Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    LOL that's just borderline hater stuff. You are basically saying Batman in a garage with a grunge feel would be more interesting than what still is the most critically successful superhero film ever.
    No, I'm saying what I read of his script, and what I know of him as a director would be more interesting then the boring thing they made. Nolan's Batman movies are like superhero movies for people that are afraid to let people know they like something as silly as superhero movies, or people that want others to see how serious Batman really is. They're so boring, the action scenes in those movies are boring because Nolan is seemingly terrible at shooting action, and Gotham is boring too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    She's better at a style of action. A style that has very little fighting and relies a lot more on realism and fast angles and nothing like a superhero movie.
    You do know her last two movies aren't the only action movies she's ever done?

BANNED

I really hope WB doesn't feel bound to give in to notion that this movie can only be directed by a woman. Which is not to say they shouldn't look at female directors, but when all is said and done, the goal should be to find the best director for the kind of movie they want to make.

BANNED

It would be interesting if they could bring Nicolas Winding Refn back into it.

not a fan of Michelle MacLaren so yay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It would be interesting if they could bring Nicolas Winding Refn back into it.
    Hey now THAT would be cool. Hell I'd like to see him do ANY comic book film, Wonder Woman or not.

Amazing Member

Sometimes a good director can make a picture. Sometimes a bad one can ruin one. And sometimes the director is at most a technician whose work has little effect at all on the final outcome. People who either panic at or praise this move by WB have no idea what it means in the long run, and should calm down.

BANNED

His Batman movie sure sounded a whole lot more interesting than what they made. And I'm sure it would have looked a lot more interesting than what they did make. I'll take that extreme different take on Batman over the boring one they went with.
    Do you seriously think that would have worked for Batman? I would have totally been cool with it if Aronofsky made up his own superhero but Batman? That would not have gone over well with fans at all.

And in my opinion, Batman Begins is the most Batman-esque out of Nolan's films. I really enjoy it even though Batman Returns is my all time favorite Batman film.
    Last edited by GrandKaiser; 04-13-2015 at 08:54 PM.

It's time for Marvel to embrace Ms. McClaren and get her involved in a TV or film project.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This is a really important film for pop culture in general, so I'm a bit nervous. I remember when the director walked from THOR 2 and we ended up getting the steaming pile that was THE DARK WORLD.
    Maybe Game of Thrones directors shouldn't be working on these movies?
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    If the comic book bubble is so inconsequential, why is WB so desperate to get in it?
    They've been in it since 1978.
    Hell, they started it.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Okay, white people with souls.
    OMFG, you made me laugh so hard.

No, I'm saying what I read of his script, and what I know of him as a director would be more interesting then the boring thing they made. Nolan's Batman movies are like superhero movies for people that are afraid to let people know they like something as silly as superhero movies, or people that want others to see how serious Batman really is. They're so boring, the action scenes in those movies are boring because Nolan is seemingly terrible at shooting action, and Gotham is boring too.
    So every film based on a super hero has to be bright and irreverent, or even downright silly?

What a boring world that would be. Where everything had to be exactly like it always has been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm sure an Irish person would love to hear you explain that racism doesn't exist for white people.
    I don't care what the Irish think of me, we already beat them

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It's time for Marvel to embrace Ms. McClaren and get her involved in a TV or film project.
    Yeah, because Marvel hasn't had "creative differences" with female directors before, right?