Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If You Could Add Another Region To SECRET WARS' Battleworld...

...what would it be? Simple question. At this stage, barring any surprise last-minute announcements, we know pretty much the full line-up of titles and their respective places on the Battleworld map: if you need a refresher, clickety-click thataway. Suffice to say, there's a lot of divergent worlds there, and a lot of follow-ups/what-ifs/tributes to classic stories...but it's in no way comprehensive. So, again - if it were up to you to buff up the numbers with another book or three, what would be your choices?

I'll start with the two ideas that've been floating around in my head since I thought up this thread yesterday:

The Winter Guard
    (Region: New Kremlin)
    If you're not familiar with the name (not blaming you, they're reasonably obscure), the Winter Guard are a rarely-appearing Russian nationalist superhero team, like MI13 or Big Hero 6. I don't honestly recall if they ever had their own book, but the Marvel universe(s) has a ludicrous abundance of costumed Russians, most of whom aren't being used at present, so my plan is to shove them all into their own title and let them sink or swim - and since they'll likely need a little more name value to buff the sales numbers, I'd add in the Winter Soldier (still Bucky) as a featured member, with some minor hat-tip indicating that, in whatever reality this is, Bucky never met Captain America and thus never overcame his programming.
    Of course, after thinking that I had to think about why Cap would be a non-presence...my working theory is that the world that the New Kremlin comes from was one where America suffered the most from the Cold War ending; its economy went into a doom spiral after spending too much on weapons that were never used, and that caused the rapid dissolution of the nation's political status, etc. Meanwhile Russia remained strong, adopting a more open and welcome policy to its neighbours while still keeping the USSR states under a close watch - they'd call it a 'benevolent dictatorship', even though that's an oxymoron. On Battleworld though, the walls go up and the country goes back to being hostile, anxiously watching over its own people and turning away newcomers. The Guard serve as both their protectors and their secret police, keeping the citizens' spirits crushed even as they spare them from the horrors of other regions.

Annihilation
    (Region: Annihilation World)
    I don't have nearly as complex thoughts on this one. I'm just throwing up my hands and saying, "Why the sugar-frosted f*** isn't there an Annihilation tie-in book?" It'd have featured roles for a fair few of the movie-star GOTG people, and Annihilus is too badass a villain to just play second fiddle to Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet. Plus of course Annihilation is one of very, VERY few Marvel 'event' comics that got near-universal praise rather than derision. You'd think someone would want to celebrate it.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I'll probably post some more later, but:
    San Fransokyo(Home of The Big Hero 6)
    Whether it's the Comic version or Movie version, it'd be interesting to see the team and the high-tech city on Battleworld. Perhaps this could be from a universe where The 6 are the world's premier Superhero Team, or where their technology revolutionised their world.
    The Observatory (Original Sin)
    A world where everyone's secrets have been revealed, and all knowledge and secrets are easily accessible. Or a world where the 'Truth Bomb' affected everyone on Earth,
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

ATLANTIS ATTACKS!

http://community.comicbookresources....lantis-Attacks

Also, SUPER VILLAIN TEAM UP / Latveria, where Namor and Doom team-up and do their "You get the land and I get the sea" plan for Battleworld domination!

And THE SERPENT & THE TRIDENT -- an epic tale of the struggle between Atlantis and Lemuria for control of the ocean depths.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-14-2015 at 01:53 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Dark Avengers! I miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    I'll probably post some more later, but:
    San Fransokyo(Home of The Big Hero 6)
    Whether it's the Comic version or Movie version, it'd be interesting to see the team and the high-tech city on Battleworld. Perhaps this could be from a universe where The 6 are the world's premier Superhero Team, or where their technology revolutionised their world.
    Agreed on this.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Something, something, Pizza Dog.

San fransokyo is a clever idea.

So is pizza dog. But if he gets his own world the pet avengers should be a large part of it too!

Either a place based on The Last Avengers story, or a Secret Invasion location where there is still a war for control going on.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Bagalia.

Probably an alternative version where Zemo is running things. He have an army made up of villains and it would be lead by Generals who have Zemo and or the MoE/Thunderbolts. Moonstone, Songbird, Radioactive Man and Ghost.

Or a badass Namor/Atlantis one.

BANNED

Mutant X

Amazing Member

God Squad

250px-Mar082211d.jpg

Rise of the Midnight Sons

MIcaQ3hl.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Dark Avengers! I miss them.
    This! Give me the original DA (plus Rulk) with Norman as the top cop and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by arveg2 View Post

Rise of the Midnight Sons

MIcaQ3hl.jpg

That'd be one hell of a title, that's for sure.

Incredible Member

I would have liked to see something with either Atlantis or Wakanda, though your Winter Guard thing is cool, as I've always liked the ideal of a Soviets-outlive the Cold War sort of world, where the Americans are the ones struggling. It makes for easy and strong counterweights.

WW2 Warzone
    Shadowland
    Wild West verse
    Noir verse
    DC verse parody (feat. The Great Society)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Bagalia.
    And absolutely this.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Marvel Adventures.

Skottie Young.....ohh wait.

Actually in the same vain, a universe with the Giarusso (I hope that's the right spelling) mini characters. Would love to see the Red, Green and Blue Hulks again...