Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default *Possible Spoilers* How would Cyclops or the X-Men react if the Ivory Kings clobber the Phoenix?

The X-Men have always seen the Phoenix and it's hosts as a high level deity and expect it to be able to solve almost anything. If or when Hickman's Phoenix egg hatches, how do you think they would fare if they see the Phoenix Force or even a fully powered White Phoenix Jean Grey hatch from the egg only to watch them get smacked down by a Beyonder or two in seconds like the other cosmic beings? What else do you think they might do to try and stop the Beyonders and or Incursions? Do you think this might effect their attitude on the Phoenix at all?

Astonishing Member

the beyonders killed the living tribunal. even if x-men were at their out-of-universe height the phoenix would still go down to them long before that point.

additionally, since the alternate futures are unraveling as the final incursion approaches; wouldn't all the potential life that the phoenix embodies cease to be?

I doubt he is going to use the Phoenix as a fighting force.

It's a manifestation of a small part of the powers of life and death, the Beyonders killed off Death and Entity themselves.

It's like fighting a foe with a lighter when they just doused the sun. He probably has something else in mind for it. If not, he's an idiot (which he isn't).

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Damn, I can see it now. The egg hatches the real Jean, who only has a second to mutter "Scott" before being annihilated. The fans would be soooooo mad.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

In what issue can we see the Beyonders slaughter Death, Living Tribunal, Infinity and Etenity?

Did they also slaughter cosmic entities and if so who, was it shown, or just told?

I do hope the Beyonders did not kill off the 'real Beyonder'
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Well, given that every time that the Phoenix gets killed that things respawns in White Hot Room, i dont think it would matter, after all that thing has been vaporised, eaten by by a black hole, besides of the planetary-scale stroke, the "No More Phoenix" spell; and anyways, the Phoenix is worshipped because is fused together with Jean Grey, not the other way around.

Now, if we are talking about killing things that are already dead, like in Dragon Ball Z................................................. .....

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    In what issue can we see the Beyonders slaughter Death, Living Tribunal, Infinity and Etenity?

Did they also slaughter cosmic entities and if so who, was it shown, or just told?

I do hope the Beyonders did not kill off the 'real Beyonder'
    Well, how long i know, the 'real Beyonder' is actually one of those things, but that decided to take a human form.

"Oh crap, we're screwed", probably.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, how long i know, the 'real Beyonder' is actually one of those things, but that decided to take a human form.
    Considering the X-Men have encountered Beyonder, Celestials, Thanos, various reality manipulators and many more powerful beings, I am not so sure they hold Phoenix up as the ultimate power or anywhere close.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    Damn, I can see it now. The egg hatches the real Jean, who only has a second to mutter "Scott" before being annihilated. The fans would be soooooo mad.
    I would eat that up, actually. And I'm a devout X-Men fan.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

I think the egg is a contingency plan for when everything fails. The name of the game is resurrection.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

How would Cyclops or the X-Men react if the Ivory Kings clobber the Phoenix?
    He'd shout :"Jeeeeeaaaaan!"and then get one of his famous nervous breakdowns and quit the x-men again.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Considering the X-Men have encountered Beyonder, Celestials, Thanos, various reality manipulators and many more powerful beings, I am not so sure they hold Phoenix up as the ultimate power or anywhere close.
    Like i said, Jean being fused with the Phoenix is the only reason of the "In the Phoenix We Trust".

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    He'd shout :"Jeeeeeaaaaan!"and then get one of his famous nervous breakdowns and quit the x-men again.
    So that's how he ends up dating Medusa, huh ?....................................

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wasn't it stated to be so in one of those Time Run Out issue? (or somewhere else)

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Wasn't it stated to be so in one of those Time Run Out issue? (or somewhere else)
    Yep, that's the retcon that everyone on the other board was talking about the other day.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

If Jean jumps out of that egg Disney will just have Avenger Hope blast her to death with a Kung Fu dragon.

image.jpg