Amazing Member

Default Marvel Illuminati Appearances?

Hey, I was just wondering if any of you know any of the appearances of the illuminati BEFORE Hickman's run of Avengers (including storylines important to the overall story), as I know that they appear in many, many issues during his run. I know some appearances (There were several during Bendis' original New Avengers run, and one of the AvX tie-ins), but really don't have the time to dig them out. I'll keep an updated list below of all the issues I know of. Many thanks in advance!

KNOWN ISSUES:

Series Featuring the Illuminati:

New Avengers Illuminati (v1) #1 - Original 'Road to Civil War' One-Shot
    New Avengers Illuminati (v2) #1-5 - 'Secret Histories'

Bendis' Original Avengers Run:
    New Avengers (v1) #7-10 - 'The Sentry'

Civil War:
    Civil War (v1) #1-7 - Iron Man vs Captain America (Pretty Sure They Stay Behind the Scenes for This)

World War Hulk:
    Incredible Hulk (v2) #92-105 & Giant-Size #1 -Planet Hulk (They Only Appear At The Beginning Here, I Think)
    World War Hulk (v1) #1-5 - Hulk vs Illuminati Revenge Battle
    World War Hulk: X-Men (v1) #1-3 - Hulk vs Prof X

Secret Invasion:
    New Avengers (v1) #40, 44 - Skrulls Experiment with Illuminati DNA

Iron Man Legacy:
    Iron Man Legacy (v1) #6-11 - Industrial Revolution? Still Need to Confirm This

Bendis' Second Avengers Run:
    Avengers (v4) #7-12 - Captain America? Still Need to Confirm This

Avengers vs. X-Men:
    New Avengers (v2) #29 - Illuminati (try to) speak with Namor

Thanks Especially to Taral-DLOS, haultan1992, havok1997 for contributing and to Iron Maiden for telling me why I couldn't edit this original post. Thanks Guys!

PS: If you're wondering what this is for, I'm trying to create a basic, easy to follow reading order leading up to Secret Wars, and as the Illuminati play a major role during the build-up, I thought I'd follow their story through the ages.

Once Again, Many Thanks!
    Last edited by wolverine7230; 04-15-2015 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Update Needed

They were in the main World War Hulk mini, I believe. Hulk was getting revenge on the Illuminati for sending him away (and then causing the death of his life partner).

Amazing Member

OK, Thanks A Lot, Adding World War Hulk to the List

Amazing Member

OK, for some reason I can't edit my original pot, but currently the list stands at:

New Avengers Illuminati (v1) #1
    New Avengers Illuminati (v2) #1-5
    World War Hulk #1-5 (Thanks to Taral-DLOS)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine7230 View Post
    OK, for some reason I can't edit my original pot, but currently the list stands at:

New Avengers Illuminati (v1) #1
    New Avengers Illuminati (v2) #1-5
    World War Hulk #1-5 (Thanks to Taral-DLOS)
    The mod can answer that but I believe your post count is too low. The more you post, the more user profile privileges kick in.

Amazing Member

OK thanks for the info

All-New Member

They appear in New Avengers Vol 1 # 7-10 what is the first time we ever see them, New Avengers Vol 1 # 44 (part of Secret Invasion), Civil War, World War Hulk X-Men, Avengers Vol 4 # 7-12 (where the other Avengers learn about the existence of the Illuminati, it also ties into Hickman's New Avengers first arc with Captain America having his mind wiped).

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    They were in the main World War Hulk mini, I believe. Hulk was getting revenge on the Illuminati for sending him away (and then causing the death of his life partner).
    ^ Which ties to Planet Hulk, even if the Illuminati only show up to kick off the story.

Also, they are outed to Captain America during Bendis' second arc on his relaunched plain Avengers (2010).

Nothing else comes to mind right now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by haultan1992 View Post
    They appear in New Avengers Vol 1 # 7-10 what is the first time we ever see them, New Avengers Vol 1 # 44 (part of Secret Invasion), Civil War, World War Hulk X-Men, Avengers Vol 4 # 7-12 (where the other Avengers learn about the existence of the Illuminati, it also ties into Hickman's New Avengers first arc with Captain America having his mind wiped).
    Thanks, this is very useful indeed, will update the list shortly, also I believe that in New Avengers #44 they were just clones of the Illuminati and was part of the flashback series where the skrulls were trying to find a way to infiltrate human society undetected.

Also, they are outed to Captain America during Bendis' second arc on his relaunched plain Avengers (2010).
    OK, thanks, If you can find any issue numbers that would be great, but If not, I'll have a dig around on the internet.

Thanks all

Amazing Member

Currently the list stands at:

New Avengers: Illuminati (v1) #1
    New Avengers: Illuminati (v2) #1-5
    New Avengers (v1) #7-10 - The Sentry, 44 - Skrull Experiment (Thanks to haultan1992)
    Civil War (v1) #1-7 - Behind the Scenes I Believe (Thanks to haultan1992)
    World War Hulk (v1) #1-5 (Thanks to Taral-DLOS)
    World War Hulk: X-Men (v1) #1-3 (Thanks to haultan1992)
    Avengers (v4 - 2010 series) #7-12 (Thanks to haultan1992 and havok1997)
    New Avengers (v2 - 2010 series) #29 - Avengers vs X-Men Tie-In

EDIT: Finally I can edit now so from no on will update the ORIGINAL post. Thanks to everyone who has/is/will help
    Last edited by wolverine7230; 04-15-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Update the Post