View Poll Results: What is your favorite Spider-Man spinoff (aside from the Punisher)?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arana/ Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)

1 1.33%
  • Cloak and Dagger

4 5.33%
  • Green Goblin

0 0%
  • Morbius

0 0%
  • Scarlet Spider

13 17.33%
  • Silk

4 5.33%
  • Silver Sable

1 1.33%
  • Slingers

1 1.33%
  • Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker)

14 18.67%
  • Spider-Gwen

6 8.00%
  • Spider-Man 2099

8 10.67%
  • Superior Foes of Spider-Man

15 20.00%
  • Venom (Eddie Brock)

1 1.33%
  • Venom (Flash Thompson)

5 6.67%
  • Other (Please Specify)

2 2.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Are you suggesting Marvel didn't want Ben Reilly in the Spiderverse anymore because it would be confusing, so they didn't want to commit a creative team?

Would a Ben Reilly in the Spiderverse have ruined future stories for Peter Parker? I don't think so. They seemed to have returned Kaine without any adverse effects. Ben Reilly outlived his usefulness as a foil for confusing the true identities of Ben and Peter. Sadly, Ben Reilly's identity as the clone was only discovered on his death and he dissolved, and that's how Peter knew he was the real deal. Marvel could only use Ben Reilly as a dissolving corpse, and that was his value to them. Ben Reilly was always a dead man walking when you see him as just a marker to point to the real Peter Parker, and to me that was a waste for his character. Marvel painted themselves into a corner with Ben Reilly. They couldn't have Peter Parker going forward until the clone was revealed, and the catch 22 was Ben had to die to prove it.

To this day, Ben Reilly's world was a really interesting world when juxtaposed against Peters world. I could read Ben stories easily. The problem I have with Peter Parker and his headlong rush into a dead end alley, is Peter was always headed for that alley. Ben Reilly at least was more relaxed and less obsessed than Peter, and Ben had the same memories as Peter. This is something Marvel had the opportunity to explore with both of them in existence, as well as Peter having a brother to relate too, and bounce things off. (That a sister may also exist is an added dimension).
    I quoted the wrong post. It was a reply to oldschool's question on why Marvel didn't go with a Venom monthly title.

As for the Scarlet Spiders mini, I get why Ben Reilly fans are disappointed, but that mini-series had to be a positive contribution to the character's reputation. The complaints are about a plot point, rather than whether it should have existed at all.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

iMan 42s

In the scarlet spiders mini Ben was narrating up until the blast and did suggest he could get out of this. I'm going to think he did because I would not only love to see him back but I also love happy endings. I think in that sense with it being vague it allows a return which to me would be cool.

Voted for Kaine because I adore that Scarlet spider run with Yost. If anything I want to see Kaine used more in the Marvel universe he just is so cool and has such a rich background.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

I went with Scarlet over 2099, but just barely.

I like Spider-Gwen so far. But I'm only 2 issues in.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Why was that? I remember buying them all back in the 1990's but can't think of a reason why Marvel didn't just commit to a proper monthly considering Venom's wild popularity back then and the success of the first mini.
    I used to know this. I remember reading something about it years ago. But the memory has left my mind. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    In the scarlet spiders mini Ben was narrating up until the blast and did suggest he could get out of this. I'm going to think he did because I would not only love to see him back but I also love happy endings. I think in that sense with it being vague it allows a return which to me would be cool.

Voted for Kaine because I adore that Scarlet spider run with Yost. If anything I want to see Kaine used more in the Marvel universe he just is so cool and has such a rich background.
    I think Kaine is definitely ripe for a team book. He's a loose cannon with Spider-Man's powers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Cloak & Dagger- I want a new series.

The Prowler deserves a new ongoing and a different setting besides NYC: Make it Detroit.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

My favorite was Morbius (the Midnight Sons series, not the god awful hoodie series), but I didn't notice him until after I'd already voted for Silver Sable.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Scarlet Spider!Kaine. I woulda gone with SM2099 but I can collect Kaine easier at the moment.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I still want my Sinister Web of Spider-Man series starring Kaine, Morbius, and maybe Venom if need be.

-Pav, who knows Venom gets sales...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Silk is my favorite Spider-Man book of all time and character after Ben Reilly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    For me its between Scarlet Spider (Yost's) and The Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Both bloody good. Enjoying Spider-Gwen as well though that's early in the run.
    Went with Superior, just.

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    I think that there are more interesting characters on the list, but Spider-Girl wins for me. Her ongoing did noticeably flag towards the end of its lifespan, but the first 100 issues or so were remarkably consistent.

I don't think that any of her rivals here have featured in as many good quality stories, or spawned as many supporting characters - most of them welcome additions to the Spider-Man canon.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Astonishing Member

It's too bad we'll never get a Black Cat ongoing solo series now that Slott made her into an A-List superior villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It's too bad we'll never get a Black Cat ongoing solo series now that Slott made her into an A-List superior villain.
    I doubt that's going to matter five years from now.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Tie up between Foes, Flash Venom, and Superior.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I doubt that's going to matter five years from now.
    You are right about that. But it will be a longtime before we'll get to see a Black Cat on-going solo series. Although, it would be cool if Kelly Sue Deconnick was writing the series.