Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Hopefully he ends up killing all of the Olympians so Wonder Woman's title doesn't have to be bogged down with a bunch of public domain characters ever again. #TeamDeathstroke
    As for this -

If The First Born couldn't pull it off, I don't see Deathstroke being able to.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Am I missing something?

What does Deathstroke have to do with how Cheetah's power level/abilities are perceived?

As for the Deathstroke storyline, the idea of a new Olympian is sort of interesting?

Some people regularly say that Wonder Woman non-deity foes are not a formidable challenge for her because when written by non-Wonder Woman writers have had some stories written in which the writer did not display the character(s) at their full abiltiies(i.e. Cheetah in Catwoman and Green Arrow). If a non-Wonder Woman writer were to portray the Olympians in a similar manner as the non-deity WW-foes, that might make some of the anti-Cheetah fans realize that it's not the character that is broken but the research habits of some of the writers that have included her in their stories over the years.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

As for this -

If The First Born couldn't pull it off, I don't see Deathstroke being able to.

You may chance your mind once the story is done since it's being told in a non-Wonder Woman book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

You may chance your mind once the story is done since it's being told in a non-Wonder Woman book.
    Diana is God Of War. I'd say the odds of Deathstroke killing her are roughly five thousand - to - one.

If a non-Wonder Woman writer were to portray the Olympians in a similar manner as the non-deity WW-foes, that might make some of the anti-Cheetah fans realize that it's not the character that is broken but the research habits of some of the writers that have included her in their stories over the years.
    I don't know that "research habits" is the only possibility. Short of editorial cracking heads over something like "power levels", some of it will be up to the writers.

As for "anti-cheetah fans", is that actually a thing?

Come to think of it, what percentage of overall DC readers are even aware of the current Olympians power levels? Wouldn't that be a must for said readers to accept that they have been "taken down a notch"?

Diana is God Of War. I'd say the odds of Deathstroke killing her are roughly five thousand - to - one.

I meant that Deathstroke may end up killing one of the Olympians. Not Diana though.

I don't know that "research habits" is the only possibility. Short of editorial cracking heads over something like "power levels", some of it will be up to the writers.

As for "anti-cheetah fans", is that actually a thing?

Haven't you seen any of the Cheetah bashers on here?

Haven't you seen any of the Cheetah bashers on here?
    I guess not. Are we talking the wider CBR board?

I guess not. Are we talking the wider CBR board?

That too but mostly in this WW board.

Mighty Member

This is what I think of when I think of Cheetah.

PLUS

Least before she had sort of a origin or something. Some girl gone mad wearing a funny looking costume while obsessing over Wonder Woman. Why not update that? Some evil rich person wearing a funny cheetah hat.
    Last edited by borntohula; 04-15-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Incredible Member

So Deathstroke wants to kill Wonder Woman ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    So Deathstroke wants to kill Wonder Woman ?
    Na, apparently the target is some yet unknown Olympian thats been invented for the story.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    This is what I think of when I think of Cheetah.

PLUS

Least before she had sort of a origin or something. Some girl gone mad wearing a funny looking costume while obsessing over Wonder Woman. Why not update that? Some evil rich person wearing a funny cheetah hat.
    The Marsupilami would totally kick Cheetah's a.... and you know it.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Let me remind everyone that Wonder Woman already has a Deathstroke-like character in her rogues gallery, and his name is BUSHMASTER. Basically, he's Deathstroke, with the ability to turn people into zombie servants. What are the editors and writers of WW doing with him?

NUH-thing.

And just because Wonder Woman is fighting mortal super-villains doesn't make her a female Superman.

Wonder Woman, in the New 52, is an adventurer - that's her career - with a unique knowledge of ancient civilizations and of magic. She often works with companions - Greek messenger god, Hermes, and her rifle-toting friend, Zola - but also employs the help of other allies, like aviator Steve Trevor and cosmic enforcer Orion, for select adventurers. This 'Army' dynamic is as much a part of her character and what makes her unique, as her Amazon background, ..and should NOT be forgotten or neglected by creators. Having grown up in an army of immortal women, she revels in teamwork, and not because she is dependent on others, ..but simply because she enjoys how fighting evil brings out the BEST in those around her - especially, mortals. All of these things distinguish her from Superman, and that is what the last three years of the Chia'zzarello run was intended to accomplish.

Also, unlike Superman, her world is regularly filled with exotic locales, lost civilizations and bizarre worlds, and not confined to adventures in one city, ..dominated by the machinations of a small circle of super-villains. While Wonder Woman's base is her bizarre family of Amazons and Greek gods, but, her stage, like Doc Savage's or Hawkman's, is the entire world, ..known and unknown.

Fighting Bushmaster [Please look him up!] and super-villains, like him, don't make her a female Superman.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-17-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!