Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Here's the cover to Deathstroke #8:

Tony Daniel still draws an amazing Wonder Woman! I wish he was still on Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Here's the cover to Deathstroke #8:

Tony Daniel still draws an amazing Wonder Woman! I wish he was still on Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Death stroke is all over the place these days. Oh and WW for the win.

Oh no....

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Oh no....
    What's wrong?

I just have my doubts about anything good coming of this.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I just have my doubts about anything good coming of this.
    Yup.

Diana taking on Deathstroke in his own book? I don't expect her to die, but I suspect he'll manage to completely humiliate her, at the very least.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Fury vs Deathstroke in Futures End.

Perhaps Diana will be able to get inside his head, instead of ripping it off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yup.

Diana taking on Deathstroke in his own book? I don't expect her to die, but I suspect he'll manage to completely humiliate her, at the very least.
    The Gods and Wonder Woman by association are about to lose a ton of cred when Deathstroke "deals" with one them. Deathstroke's bested Wonder Woman before, I think he stole her lasso LOL

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Fury vs Deathstroke in Futures End.

Perhaps Diana will be able to get inside his head, instead of ripping it off.

Wow.......after all of the people that Deathstroke has tortured and killed over the years, I can't say I feel sorry for him. LoL.....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    The Gods and Wonder Woman by association are about to lose a ton of cred when Deathstroke "deals" with one them. Deathstroke's bested Wonder Woman before, I think he stole her lasso LOL
    I don't recall that, but I do recall the DC online trailer where he also managed to dodge her blows and steal her lasso.

I also remember a time when Wonder Woman and Deathstroke actually fought in William Messner-Loebs comic.

Wonder Woman won but he did a number on her, and his punches did manage to hurt her hard, hard enough to knock her into a far away tree.

And then in Injustice Video Game where he did beat her, but he had that magical krptonite pill or whatever so eh, plus it was a game where everyone beat everyone, so I managed to just blow past that, but what I'm saying as that she...doesn't have a good history with him and whenever she's paired with a street-leveler I'm nervous esp one like Deathstroke but who knows, Tony did draw Superman/Wonder Woman before and despite the divisive attitude around that comic, I would hope his time with her did make it so that he doesn't use her as cannon fodder or whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    I don't recall that, but I do recall the DC online trailer where he also managed to dodge her blows and steal her lasso.

I also remember a time when Wonder Woman and Deathstroke actually fought in William Messner-Loebs comic.

Wonder Woman won but he did a number on her, and his punches did manage to hurt her hard, hard enough to knock her into a far away tree.

And then in Injustice Video Game where he did beat her, but he had that magical krptonite pill or whatever so eh, plus it was a game where everyone beat everyone, so I managed to just blow past that, but what I'm saying as that she...doesn't have a good history with him and whenever she's paired with a street-leveler I'm nervous esp one like Deathstroke but who knows, Tony did draw Superman/Wonder Woman before and despite the divisive attitude around that comic, I would hope his time with her did make it so that he doesn't use her as cannon fodder or whatever.
    The Infinite Crisis trailer was taken from a comic book where Deathstroke fought evenly with Wonder Woman, he stole her lasso, then Wonder Woman was KO'ed by an energy blast and finally Lex made her scream so Superman would come. He hid kryptonite in her mouth and thus the Justice League was vanquished lol

I don't think Tony Daniel cares about Wonder Woman very much, he cropped her out of his facebook page cover so there's that but hey maybe we're all getting ahead of ourselves. Does Wonder Woman have an editor?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wow.......after all of the people that Deathstroke has tortured and killed over the years, I can't say I feel sorry for him. LoL.....
    In Futures end he helps Cadmus to black bag Earth: 2 metahumans ("heroes") in order to experiment on them. So Fury ripping his head off was quite a "F@€& yeah!" moment

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    I don't think Tony Daniel cares about Wonder Woman very much, he cropped her out of his facebook page cover so there's that but hey maybe we're all getting ahead of ourselves. Does Wonder Woman have an editor?
    Not so much worried about the art, which Tony does brilliantly. It's his writing I am worried about, because we have his Detective Comic's run to lean on, where we amongst other things have 'just human' Batman kicking a steel support beam out of shape.
    And he's now writing a character thats become every boys dream of a hard-nosed, testostorone-driven, gun-toting, 90'ties hardcase. Quite frankly, I'd be worred about the appearance of any guest stars in such a book.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Deathstroke has always had "inexplicable dumb down powers" thats what I call it when characters tend to beat other characters that are out of their league power wise. It usually involves the more powerful character forgetting that they have certain powers. Deathstroke is well trained and a little bit above peak human, WonderWoman is a demigoddess with superhuman speed strength and is arguably just as well trained. Someone explain to me how this should be even remotely a competitive fight?
    Last edited by mathew101281; 04-20-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Deathstroke has always had "inexplicable dumb down powers" thats what I call it when characters tend to beat other characters that are out of their league power wise. It usually involves the more powerful character forgetting that they have certain powers. Deathstroke is well trained and a little bit above peak human, WonderWoman is a demigoddess with superhuman speed strength and is arguably just as well trained. Someone explain to me how this should be even remotely a competitive fight?
    It shouldn't be. Only hardcore Deathstroke fans would argue otherwise.

On paper, Diana should crush Deathstroke in every conceivable encounter.

You're totally right about the "inexplicable dumb down powers." Deathstroke only does well against heroes like Diana when some writer either nerfs the crap out of said hero or grossly exaggerates what Deathstroke can do.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--