Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    I loaded the sales estimates of the last month into a spreadsheet and did some quick checks for the top-250 selling comics.

DC +50K: 5
    DC 50-30K: 18
    DC 30-20K: 16
    DC -20K: 31

Marvel +50K: 16
    Marvel 50-30K: 19
    Marvel 30-20K: 22
    Marvel -20K: 24

Last one for Marvel includes re-orders for Silk 1, Darth Vader 2 and Edge of Spider-Verse 2, i.e. should really be 21.

So to me Marvel looks far more top-heavy than DC regardless of how you count it.

Marvel usually beats DC but for this year, every month, the sales gap between the big two comic companies have been bigger. Marvel is really doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC wants Batman, Superman, WW, Barry Allen & Hal to make all the money.

Anyone who is a treat to them gets limbo, killed or trashed on.

Jaime Reyes & Static would be ACTIVE at Marvel.
    Not in limbo because certain DC employees don't like them or trolls on messageboards write essays about how theses guys are offensive and ruin everyone's reading.
    Like what was done to John Stewart & Black Panther.
    Ah, it's the curse of legacy character of color (especially if they're teenager) *sigh*. Most of them are sidelined, killed, or in limbo in favor of their predecessor. Has Connor Hawke and Cassandra Cain back in main universe? I love Zatanna and Power Girl and I'm sad that those two don't have solo series in New 52. Oh, the agony liking C and D list character.
    Last edited by Kencana; 04-18-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Ah, it's the curse of legacy character of color (especially if they're teenager) *sigh*. Most of them are sidelined, killed, or in limbo in favor of their predecessor. Has Connor Hawke and Cassandra Cain back in main universe? I love Zatanna and Power Girl and I'm sad that those two don't have solo series in New 52. Oh, the agony liking C and D list character.
    I see it sorta like this...
    If DC and Marvel were gardens...

Marvel would be the one that gets pruned, reshaped and nurtured. With new plants getting added and a few others getting transplanted to other areas.
    DC would be the one that just goes in and mows it all down when it starts to look overgrown.

The main difference is that the DC one would have no legacy characters. At least not long before the next mowing.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I see it sorta like this...
    If DC and Marvel were gardens...

Marvel would be the one that gets pruned, reshaped and nurtured. With new plants getting added and a few others getting transplanted to other areas.
    DC would be the one that just goes in and mows it all down when it starts to look overgrown.

The main difference is that the DC one would have no legacy characters. At least not long before the next mowing.
    Yeah. Not to mention legacy character often received hate from people. Ive seen many people bashing Ms. Marvel and Young Avengers and call them "pandering". LMAO. I know someone that is a huge DC fan, but later she switched side to Marvel because of Ms Marvel. Sorry pals, sometimes new and diverse book like Silk and Spider Gwen bring new reader. I admit one of my main reason reading Silk and Spider-Gwen is because I love their costume and backstory. It's just too badass.