Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So i was thinking. With the identity of the new Robo Bat Cop being who it is, what are the odds that .Jr pops up.
    He popped up when Jim went to jail in Eternal. I can't imagine he wouldn't come back to mess with his dad's mind some more if he got wind of this.

So it may very well depend on how secret Jim's new job turns out to be.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

A little birdy told me this is only going to last a handful of issues (for those of you that might think this may be dragged out).
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    A little birdy told me this is only going to last a handful of issues (for those of you that might think this may be dragged out).
    A birdy we should all trust?

If this only lasts like 5 issues, then I think that makes more sense for Jim. It is a stretch as far as a status quo for him (he's far less than a JPV or Dick, robosuit or not).

If true, that this is brief, then just makes you wonder what it's store for Bruce.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

That's good to know assuming the "little birdy" is correct about it. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm moving to trade waiting Batman for a bit. Even Endgame at six issues has felt a bit drawn out to me and that was even before the last issue being delayed happened. I am curious about what happens after this though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    A birdy we should all trust?

If this only lasts like 5 issues, then I think that makes more sense for Jim. It is a stretch as far as a status quo for him (he's far less than a JPV or Dick, robosuit or not).

If true, that this is brief, then just makes you wonder what it's store for Bruce.
    I share a LCS with Snyder, and it wasn't right from his mouth but it was said at the shop (by a worker trying to calm down a guy all "it's a bunny suit, how will anyone like this?!" Rant). It could all be hogwash, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 04-16-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Well, Scott Snyder has said repeatedly that he and Capullo only have plans up to issue #50. So unless that has changed very recently, I don't see Jim staying as Batman beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Well, Scott Snyder has said repeatedly that he and Capullo only have plans up to issue #50. So unless that has changed very recently, I don't see Jim staying as Batman beyond that.
    If what was said is true, Batman will be back by issue 45. Also, Snyder has said tha if he's wanted he'd go past 50. I'm sure that will wind up happening.

Ya I can see the novelty of the whole thing wearing off after 6 issues at best. Anything after that would feel dragged out IMO.

If its a short run and Bruce comes back after 5 or 6 issues that I will walk a little back on my statements of feeling this was an uninteresting move.

All-New Member

Why a bunny armor?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I really can't believe it, he just sounds so out of character especially the bit about the batmobile
    Well, Snyder's signed on until #50, so it won't go further than that, even if Snyder stays on the title.

What else could he have done? I guess it sets up the status quo for June quite nicely.

BANNED

Default What do you think of (SPOILER) taking over as Batman?

So, with Batman being KIA it looks like were going to need a new Dark Knight. It was leaked a while back that the new Batman will in fact be (SPOILER alert), Commissioner James Gordon. Gordon will be piloting a anime style mech (no I'm not joking), and wielding a canon sized pistol (I'm curious about who he's fighting sense most of the Bat-villains aren't superhumans who would require a mech). So what do you think?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

It actually has me interested in the title for the first time since Court of Owls. I'm hoping Snyder's command of Gordon is better than that of Bruce.

And I think it's okay, you dont need to spoiler warn us. We all pretty much know.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Honestly? Pretty lame.

It is up to Snyder and Capullo to change my mind.

There is only one replacement for Bruce and it isn't a cop in a mechanical suit.