Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Convergence: Superboy #1

STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Has Kon-El earned the right to be the new Man of Steel? Kon will have to prove his mettle in battle against the Superman of Kingdom Come! But what if the only way to save Metropolis is to lose the fight?

Full preview here.

Loved seeing those characters again. Can't wait to get this. It's my most anticipated title of the whole event.

Wish they'd just stick with this version of Superboy after Convergence.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Seriously, instant icon. I really am looking forward to this

Pretty much the only property that I look at and just think that every single thing about it is better than the current entity. (not to mention better than anything since Johns screwed him up 12 years ago).

I don't support the idea of swapping out other-reality characters to the main line once Convergence ends, but lord I hope someone sees this and takes major inspirations from it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-14-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Approximating is almost as bad as swapping realities, they should just use the real thing. If this event is putting every toy on the table, to hell with the main line, just put out good comics with viable versions of the characters.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Approximating is almost as bad as swapping realities, they should just use the real thing. If this event is putting every toy on the table, to hell with the main line, just put out good comics with viable versions of the characters.
    Amen brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Thing is, its not putting every toy on the table. Not in the way you're suggesting, at least. This is still essentially a farewell to most of these realities, despite the PR. Vague suggestions otherwise is only lip service to create the illusion of the possibility of the same type of repercussions as Secret Wars will have. There will still be a main line after this and a main multiverse and it will be the same one the New 52 introduced. With that in mind I just can't support the idea of bringing alternate reality characters into the main earth. Even just one as it possibly sets a precedent for more which would only make for clutter. I'm all for a looser sense of continuity but not that far, and I doubt that's what DC has in mind either with their "story trumps continuity" edict. With that said I do anticipate survivors, don't get me wrong, but they'll be shipped off to their own special place, much like the survivors of the Crisis were sent to the paradise dimension.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-15-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Not expecting a reboot or a cross of realities, though, just saying this shouldn't be the end.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 04-15-2015 at 02:42 PM.