Page 9 of 218 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I personally like it more.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I personally like it more.
    No problems there. I like it too - it's more real world and mysterious. I like a lot of the Winter Soldier stuff in the film better than the comic (particularly his handlers... it still links to the Red Skull but in a much more insidious and nasty way.)And I still love that storyline. To me, it's neat to see different variations on a character, masks included.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member

Yup, I like how its like that in 'Bitter March'

Decided to repost this CATFA era interview with Ed Brubaker on Bucky.

I still love Bucky's costume from CATFA too. Bucky-CATFApromo.jpg

Astonishing Member

I prefer the goggles/face cover from CA: TWS to the domino mask.

If you like Bucky/WS and can swing another book, definitely try All New Invaders. Not only does it respect the characters, but the storyline is engaging and (that last page in issue 5.)

And Bucky is supposed to have more panel time in the arc starting with issue 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    No problems there. I like it too - it's more real world and mysterious. I like a lot of the Winter Soldier stuff in the film better than the comic (particularly his handlers... it still links to the Red Skull but in a much more insidious and nasty way.)And I still love that storyline. To me, it's neat to see different variations on a character, masks included.
    I love Winter Soldier in CA:TWS, I really liked how he even spoke a bit of Russian during the fight scene on the bridge, kind of a nod to the fans and keeping it a little more close to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    If you like Bucky/WS and can swing another book, definitely try All New Invaders. Not only does it respect the characters, but the storyline is engaging and (that last page in issue 5.)

And Bucky is supposed to have more panel time in the arc starting with issue 8.
    I really like this comic. I like it's use of legacy characters. And right now it's the only book where we can get Winter Soldier (although Winter Soldier: Bitter March is good, it's A) a mini and B) really more about the Iron Nail.).
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I love Winter Soldier in CA:TWS, I really liked how he even spoke a bit of Russian during the fight scene on the bridge, kind of a nod to the fans and keeping it a little more close to the source material.

I really like this comic. I like it's use of legacy characters. And right now it's the only book where we can get Winter Soldier (although Winter Soldier: Bitter March is good, it's A) a mini and B) really more about the Iron Nail.).
    The file on Bucky that Natasha gives to Cap at the end of the movie is also from Kiev, and it has Cold War Soviet symbols on it. And it looked like the soldiers who initially found him in 1945 were Red Army ones (judging by their uniforms/gear).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I prefer the goggles/face cover from CA: TWS to the domino mask.
    It's much more believable that the goggles/mask would actually conceal his identity than if he just wore a domino mask.

Enjoying Invaders and Bitter March too.

Something is bugging me about Bitter March though. I'm going to try to do this without getting into the spoilers. I think WS has to make his extraction. In Brubaker's origin story WS only went AWOL once in March 1973. This is obviously not that op, so something has to happen in the next issue that changes the direction of the story again.

BANNED

I will fourth the Invaders recommendation.

I'm fine with the domino mask, as it's what I'm used to. My only nit about it, is when he's wearing the Bucky costume, it sort of reminds me of Robin. But on the Winter Soldier, I don't have that problem, as he's much older.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

I'm fine with the domino mask, as it's what I'm used to. My only nit about it, is when he's wearing the Bucky costume, it sort of reminds me of Robin. But on the Winter Soldier, I don't have that problem, as he's much older.
    Well, sidekicks were all the rage then, so no surprise there. I myself don't mind the domino mask, but I much prefer the MCU's face mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The file on Bucky that Natasha gives to Cap at the end of the movie is also from Kiev, and it has Cold War Soviet symbols on it. And it looked like the soldiers who initially found him in 1945 were Red Army ones (judging by their uniforms/gear).
    Yup. I hope the Marvel Phase two blu ray set has a replica of the Kiev Cold War WS file (much as the first set had Steve's SSR files.)

When I heard him speak Russian I was over the moon (in Sputnik of course )

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

A fine explanation of why both work and why WWII Buck is very Robin-like.

And fifth on All New Invaders. I can't thank you enough for nudging me toward that...it's my one regular read right now. And it's brilliant. Looking forward to Robinson's use of Bucky in this next arc.

Sad news in Original Sin #3..
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ultimate Member

Holy crap!!!!