Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

tbh, i really don't care about blame game, Michelle could come up with aweful WW movie and new director could be the dream diretor for WW movie or vice versa.
    nobody can tell at this point.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe the origin had something to do with it?

I know it was announced that the DCCU having the daughter of Zeus thing has been known for a while, but that doesn't mean Maclaren didn't read into the rest of the character's history and decided she liked the clay birth or something like it better. Especially since New 52 Hippolyta was barren and along comes Uber Pimp Zeus and his Magic Wand to fix her "brokenness" and grant her her heart's desire. I've stated before that I hope the WB executes that origin better than Azzarello did, but the possibility of them making it just as cliche is on the table. That and the death by Snu Snu Amazons.

On the other hand, if that rumor of her wanting Diana to have a talking tiger sidekick is true, maybe we dodged a bullet. Either way, at least she didn't leave when they are two weeks away from filming or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I love that so many people just automatically assumes that WB was the problem, with nothing to support that assertion. It's like when people swear to high heaven that Alan Taylor is the reason why TDW was underwhelming, even though there was apparently a great deal of behind the scenes studio meddling. People are so obsessively in love with Marvel that they cannot bring themselves to admit that maybe, just maybe, Marvel was the problem in that particular case. Well the reverse is true here. People are so wedded to the idea that WB has no idea what they're doing (although given some of the moves that the new top brass have made, I doubt that), that they cannot bring themselves to even consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Michelle wasn't the right choice for this project after all. Do I know that for sure, no I don't. Is it a plausible idea, imo yes. Most of the "behind the scenes" comments that I've seen seem to place to blame more on Michelle than WB.
    well sexism on hollywood is very well known, executives hear more men than women. Ask lexi alexander and branda chapman about it.

The behind of scenes are very suspicious, a sidekick tiger? Pls. She isn't the first one, to get fired from a WW movie. Joss whdon too.

Now I don't think she was the best choice, she did lot of dark shows on GOT and breaking bad. But she was quality director.

BANNED

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf 3 minHá 3 minutos Ver tradução
    The dueling time periods for WONDER WOMAN: Crimean War and WWI. Not sure where it stands now, post-McLaren.

why not present time? we don't need a entire movie being a prequel

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Devin Faraci ‏@devincf 3 minHá 3 minutos Ver tradução
    The dueling time periods for WONDER WOMAN: Crimean War and WWI. Not sure where it stands now, post-McLaren.

why not present time? we don't need a entire movie being a prequel
    I'm inclined to agree.

I kind of like the idea that Diana is immortal and may have a long history, but that can be established in flashbacks and backstory stuff. I really don't see any reason to devote an entire movie to it.

And seriously? The Crimean War? What would that have to do with Diana?

World War I? Why not just do World War II? At least Diana's history is on your side, there.

Seriously, just set it in modern times, already. The heroic age for DC is starting NOW. Establishing that Diana's being doing the hero thing for longer than that is cool. But it doesn't need to be a whole movie.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

WWII is the time period on captain america movie. they probably doesn't want to go there.

Use flashbacks to avoid a prequel. I really don't know why so hard for WB get it done.

Now this conflicts with the info about steve trevor being cast.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    On the other hand, if that rumor of her wanting Diana to have a talking tiger sidekick is true, maybe we dodged a bullet. Either way, at least she didn't leave when they are two weeks away from filming or something.
    Good positive outlooks here, keep it coming. Most of us want the film to succeed. There are other good directors to be had.

Fantastic Member

So we need a new director. Who logically would be a good fit. I certainly don't want a woman director just for the sake of having a female director. I want the best available and interested director. And I have no idea who that is. Maybe Affleck has some time on his hands. I'd like that. My guess is though, it'll be someone out of left field or someone in the same directorial style as Snyder. Just please, please , please, make it anyone but Frank Miller!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm inclined to agree.

I kind of like the idea that Diana is immortal and may have a long history, but that can be established in flashbacks and backstory stuff. I really don't see any reason to devote an entire movie to it.

And seriously? The Crimean War? What would that have to do with Diana?

World War I? Why not just do World War II? At least Diana's history is on your side, there.

Seriously, just set it in modern times, already. The heroic age for DC is starting NOW. Establishing that Diana's being doing the hero thing for longer than that is cool. But it doesn't need to be a whole movie.
    Agreed. I'm hoping the whole first movie taking place during WWI or the 1920s was MacLaren's idea and that it has been officially scrapped. It sounds kinda interesting but this movie has spent so many years in developement hell I think a good modern day superhero flick is a nice place to start.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Diana in these time periods in flashback form but not an entire movie dedicated to them.

MacLaren probably wanted to do her own thing and put her own spin on the mythos but that conflicted with what WB had planned. Pretty simple. Her vision conflicted with what Snyder, Terrio, and yes Geoff Johns see happening with the character.
    And if WB was indeed concerned that her plans would anger fans I think her leaving may have been for the better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Agreed. I'm hoping the whole first movie taking place during WWI or the 1920s was MacLaren's idea and that it has been officially scrapped. It sounds kinda interesting but this movie has spent so many years in developement hell I think a good modern day superhero flick is a nice place to start.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Diana in these time periods in flashback form but not an entire movie dedicated to them.

MacLaren probably wanted to do her own thing and put her own spin on the mythos but that conflicted with what WB had planned. Pretty simple. Her vision conflicted with what Snyder, Terrio, and yes Geoff Johns see happening with the character.
    And if WB was indeed concerned that her plans would anger fans I think her leaving may have been for the better.
    I don't think WB care about fans, specially WW fans. It has more to do with conflicting directions

Mighty Member

Hope this movie doesn't flop

BANNED

Her wanting to give Diana a tiger companion could have been a sign that she knew about the Marstons basics. She could have wanted a bit of that get going positiveness, fun and zaniness. Probably too much for Warners grimdarkworld. Assuming this rumor of a rumor of a rumor is true.

I wonder how hardcore WW fans would feel if MacLaren wanted WW to have a kangaroo sidekick, but then got nixed hard by WB.

THANK THE GODS. By the sound of it, Bullet: Deflected!

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/wonder-...idekick-432899
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    THANK THE GODS. By the sound of it, Bullet: Deflected!

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/wonder-...idekick-432899
    SIDEKICKS animals that talk never made money for disney.

Anyway I would like something more concrete than this report