Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sahands View Post
    I think these can be a good investment, I'm just thinking about the future value of the comics, my plan is than my son can use these in the future to pay off his university debts.
    I don't think so. I think the value won't rise and there's a big price you'll pay too much in auctions. Why don't you just put the money on a bank account and buy him a comic he can actually read? Of course it's your decision but that's what I would do.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sahands View Post
    I think these can be a good investment, I'm just thinking about the future value of the comics, my plan is than my son can use these in the future to pay off his university debts.
    It all depends what you pay and what they're actually worth/what condition you're in. Those particular comics will always have some kind of value and collectable nature.

But as a plan to pay off university debts? That's probably a bad idea. You'd be better off talking to a professional financial adviser about low risk - decent return long term investments. Investing in collectibles as a college plan usually never works.

If you buy these comics, buy them as a gift if he actually likes the comics/characters and will appreciate this bundle. If he doesn't care or isn't interested, it's not going to be a rewarding experience. I'd highly recommend against buying these for investment purposes though.

my son is a big fan of spiderman and x-men, so he'll definitely like it, I'm sure the comics will be at least decent quality, the auction is to raise money for the hospital.
    Last edited by sahands; 04-18-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has suggested a wee bit of caution might be the path of wisdom.

Put it this way..without knowing a lot more about these comics (e.g. Their provenance, their grading, who graded them, safeguards to prevent switches after grading, who is selling, what is arrangement if subsequently scrutiny establishes forgery,etc, etc)..I wouldn't be bidding on them at all...much less putting in a "low" bid of 5,000 dollars.

Yes..it's possible to bid "blind", get lucky, and snag a bargain. But equally possible to end up buying a pup. Happy to leave buying ungraded classic comics to experts.
    Exactly. If these comics are in VF/NM condition, then they are very valuable indeed.

Why haven't they already been graded/ slabbed?

Are you sure that these are the complete comics as they look more like a tribute to Marvel comics. It could be the case of reproduction covers, make sure before you bid anything and good luck.

Here for the hardcovers! Strange Animal's Avatar

I don't think that these are comic books at all. My father was recently in the hospital and I saw much larger framed posters or lithographs of first issues that were up for auction which included Hulk and Spidey. I would contact the hospital and ask if the issues are real comic books or some kind of prints or reproductions. My guess is that if they are it will likely reach a price of $500-$600 as it is being auctioned for charity.

These are definitely not the original comic books but reproductions of the covers as prints, framed with a metal plaque. There is a similar DC Comics one too. A simple google search would have told you that

Yikes.....

it's frustrating that they have not replied back to me yet, I definitely won't bid a penny unless if I get a reply on the condition, I would assume they are comics as it says "marvel comics" in the plaque.