Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Analyzing the Aftermath of "Forever Evil"

CBR takes a spoiler-filled look at the multiple major ramifications this week's "Forever Evil" finale has on the landscape of the DC Universe.

Full article here.

I hope this doesn't signal the merge of Earth 2 heroes with the main Earth heroes. That's one of my favourite things about the reboot as it decluttered the superhero roster.

I think Grid is not dead, If I'm not mistaken Cyborg said that its probably impossible to kill it for good.

Fantastic Member

This will probably mark me as a hater, since I'm not even following the New 52, but I can't get past how young the characters look. Ted Kord and Lex Luthor look like they can't be past 20 in those panels. So, all those scientific geniuses finished college in record time or something?

Could the anti-Monitor this time be Orion from Earth-3? Taking on Darkseid is his raison d'etre....

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Narciso View Post
    This will probably mark me as a hater, since I'm not even following the New 52, but I can't get past how young the characters look. Ted Kord and Lex Luthor look like they can't be past 20 in those panels. So, all those scientific geniuses finished college in record time or something?
    Ted Kord was purposefully de-aged into his college years (it's his first appearance in the New 52). Luthor is around 32-33, but I've heard a bald shaved head makes a man look younger

Astonishing Member

Strange they did not mention the fate of Alexander Luthor.

Is it in Forever Evil #7 that they talk about Hawkwing and Will Batson?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think Grid is not dead, If I'm not mistaken Cyborg said that its probably impossible to kill it for good.
    Grids not dead. Last issue Cyborg essentially says he's offline. He was able to lock him into his old body so he can't jump to other tech, and probably can't take over the internet and all the world's tech again. Cyborg appeared to cut him off from the Digital universe entirely.

Johns appeared to be setting up Grid as a reoccurring villain for Cyborg.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Grid is most certainly the first of Cyborg's new stock of villains (and quite probably his Archnemesis).

Luthor was probably in his mid-to-late-twenties in Action Comics #1, so he's probably in his early thirties now.

Ted is a wizbang genius who started college at 16.

I love the way Luthor cares about Bizarro. It really helps humanize Luthor. I hope Bizarro #2 is as loyal as Bizarro #1.

Superwoman certainly... Got around... I mean she could not have claimed Ultraman and Owlman were her unborn child's father without having had carnal knowledge of them. Are we entirely sure Alexander Luthor is the father? Maybe it was just wishful thinking (what if the father is the Anti-Monitor)?

I love that Luthor is on the Justice League now and that he isn't a blatant rip off of Norman Osborn. Luthor seems to have genuinely changed, at least in so much as his desire to be a part of the team that will save the world from the next big threat.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Could the anti-Monitor this time be Orion from Earth-3? Taking on Darkseid is his raison d'etre....
    I think it was stated somewhere that the New Gods don't have duplicates on other universes. They exist in their own universe totally unique.

Superwoman certainly... Got around... I mean she could not have claimed Ultraman and Owlman were her unborn child's father without having had carnal knowledge of them. Are we entirely sure Alexander Luthor is the father? Maybe it was just wishful thinking (what if the father is the Anti-Monitor)?
    We're pretty sure only because its as damn near a lock as it gets without having inside info that the kid is going to be the New 52 Alexander Luthor Jr. It just fits with the return of Anti-Monitor like a glove.

Incredible Member

Well if Grid isn't capable of being destroyed, that certainly is a start to Cyborg's rogue gallery. Looking forward to seeing if they go anywhere with that...

And god I hope Owlman shows up in Grayson.

And speaking of Grayson, does the JL, Luthor and Catwoman know that Dick is alive or did he fake his death again or something? Maybe that'll be address in NW #30.

I'm kind of sad Atomica is dead. She was a villain I liked who was totally evil and was able to trick all of the heroes. I thought she would make a great recurring villain, but oh well. Still it's interesting to see some of Syndicate are still around with potential consequences in the future.

Anti-Monitor vs Darkseid is a battle I'd totally like to see. Maybe the JL will have to team up with Darkseid for an enemy of my enemy deal. I like it when heroes have to work with villains to stop bigger villains. This could take it that concept and really make it a big one.

Lex Luthor's sparks of goodness. This makes whatever choices he makes a mystery, which should make for some good reading.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

@The New 52 debut of Ted Kord: Not Wally West/10. Although I wonder which writer the character is gonna fall under? (prob. Johns)

@Changed Lex Luthor: Looking forward to it. New52 isn't really a complete dick and I like how he seems to fit into the new League.

@Remains of Crime Syndicate: I wonder if Owlman will end up in the Bat-titles. But I doubt DC will touch this until Superwoman gives birth which would probably lead Anti-Monitor to Earth? and what's this? DEATHSTORM DIED? ****, man.

@NightwingFall: meh. sucks to be a Dick.

@M.I.A.: I hope we never see Katana again.

@Anti-Montior: 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Narciso View Post
    Ugh this again, time and time again its said that Prime Earth characters are in their mid 20's early 30's, even Huntress said batman was barely older than him.