soldier arc and really liked it, and I'm hoping to read Bucky's ongoing soon.

John Ostrander wrote my favorite Wolverine tale ever.
    volk vs logan.JPG

I definitely would like to see his Winter Soldier.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    John Ostrander wrote my favorite Wolverine tale ever.
    volk vs logan.JPG

I definitely would like to see his Winter Soldier.
    Yes, Ostrander's annual is my favorite Wolverine story too; largely for the Cold War elements. And I wouldn't object to Leonardo Manco back on pencils again either.

I'll also toss Larry Hama's name into the ring speaking of Cold War Marvel insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I haven't been that much into Cap's mythos in the past, but since TWS, I've been really interested in Bucky as a character. I read Brubaker's Winter Soldier arc and really liked it, and I'm hoping to read Bucky's ongoing soon.
    Not sure how you're reading (hard copy or digital) but before you read the WS ongoing, definitely read the Captain America story Gulag. It sets up the WS series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Brubaker's Winter Soldier arc was great, no doubt, but you get even more about Bucky, once Cap dies and Bucky puts on the uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Yes, Ostrander's annual is my favorite Wolverine story too; largely for the Cold War elements. And I wouldn't object to Leonardo Manco back on pencils again either.

I'll also toss Larry Hama's name into the ring speaking of Cold War Marvel insanity.
    Holy cow, how could I forget Larry Hama?! I'd like to see him do a Winter Soldier story, for sure.