Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Amazing X-Men first arc thoughts?

Now that we have cleared the first arc of Amazing X-Men I was just checking in to see what you guys think? Personally, this is my go-to X-Men book with All New X-Men trailing slightly behind, I don't read WATX and didn't like Uncanny one bit. Amazing X-Men is the book that comes closest to bringing me those fuzzy feelings of classic X-Men that I enjoyed as a youth and I absolutely love it.

I enjoyed the first arc and am glad to see Nightcrawler alive and well and after what went down in the last issue I'm really excited to see where the book goes from here. What an experience! I really like the cast in Amazing X-Men over some of the other books, it just seems to make use of the characters I care about and for those I don't get enough of I can find them in All New X-Men.

So, what do you guys think of the book?

Love the cast. Love Nightcrawler coming back. LOVE McGuinness' art. Story was nothing groundbreaking, but a fun read for sure.

Average at best.
    Art was great, story left a lot to be desired. Nightcrawler's return should have ben more epic than it was.

It left me relatively cold to be honest.

I appreciate the fact that everyone is mostly in character and we got some fun moments for each of the members. The art was also stellar.
    However I feel like the whole thing could have been wrapped up faster, the story itself wasn't all that and the book lacks purpose aside from "look Nightcrawler's back".
    Last edited by Supernature; 04-30-2014 at 06:11 PM.

BANNED

The first arc started out really well.

o

BANNED

it was an abominatiion. Nightcrawler's character assassination has me heartbroken.

It was good

It was a so so arc. Firestorm joines the X-Men? Really? Rachel or Kitty aren't there to help resuce him?

The art was the only good part.

BANNED

Terrible.

Bringing in Firestar just so Iceman has someone else to fawn over, and use the utterly predictable and utterly awful "fire and ice" pun, instead of using members of the JGS who already existed? Terrible.

Implying that Xavier would be welcomed into Heaven? Ridiculous.

Floating pirate ships in Hell that attack Heaven? Really? Am I seven? Am I a seven year old child? Because that's the only way that pirate ships in Hell isn't utterly asinine.

The story had potential.

Had.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I can't wait to see this series grow, it's been so fun and enjoyable that I just can't put it down. I'm hoping more classic X-Men show up over time, especially since it's been a while since I've seen Gambit or Colossus in a comic and it would be a nice homecoming aside from a quick group shot like they did with Gambit in the previous issue. All in all I'm addicted to this book, as I said before it's brought me back to a fun time where reading X-Men was exciting and really pulled at my geek strings. I comment the creative team for doing such a wonderful job. I'm just hoping the new writer will keep up on it and do this book justice.

i thought it was terrible. and ridiculous notion that charles would be anywhere near heaven's pearly gates. the only good thing about the arc was northstar flapping around like peter pan.

I really enjoyed these first few issues: good art, fun story with an old school feel to it. Firestar really needs a better costume though, she looks so dated.

BANNED

I thought it was boring~ Boring and limp
    the characters who are the "SENIOR STAFF" at the jean grey school of arts and technology are totally boring and/or have been given personality transplants under Aaron.

who is this Storm?? who cares. get rid of that godawful mohawk, let her use her POWERS and throw lightning at lessors whilst proclaiming where the wind and rain is coming from.
    Beast? Iceman? did they even interact with Nightcrawler? Fireflop?~~~~~~~!?!?~~ no, darling. exit stage left

The art was nice though and I DID think Azazel was written better than under Chuck Austen. no t, no shade hunty. y'all should have been hre for the Austen run... that was a fun board!

BANNED

needed moar Rachel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    needed moar Rachel.
    needed less Firestart making Bobby feel like a p.i.m.p