Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Psylocke + Ms. Marvel: Friends or foes?

Hey,

I wonder if Betsy Braddock and Carol Danvers have any common history? Could anybody quote issues and/or tell me how exactly they stand?
    I mean if they are:
    Rivals with some manner of conflict? What exactly?
    Comrades as much as casual beating of badguys allows?
    Friend of a friend? They're both close to Wolverine for example, that much I know. But their relations hence?
    Close friends?

What comicbook / issue did they meet?

Please help!
    thanks
    -glor

I'm sitting here thinking about it. I can't actually recall too many (if any) significant interactions between them. I'm sure they've met. Carol knows most of the longer-term X-Men, after all. For all I know, it probably have happened off panel. But Carol was mostly hanging out with the X-Men in the early 80s, Betsy didn't really hang out with the X-Men until the mid 80s.

If I had to categorize their relationship, I would call it... practically nonexistent.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    If I had to categorize their relationship, I would call it... practically nonexistent.
    What got me thinking is Betsy's "heavy body armour" period post- Trickster, Pre-Zaladane where Rogue was starting to get all sorts of issues with Carol in her head and SOMEHOW I seem to remember SOMETHING where Betsy is talking to either Alison or Rogue herself, saying something along the lines of "Carol Danvers was my friend as well. It is her alien nature which prevents me from reading Rogue's mind. [Rogue and Her] have more in common than you'll know."

I just never had the chance to access the full range of Marvel Comics as in my country we've had limited publications by a limited company, limited to what-ever they could shove into a monthly book or two that they could afford to pocket-publish.

Im not sure if they know each other but they have both been pilots and have worked for spy agencies.
    they have many friends of friends with many of the xmen being Psylocke and danvers friends. Captain Britain (psylocke's brother) worked with Carol to try to stop the phoenix during AvX.
    Both also have two siblings. hope this helps and there is probably some one who knows if they actually have met.

During the Outback Era you mentioned, when Rogue was having troubles with the Carol personality in her head, Betsy was often shown interacting with said Carol when she would take over Rogue's body. I would have to dig out the issues to give numbers, but there are a few scenes with the two sharing lunch/drinks while discussing how terrible they both think Rogue is (paraphrasing). I don't know whether that means the real Carol and Betsy would get along, but I like to think it does.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    During the Outback Era you mentioned, when Rogue was having troubles with the Carol personality in her head, Betsy was often shown interacting with said Carol when she would take over Rogue's body. I would have to dig out the issues to give numbers, but there are a few scenes with the two sharing lunch/drinks while discussing how terrible they both think Rogue is (paraphrasing). I don't know whether that means the real Carol and Betsy would get along, but I like to think it does.
    ^ This. I'm really interested in actual issues of the two of them meeting and interacting, not just the whole "extraction" where Psylocke slowly starts to work towards the end result where they separate Carol from Rogue.

Jobbroni

The Outback era has all of that but it wasn't the 'real' Carol. Any interactions Betsy had with that version are gone...I think. I seem to remember in an non-Carol book, that they said something about Carol reabsorbed the memories when Rogue purged herself of the Carol persona...but that feels like when JMS gave Spidey bone talons. It just didn't stick.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    The Outback era has all of that but it wasn't the 'real' Carol. Any interactions Betsy had with that version are gone...I think. I seem to remember in an non-Carol book, that they said something about Carol reabsorbed the memories when Rogue purged herself of the Carol persona...but that feels like when JMS gave Spidey bone talons. It just didn't stick.
    And even if she did reabsorb them... they're gone now!

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    And even if she did reabsorb them... they're gone now!
    Oh yeah, great point!

Still, it'd be neat for a Psylocke/Carol crossover.

All-New Member

Well since Psylocke is released this weekend in the Marvel Heroes MMO I'm going to write and draw a short fanfic of my two favourite characters fighting side by side to -- but I'm not giving spoilers. Trying to make it as authentic as possible. It will likely be along the lines of the rest of my writing / storytelling in rpg which is slightly above Marvel's T-rating, but nothing overly disturbing or disgusting, mind. Dark, sexy, something that digs into the mind and soul of the reader if I do get it right, not just a swimsuit buttkick-fest like some fanfics go.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

In Uncanny X-Men #239, Psylocke gets in a fight with Rogue, knocking Rogue out. The Danvers persona takes over. They have a chat.

In #244, Rogue has a tantrum and blames the Carol persona for redecorating her room. Betsy defends the persona, saying it's Rogue's fault for what she did to the real Carol. More drama, followed by shopping.

In #246, Carol persona goes to her Washington DC apartment to get some stuff. She and Betsy chat until the Nimrod/Master Mold fight.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I think they'd actually get along well. They're both scrappers. Both love getting up close and punching people, even if they could both fight more safely from a distance.

It would definitely be fun seeing them team up.

It would be hilarious if Psylocke appears and is so out of the loop that she meets Kamala by mistake instead of Carol.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    It would be hilarious if Psylocke appears and is so out of the loop that she meets Kamala by mistake instead of Carol.
    You get a giant-handed thumbs up for that comment!

Like many have already said Betsy got along very well with the Carol persona that inhabited Rogue's body. She actually got on with her much better than Rogue, who she's always had a rather antagonistic relationship with, lol. I don't think they've interacted since those days however.