Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

I have to agree its probably Earths' End. I mean, what the hell was that, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT

Also, one wonders how one can ruin a premise that is essentially Superman vs TWIN CLONES OF HITLER, in a POST-APOCALYPTIC WASTELAND

For those that put Whom Gods Destroy down, I feel for ya. If you thought Morrison was convoluted halfway through his run if the rebooted Action, this was way, WAY worse. The ONLY thing I liked about it was Lois becoming Wonder Woman. It's pretty much the only time I can ship WW with Superman because It's not Diana, it's Lois at the end (the mantle of the title was taken from Diana by some of the goddesses). BTW, Clark is changed back by the end, but the story is most certainly Lois and Lana's hero journey.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd say three of the four 1994 Elseworlds annuals were terrible; with Adventures of Superman actually being really good.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah, the scene in which WW is staring down on him is very, very intentional on Cooke's part. I remember there's an interview, I think on the New Frontier DVD, when Cooke muses out loud what if Wonder Woman was taller than Superman, and how would that change the dynamics of the scene.
    It would have made Wonder Woman look like an even bigger jerk.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I'll add to the "Earth's End" votes here. That one was just strange and terrible.

"Speeding Bullets" makes my list too. The mixing of Lex/Joker felt really forced. Plus that last page makes no sense and just throws the entire concept of the Elseworld right out the window.

I'm also surprised that we go two pages in and no one mentioned "True Brit". So I'll throw that one out there.

I heard terrible things about True Brit before I read it, but I actually found it quite enjoyable. I'm not sure why it gets all of the hate.

'True Brit' is done along the lines of a Monty Python movie - to some, it was too much.

It had its moments, though.

Well it was co-written by John Cleese