Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Take Two Magic Pills.

Like it says, you choose two magic pills to swallow.

Plot gods use random selection if you say, "no thanks."

Take-Two-Pills.jpg

Notes:

(1) Followers as a popular celebrity. They will subscribe to your Twitter, maybe buy your books and merchandise, etc.

(2) All taxes have already been paid, fully legal.

(3) All the legal problems are magically ironed out here. The resurrected person is healthy, though not de-aged, and remembers nothing about the other side.

(4) You get a week to make preparations, as much equipment as you can fit into a large backpack (if desired), and then you're off. Return trip included if desired.

(5) What it says.

(6) You may choose fluency in computer languages.

(7) Real world skills, so no Sinanju or summoning the Crimson Bands or whatnot.

(8) Brad Pitt level fame. Doesn't automatically give you followers, btw, but will probably open doors, get you invitations, press attention, etc.

(9) What it says.

I assume that with (5) you become physically 10 years younger but retain all your memories, skills, knowledge, so forth, and so on. Correct?

Though, even if that is true, it means that you'd still have to go through, again, any health issues related to aging. You would still grow old. Only this time you have a better idea of what to expect and the possibility that medical science is more advanced, or will be, in 10 years.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-26-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I assume that with (5) you become physically 10 years younger but retain all your memories, skills, knowledge, so forth, and so on. Correct?

Though, even if that is true, it means that you'd still have to go through, again, any health issues related to aging. You would still grow old. Only this time you have a better idea of what to expect and the possibility that medical science is more advanced, or will be, in 10 years.
    Yes, keep all your memories, experience, skills.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post

Take-Two-Pills.jpg

Notes:

(1) Followers as a popular celebrity. They will subscribe to your Twitter, maybe buy your books and merchandise, etc.

(3) All the legal problems are magically ironed out here. The resurrected person is healthy, though not de-aged, and remembers nothing about the other side.

(4) You get a week to make preparations, as much equipment as you can fit into a large backpack (if desired), and then you're off. Return trip included if desired.

(5) What it says.

(8) Brad Pitt level fame. Doesn't automatically give you followers, btw, but will probably open doors, get you invitations, press attention, etc.

(9) What it says.
    I'd probably attempts to finagle 9 or 10 of pill number 3, then eventually take pills 2 and 4 when that fails.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

5 and 7.

More years to my life, and three kick ass skills. Would like to earn my fame and money by doing awesome things.

That's a loooot of surgeries looming in the future for going ten years younger for some of us.

Depressing health conditions, ha ha! *Phil Ken Sebben voice*

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Time Travel and the three skills are Investigation, Infiltration, and Snake Wrangling. I figure that I could do the most good to economics, politics, and literature by replacing all of Ayn Rand's pens with deadly cobras every day until she gets the message.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Rare to see a Shai thread that doesn't feel like an obvious trap. I'll Pills 6 and 7.

Languages
    - French
    - Spanish
    - Mandarin
    - Japanese
    - Welsh

3 Mastered Skills
    - Playing an instrument (Probably piano, not decided on which one but mastering one instrument has a certain amount of transferrable skills)
    - Jiu Jutsu (Make up for years of not training haha)
    - Cooking (I like cooking but I'd like to be instantly better)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Time travel. Like, I can do it, or I can do it once?

Important point.

If it's 'I can do it', I choose that and bringing someone back from the dead.

If it's 'I can do it once', I'll just go with a million dollars and bringing someone back from the dead. My needs are simple.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...also, wth happened here? Bannings, chat thread closed...someone PM me, please. O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...also, wth happened here? Bannings, chat thread closed...someone PM me, please. O_o
    Wha?? What did I miss?

Dang it, Menelik II, I ALWAYS miss the good stuff around here.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Time travel and ten years younger. Make a short hop to the future, check out what the winning Powerball number was, maybe grab a book of sports results ala Biff Tannen, hop back, enjoy a ten years younger life as 100,800,000 winner, which even after taxes is well over 60 million.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Time travel and ten years younger. Make a short hop to the future, check out what the winning Powerball number was, maybe grab a book of sports results ala Biff Tannen, hop back, enjoy a ten years younger life as 100,800,000 winner, which even after taxes is well over 60 million.
    If time travel altered my current timeline (linear) versus branching another me into a different timeline, I'd opt for a million bucks and time travel.

Go give my younger self the million and exactly what stocks to invest it in, and then spend my billions working to extend my lifetime, besides doing a lot of philanthropy.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Someone chose the wrong two pills, probably.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-27-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post

Take-Two-Pills.jpg

Notes:

(5) What it says.

(9) What it says.
    How about this for gaming the system

Pills #4

Then go back in time just before taking the pill and tell yourself to take pills #5 and #7

3 pills for the price of 2.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.