Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Watch the Captain Marvel movie pick her up now. I hope this isn't because of Zack Snyder. Giving him the keys to the DCCU could end up being a huge mistake
    This news comes the same day that Marvel announces that the writers of GotG will be writing Captain Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

Would love to know what the creative differences were.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I don't blame'em if Gal Gadot is the Wonder Woman. One can only do so much to make up for bad casting.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I don't blame'em if Gal Gadot is the Wonder Woman. One can only do so much to make up for bad casting.
    Dude, c'mon. Gal was cast loooooooooong before Maclaren even came on board. Don't be that guy.

Also: Edgar Wright and Edward Norton. Preemptive strike against the Marvel zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Dude, c'mon. Gal was cast loooooooooong before Maclaren even came on board. Don't be that guy.

Also: Edgar Wright and Edward Norton. Preemptive strike against the Marvel zombies.
    Look, this isn't even a Marvel problem. Thor 2 was the worst MCU movie and they had a similar problem happen in pre-production. I'm no Marvel Zombie either. Hell, most Marvel fans I know blast me for preferring the Fast and Furious movies over the Avengers and the rest of the MCU

I just want Wonder Woman to do well like everyone else here. I'm still hoping for the best

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Would love to know what the creative differences were.
    heard rumors from faraci that we might not like mclaren vision of ww and creative differences.were.huge.
    i think she is a great director, but not for ww

I mean what if it's Zack not her?

I think it's kind of funny how some fans immediately blame WB and DC. It's not like there haven't been other creators who pitched some unpopular ideas for WW for TV or the big screen.

I don't know what Michelle MacLaren's knowledge of WW is, but you never know if she wanted a giant mechanical spider*.

*Metaphorical

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    heard rumors from faraci that we might not like mclaren vision of ww and creative differences.were.huge.
    i think she is a great director, but not for ww
    Interesting. I wonder if we'll ever know. Though this whole thing is going to look bad for WB/DC so maybe some "leaked" info will manage to get out about MacLaren's vision for the movie. Maybe a damage control move by them.

I'm curious to see if they'll try to get another female director. They took lots of hate for only looking for a woman to direct this movie. Now if they get a male director to replace her I'm sure they'll get even more hate.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-13-2015 at 07:50 PM.

I heard rumors that MacLaren and the studio were butting heads over what time period the movie should take place in. And a rumor that MacLaren wanted Diana to have a tiger sidekick that she could talk to. So maybe we dodged a bullet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if we'll ever know. Though this whole thing is going to look bad for WB/DC so maybe some "leaked" info will manage to get out about MacLaren's vision for the movie. Maybe a damage control move by them.

I'm curious to see if they'll try to get another female director. They took lots of hate for only looking for a woman to direct this movie. Now if they get a male director to replace her I'm sure they'll get even more hate.
    maybe it can take some years until we know the truth. for sure now warner will take a lot of criticisms because they fired a good female director, so we will see if warner will try to sace their faces leaking stuff. I dont remember how was edward norton case

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I heard rumors that MacLaren and the studio were butting heads over what time period the movie should take place in. And a rumor that MacLaren wanted Diana to have a tiger sidekick that she could talk to. So maybe we dodged a bullet.
    I saw the tiger mention, and thought it awesome. She can communicate with animals (one of the big things I love about her) and she had a Minotaur friend when Greg Rucka worked with which I loved too. Bummed if they choose to leave out her ability to communicate with creatures now.

This is not the first time Diana had someone leave Joss Whedon. Dc and WB has been knew to kick people off projects many times when dealing with Diana

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is not the first time Diana had someone leave Joss Whedon. Dc and WB has been knew to kick people off projects many times when dealing with Diana
    Joss Whedon presented DC/WB with a script. They didn't like it. They passed on it. Given what we know now about what was in that script? I'd say we all dodged a bullet. I don't think I would've liked that movie either.

DC/WB have rejected Wonder Woman projects in the past, but I don't think they've officially kicked anyone off of them. They just decided not to pursue a given project. That's not the same thing. They're still pursuing this project. They just need to find a new director. Which, as I understand it, isn't particularly difficult. There are lots of hungry directors out there.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

joss whedon was still.working.on the script. i think the movie had potential. the first script had littke to do with the final on guardians of the galaxy movie
    maybe wb will hire whedon again lol