Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    SIDEKICKS animals that talk never made money for disney.

Anyway I would like something more concrete than this report
    Sure, except Wonder Woman is not a Disney Princess...and at no point in her history has Wonder Woman had a pet tiger...that talks. She'd have become a laughing stock.

How about using some source material? And a sidekick named Etta or Donna or Cassie or Nubia?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....and then there's this...

Twitter was convinced today that Warner could find a ready-made replacement for MacLaren in Whedon, with Harry Knowles of Aint It Cool News posting: “Joss Whedon takes Marvel break, next day Michelle leaves WONDER WOMAN... hmmmmmm…”

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...ve-differences

Extraordinary Member

Imagine Whedon doing WW? I'm sure he was once attached.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    He was. For a looong while. Didn't work out. Later, his script was leaked, and one element was WW invisible "jet" where she was lying face down in the cockpit so it looks like she can fly. Ummmm. NO.

I'd take Tony the Tiger over that. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Sure, except Wonder Woman is not a Disney Princess...and at no point in her history has Wonder Woman had a pet tiger...that talks. She'd have become a laughing stock.

How about using some source material? And a sidekick named Etta or Donna or Cassie or Nubia?
    well she can talk to animals, it was her power for a long time. Rucka run had it. marvel have a talking raccoon and a talking tree.

Maybe, but the tiger sidekick smells like WB want to save their faces

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If Whedon came back and did Wonder Woman, my level of excitement would be astronomical. I'm sure there's little chance of this happening but OH MY!!! if it did........

I don't mean to put a damper on anyone, but didn't Whedon say that after he left the project he wouldn't go back to Wonder Woman?

BANNED

Seems like Whedon is done with superheros.

Seems like Whedon is done with superheros.
    And if that's true, then good for him. I'd much rather someone leave something after they're tired of it than continue and make something horrible.

well she can talk to animals, it was her power for a long time. Rucka run had it. marvel have a talking raccoon and a talking tree.

Not sure at all what you mean...save their faces how? They didn't like her ideas (and timeline, from the sounds of it...Crimean War?) and they parted ways. I'm glad for it. I'll hope for a great movie director now.

And yes, Wonder Woman can communicate with animals. But they don't talk back.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

The Crimean War strikes me as an interesting way to sneak in a steampunk Wonder Woman in a costume drama. That actually strikes me as something with a great deal of potential.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

BANNED

From the rumor, it isn't said that the tiger talked back. If she just commanded it and it attacked, that could have been badass. If a 'pet' tiger 'belongs' to Captain Marvel, well, just have it be a lioness.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post

I think if there is any truth to it, it could be summarised. Wonder Woman can communicate with animals. She can understand them in ways others can not. Therefore it is not out of the question that a tiger should be near her, that may help her and be friends with. Just because she may understand the tiger, doesn't mean regular humans do. It's a huge thing I love about her. The connection she has with animals, one that not many others do.

Also I never saw He Man become a laughing stock with his talking tiger. Maybe she can have a talking Pegasus instead in the way that she-ra had swift wind, possibly.

As for sidekick I hope they can include someone like Ferdinand, show off her world, rather than just human types.
    Last edited by Farron; 04-15-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron View Post
    Also I never saw He Man become a laughing stock with his talking tiger. Maybe she can have a talking Pegasus instead in the way that she-ra had swift wind, possibly.
    It's probably easier to accept He-Man's talking tiger because that was a part of his mythos on day one, and when the cartoon got rebooted in 2002 into something more dramatic, they took away Cringer/Battlecat's speech ability. Also, the original cartoon was clearly meant for young audiences, whereas the upcoming WW movie's goal is to be not "silly" for adults who take superheroes seriously.

And how often has she used this power?? Seriously.

And Rocket Raccoon and Groot has been around for ages, they are their own characters.