Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default POLL: How Would You Rate Marvel/Netflix's "Daredevil?"

What do you think of Marvel's first foray into bringing its heroes to Netflix's original programming?

Full article here.

Mostly pretty great. I think he could have gotten the suit an episode or two sooner but all in all it set the bar pretty high. Hopefully Luke Cage achieves the same level of quality.

Oh... I also really like the Iron Fist teases: Madam Gao being from a place "a considerable amount further than China", her chi punch, and her Steel Serpent brand smack.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

It was a great unique take on a genre that's becoming overplayed I feel. It definitely stands out among the mediocrity. Daredevil did some great world building of the streets of New York, not to mention managed to portray the story in an interesting manner while keeping true to the books and adding its own flavour to it. Great stuff. Can't wait for the other Netflix shows.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

It might be the binge-watching experience talking, but I thought it got a little draggy towards the end. The last three or four episodes were spinning their wheels a little bit, before the final confrontation. That said, the first four or five episodes are excellent. The big fight scene in episode two is getting a lot of kudos, and they're well-deserved.

On the spoiler side of things . . .

spoilers:
    The only thing I really didn't care for was killing off Ben Urich. He's such a versatile, useful character, and Vondie Curtis-Hall was great in the part.
    end of spoilers

I'd give it a solid B+, and I'm looking forward to the next series.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It might be the binge-watching experience talking, but I thought it got a little draggy towards the end. The last three or four episodes were spinning their wheels a little bit, before the final confrontation. That said, the first four or five episodes are excellent. The big fight scene in episode two is getting a lot of kudos, and they're well-deserved.

On the spoiler side of things . . .

spoilers:
    The only thing I really didn't care for was killing off Ben Urich. He's such a versatile, useful character, and Vondie Curtis-Hall was great in the part.
    end of spoilers

I'd give it a solid B+, and I'm looking forward to the next series.
    I agree on the spoiler:

spoilers:
    Also, Ben could have acted as a tether for the various series since he's a crime reporter. His blog could have been "The Pulse" and had him weaving in and out of the rest of the future Defenders' lives.
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

In regards to the spoilers spoilers:
    Ben could've spanned throughout all the shows I think. Missed opportunity there. The reporter angle is a great one to work with, but it looked like they'll go with the trusted cop informants which isn't bad either.
    end of spoilers I was actually shocked they went that route.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 04-14-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

An easy 5stars from me. Haven't been this excited about a Marvel "series/live production" since the Avengers.

Ultimate Member

It was pretty great except for that "big death" in episode 12. Seemed like a waste of a good character.

Other than that it was excellent.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Terrific, and low budget for the most part which shows how strong the characters and stories are and always have been. I think it equals the Flash and Leaves the rest behind.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 04-14-2015 at 06:26 PM.

I was really surprised by this show and really loved it.

I thought it was pretty good. I really liked that it took its time to develop the characters including the villains. Looking forward to season 2.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'm not finished yet (episode 12) but I really like it. (Spoilers from episode 6) spoilers:
    Vladimir's alliance with Matt and his last stand while singing that Russian song rank among my favorite tv moments ever.
    end of spoilers
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

I like it. Kingpin seems a little hammy though.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm not quite finished yet, but so far I would easily give it 10 out of five stars! Far better than I ever expected it to be!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Loved the last two episodes the next season will be better now the he has costume and weapons. Ready for more villians or The Hand at least.