Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nah cuz they're not incapacitated.
    So I've been using both '10 count' and 'BFR' a bit wrong till now? Huh.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  2. #47
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,609

    Default

    Dictionary updated with a variety of terms having to do with Ring-outs.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  3. #48
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Stands for "Battle Field Removal".

    Effectively, it's a term used to describe when someone can say, pick up someone else, and then throw them into orbit ... or do something else to remove the other person from the fight in a way they do not have the ability to return from; say via dimension dumping (dropping them into another dimension with an ability, etc), or teleporting them into the Sun, or some such. Typically we use it to mean that the person can't return to the fight under their own power, as well.

    So ! Examples:

    Hulk BFR'ing the Thing into space, would be an effective BFR.

    Hulk trying to do that to Nova (someone who can fly/operate in space) wouldn't be.

    Dr. Fate dumping Spider-Man into the Sun, would be an effective BFR.

    Dr. Fate dumping the Silver Surfer into the Sun, wouldn't be.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  4. #49
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ten count?

    Yeah BFR does not mean 10 count. Saw you said the bfr term was wrong.

    BFR is Ring our no way back.

    Ten count is just making other fighter unable to do anything, via typical knock out, trapped to point unable to do anything to stop ten count or if the person is immortal/super regen. Just blown to enough pieces that the character is inactive more than 10 count so win.

    That part depends on character. As some guys with maxed regen can like reform from puddles of blood or said blood drops become newly formed character in army of clones fashion.

  5. #50
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    What does a "composite" version of a character mean?

    What does a "stacked" version of a character mean?

    What does a "stacked composite" version of a character mean?

    Examples of each of these Rumbles terms would be greatly appreciated.

  6. #51
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    What does a "composite" version of a character mean?

    What does a "stacked" version of a character mean?

    What does a "stacked composite" version of a character mean?

    Examples of each of these Rumbles terms would be greatly appreciated.
    A composite version of a character is all possible versions of said character in one. A composite character gets feats from any version of itself.

    A stacked composite is the same thing but instead of taking the highest feats/stats from each version to define its attributes, the composite stacks so it gets the highest theoretical stat of all versions put together.

    A stacked character isn't a thing really, it might be used as a shorthand for the above term.

    So, for example, Composite Batman is as strong as the strongest version of Batman while a stacked composite is as strong as all versions of Batman put together.
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Underbelly: A Mafia Intrigue RPG. Come and do crimes!

    Art Thread on CBR

  7. #52
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    A composite version of a character is all possible versions of said character in one. A composite character gets feats from any version of itself.

    A stacked composite is the same thing but instead of taking the highest feats/stats from each version to define its attributes, the composite stacks so it gets the highest theoretical stat of all versions put together.

    A stacked character isn't a thing really, it might be used as a shorthand for the above term.

    So, for example, Composite Batman is as strong as the strongest version of Batman while a stacked composite is as strong as all versions of Batman put together.
    Thank you for explaining those terms!

    I'm guessing by best feats, one-time high outliers like golden age Wonder Woman towing the sun with her lasso, silver age Superboy sneezing out a galaxy, and Spider-Man vs Firelord do not count, correct?

  8. #53
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Thank you for explaining those terms!

    I'm guessing by best feats, one-time high outliers like golden age Wonder Woman towing the sun with her lasso, silver age Superboy sneezing out a galaxy, and Spider-Man vs Firelord do not count, correct?
    That's correct, to use the titular case; Composite Spider-Man would not be able to beat up Firelord.

    Well, technically he might be able to because Composite Spider-Man contains Captain Universe Spider-Man but that's due to actual legitimate feats rather than a version of Spider-Man operating wildly beyond his established parameters being in the mix.
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Underbelly: A Mafia Intrigue RPG. Come and do crimes!

    Art Thread on CBR

  9. #54
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,609

    Default

    Gonna add those to the dictionary now.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •