Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There will never be any of the 'arrow-timer' or 'laser-timer' ridiculousness in the Rumbles dictionary. Arrow-timer only crops up once in a while and is absolutely silly sounding, and I've never even SEEN laser-timer used before.

The ONLY reason we use 'bullet-timer' as a short-hand for 'has the reflexes to react to bullets after they've been fired' is because it's a phrase that picked up some kind of use OUTSIDE of Rumbles thanks to the awful Matrix movies.

Use 'FTL reflexes' or whathaveyou, and 'Catches arrows' or 'reacts to arrows'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Edit: for some reason this topic came up as new for me while i didn't realize the last post was last year, my bad.
    Last edited by Cody; 08-11-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Has there been consideration of adding Toon Force to the dictionary? I didn't see it mentioned.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm considering not. I might add it as something like 'Toonforce is not something that is given a lot of credence on Rumbles'.

I know that in the past it was used as kind of an 'I win!' card in some matches, and it likely is still used in that fashion in different places on the net. That's fair enough. I know that when I was a mod - and after that - we did away with that kind of thing, instead demanding feats for characters billed as 'toonforcers' or the like.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm considering not. I might add it as something like 'Toonforce is not something that is given a lot of credence on Rumbles'.

I know that in the past it was used as kind of an 'I win!' card in some matches, and it likely is still used in that fashion in different places on the net. That's fair enough. I know that when I was a mod - and after that - we did away with that kind of thing, instead demanding feats for characters billed as 'toonforcers' or the like.
    Seems to me that what you just said is the basis for a mention of Toonforce. It is still in use, and having a clear definition and explanation why it shouldn't be used might be helpful to avoid problems in the future.

Toonforce is basically limited reality warping.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I've never even SEEN laser-timer used before.
    I remember using it once for a video game character who dodged around lasers and was like "you should know lasers wouldn't work on ME!" in cutscenes that one time, and then proceeded to get hit all the time in the combat system in the game. SO he was literally a laser timer, in that lasers were all he could dodge with super speed.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Seems to me that what you just said is the basis for a mention of Toonforce. It is still in use, and having a clear definition and explanation why it shouldn't be used might be helpful to avoid problems in the future.

Toonforce is basically limited reality warping.
    But part of the issue is that it has no fixed meaning. In arguments on here and elsewhere, the term has become a shorthand for a number of things but broadly "toons can just do whatever they want because comedy and therefore they win any given conflict," rather than a term that means something specific within a Rumbles context.