Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MCU Daredevil vs Ip Man (Donnie Yen)

Matt is in the black outfit.

1. Pure H2H
    2. They each get a pair of billy clubs.

If Matt loses a round, he gets a rematch with the red costume.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, so much as I love Donnie Yen, I didn't like the Ip Man movies.

However, just going by what we saw in the two Ip Man movies (the third wasn't Donnie, let's ignore that one) Ip Man...

1. Outclasses Matt in hitting power and raw strength;
    2. Outclasses Matt in skill with hand to hand and weapons, both;

Speedwise, they probably run about equal or close to. I'm having a hard time recalling big speedfeats for Ippy that would put him outside of Matt's speed bracket, but I'm also not seeing anything that would put him beneath Matt in speed.

Matt gets wrecked. Armored costume just means he eats more punishment before going down, assuming Ippy doesn't just punch his jaw in.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-14-2015 at 05:28 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Thread, RISE! (And this time it is not an accident ) I figured I would resurrect my own thread, because since I opened it, Ip Man got two more movies (and most notably fought Mike Tyson), and DD got three more seasons.

So, I propose to you the same fights as before, with the following variations:

1: Ip Man as he was during the first three movies vs Peak Matt (feel free to put him in one of the black suit variations if the red devil armor gives him too much of an edge).
    2: Ip Man as he was during his major fights in the fourth movie vs S3 DD.

Extraordinary Member

Haven't followed either series too close. But I'd give it to IP man didn't DD get beat by Punisher in the netflix series? Now Affleck DD I'm not sure, I think he was pretty tough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Haven't followed either series too close. But I'd give it to IP man didn't DD get beat by Punisher in the netflix series? Now Affleck DD I'm not sure, I think he was pretty tough.
    Punisher shot him the face then he fell off a building.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Damn that doesn't sound fair lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Yup. First defeat is Frank surprising Matt with a spare gun and his drawing speed. Second is due to Matt's senses being out of whack following the Punisher's warning headshot. However, Matt is clearly the better melee fighter when he isn't handicapped.

As for DareFleck, as a bullet-timing, Spider-Man level jumping fighter, he is too much for Ip Man to handle.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah shooting someone in the head as a warning...sounds like the Punisher.LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Yup. First defeat is Frank surprising Matt with a spare gun and his drawing speed. Second is due to Matt's senses being out of whack following the Punisher's warning headshot. However, Matt is clearly the better melee fighter when he isn't handicapped.

As for DareFleck, as a bullet-timing, Spider-Man level jumping fighter, he is too much for Ip Man to handle.
    They fought a third time on a boat. Matt had no issues going on for him then so it was a short fight as he put the Punisher into the ground in short order.

As far as the fight goes; has IP man done anything close to reacting to arrows?
    Last edited by Cody; 07-31-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

It's been a while since I watched the first two movies, this is the best I could find so far

https://gfycat.com/fr/politicalwavyfattaileddunnart

Note how he catches the swords before the whole thing starts falling. Also, even if he doesn't have full-on arrow timing feats, I feel this is one of those cases where Ip Man's superior skill may be enough to compensate for a speed advantage, open to debate on that one.

I always find that the scene below shows the difference in stats between IPman and DD.

DD wouldn't able to replicate one hit killing folks . And IPMAN takes multiple shots from guys as strong as him. Matt suit should help him take a bunch though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQosO29X9Bo

With full gear, I could see Matt beating the sick IPman with his fist hurt from the final scene. Mostly because Matt could target the injury with his sticks, which have good showings thanks to Defenders.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 07-31-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Matt, once all of his feats are in play, is too good for Ip Man. He's significantly faster - his arrow-catch feat in the taxi is insane and it's consistent with all of the aim-dodging he's pulled off. He has tons of OSKO shots on cops and mooks alike, even though he has lots of non-OSKO stuff as well (as do most show characters).

It wouldn't be easy, but Matt has too many advantages here.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Matt, once all of his feats are in play, is too good for Ip Man. He's significantly faster - his arrow-catch feat in the taxi is insane and it's consistent with all of the aim-dodging he's pulled off. He has tons of OSKO shots on cops and mooks alike, even though he has lots of non-OSKO stuff as well (as do most show characters).

It wouldn't be easy, but Matt has too many advantages here.
    Matt can't kill a normal human with a single strike. IPMAN can.

Unless the arrow was a crossbow bolt, I cannot help but wonder how it is more impressive than beating up multiple black blets at once

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Matt can't kill a normal human with a single strike. IPMAN can.

Unless the arrow was a crossbow bolt, I cannot help but wonder how it is more impressive than beating up multiple black blets at once
    Matt beats up dozens of armed and armored Hand ninjas at once, and it's very fair to say that they are all much more dangerous than unarmed black belts.

And that arrow was fired into a taxi slamming back and forth all over the road, while Matt was trying to save his lover's life AND arguing with Stick at the same time. It's literally impossible that he picked it up from any more than a few feet away, and he grabbed it casually out of the air. It's a much better feat than any other TV "human-ish" character catching or deflecting an arrow that I've seen in the current crop of shows.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, Matt got some pretty big boosts, not the least of which was speed. He's fast enough that it's a serious fight now. Ippy still hits a whole lot harder, given the feats of strength and hitting power he shows in Ippy II.

I'd say things are getting pretty tough to call. Matt isn't blitzing, but has a speed advantage. Ippy isn't going to smear Matt with one shot, but has a sizeable hitting power advantage.

I'm iffy. This one is *wiggles hand* unless someone has some absolutely crazy feats for Matt that I've missed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate