Is this common in use hereabouts?
    It was a couple of years back.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It was a couple of years back.
    All good, then.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Here's a few from an age or two ago...

IG: Infinity gauntlet. As worn by Thanos.

SGS: Shun Goku Satsu, lethal finishing move used most commonly by Akuma/Gouki of the Street Fighter franchise. Purported to "send its victim to Hell," or "summon demons to attack the victim." Neither has been proven through feats, therefore the nature of the attack is still up in the air. Occurs off-screen. Only one victim has ever fought through it; Asura, the angriest Demigod of them all.

LOT: League of Typos; a group of "characters" invented by Rumblers when they made typos. i.e. Bat Grill, Killer Crock et al.

CBPH: Comic Book Peak Human. We need a mod definition on this one, IMHO.

FTL: Faster-than-light. What it says on the tin.

Warp Scale: refers to the FTL gradations of Trek-verse ships. More than one variation; must specify which one is being referred to.

LHW: Light Hawk Wing/s. Hax attack or defense only rivaled, or surpassed by the Super Galaxy Giga Drill Breaker or upwards(this is open to debate, however...)

PR: Power Rangers. Self-explanatory.

ID: Initial D, manga about illegal street racing by Keisuke Itagaki. Concluded 2014.

AOA: Age of Apocalypse, Marvel Comics storyline, first-release and original books defined by holographic card and die-cut, full-span covers.

LT: Living Tribunal, Marvel Comics Character. Please use Wiki.

L-Sama:
    Slayers character, defined as the creative and destructive force behind the Slayers multiverse.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    IG: Infinity gauntlet. As worn by Thanos.

SGS: Shun Goku Satsu, lethal finishing move used most commonly by Akuma/Gouki of the Street Fighter franchise. Purported to "send its victim to Hell," or "summon demons to attack the victim." Neither has been proven through feats, therefore the nature of the attack is still up in the air. Occurs off-screen. Only one victim has ever fought through it; Asura, the angriest Demigod of them all.

LOT: League of Typos; a group of "characters" invented by Rumblers when they made typos. i.e. Bat Grill, Killer Crock et al.

LHW: Light Hawk Wing/s. Hax attack or defense only rivaled, or surpassed by the Super Galaxy Giga Drill Breaker or upwards(this is open to debate, however...)

PR: Power Rangers. Self-explanatory.

ID: Initial D, manga about illegal street racing by Keisuke Itagaki. Concluded 2014.

AOA: Age of Apocalypse, Marvel Comics storyline, first-release and original books defined by holographic card and die-cut, full-span covers.

LT: Living Tribunal, Marvel Comics Character. Please use Wiki.

L-Sama: Slayers character, defined as the creative and destructive force behind the Slayers multiverse.
    Specific characters and such I'm not going to put in. It's not a character/ability list, it's jargon. Much as I love the League of Typos.

CBPH: Comic Book Peak Human. We need a mod definition on this one, IMHO.
    We have a notation on this one.

FTL: Faster-than-light. What it says on the tin.
    This is pretty basic, honestly, and isn't solely a Rumbles thing.

Warp Scale: refers to the FTL gradations of Trek-verse ships. More than one variation; must specify which one is being referred to.
    Again, stuff specific to a universe, not really going to include.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

A little late, but what about the term: "Outlier" for rumbles?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    That's just a real word.

It's not a Rumbles specific term.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/outlier?s=t

You're welcome.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Question: I've seen "BFR" on a few threads. What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Menace of Mysterio View Post
    Question: I've seen "BFR" on a few threads. What is that?
    Stands for "Battle Field Removal".

Effectively, it's a term used to describe when someone can say, pick up someone else, and then throw them into orbit ... or do something else to remove the other person from the fight in a way they do not have the ability to return from; say via dimension dumping (dropping them into another dimension with an ability, etc), or teleporting them into the Sun, or some such. Typically we use it to mean that the person can't return to the fight under their own power, as well.

So ! Examples:

Hulk BFR'ing the Thing into space, would be an effective BFR.

Hulk trying to do that to Nova (someone who can fly/operate in space) wouldn't be.

Dr. Fate dumping Spider-Man into the Sun, would be an effective BFR.

Dr. Fate dumping the Silver Surfer into the Sun, wouldn't be.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 11-28-2018 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Added some examples.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ah. Thank you!
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own - for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.-Rod Serling

Quote Originally Posted by Menace of Mysterio View Post
    Ah. Thank you!
    Yup !

Might have missed some of the finer points, but that'll certainly work for the broad strokes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Doesn't it also count as BFR if the characters can come back to battle field on their own, but it would just take too long?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Doesn't it also count as BFR if the characters can come back to battle field on their own, but it would just take too long?
    My understanding was, as long as they can make it back ... fight is still on.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    My understanding was, as long as they can make it back ... fight is still on.
    Ten count?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ten count?
    Nah cuz they're not incapacitated.

Arx Inosaan