Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Like many have already said Betsy got along very well with the Carol persona that inhabited Rogue's body. She actually got on with her much better than Rogue, who she's always had a rather antagonistic relationship with, lol. I don't think they've interacted since those days however.
    Yes, these are the comics I do own. Been wondering if anything happened since then but I'll just go with these then.

Current plot:

Page1
    Panel1 (Half-page Splash)
    Car-barricade, police outside a main gate, frog-eye perspective.
    Detective: It has been what, four hours now?
    Panel2 (Quarter page, line-wide)
    Sergeant: Give or take, lieutenant. These are the days I wish I listened to my mother and became a dentist-- what was that?
    Panel3 (Quarter page, line-wide)
    Carol busting through the door in flight, breaking down both wings with the face of a cyborg man (later revealed as one of the antagonists)
    Betsy following, two psi-zombified high-tech armed men with the butterfly emanations over their eyes.

Page2:
    Panel1 (Quarter page, half-line)
    Narration: Yesterday
    Dark room, children huddled up in a corner, shadowy silhouettes of high-tech legs in the foreground.
    Man1: Isn't this cozy? Don't worry, you won't be here long.
    Man2: No talking to the cargo, Sullivan. Focus on the assignment.
    Panel2 (quarter page, half-line)
    The two shadowed but visibly high-tech figures walk away from the scared mutant kids.
    Man1: Come on, Morales. My kids are the same age.
    Man2: These aren't kids, you simpleton -- they're weapons.
    Panel3 (quarter page, line-wide)
    A heavy door closed. View from inside, behind the heads of the frightened children as the lock is closed. (CLUNK)
    Text bubble through door: And don't forget that. Keep your eyes open and your mouth shut. These monsters can off you in a second if you drop your guard.

Page3:
    Panel1 (Quarter-page, 3/4 line)
    Narration: Xavier Institute, 10 hours ago.
    Semi-splash view of the manor, summer night, simple car parking near the driveway, two civilian figures at the door.
    Panel2 (Quarter-page, 1/4 line)
    Door opens, view from inside, the man and woman are fairly young, worried. The woman is wearing a hoodie, the eyes glow through the shadow of the hood. The man is average human.
    Woman: We need your help...
    Panel3 (Half-page, line-wide)
    Room. Couch, fireplace, large window in the back, book-shelf, living-room table, straight-on view.
    The pair sitting on the couch.
    The woman's hood is off, her mutation appears to be a physical one with bluish skin and hair, and glowing eyes, still an attractive figure.
    Betsy sitting in a sofa, listening.
    Man: ... and that is all we know. Our Clarice looks nothing unusual, and her powers are well under control.
    Woman: We should have brought her here. The professor helped me, he would have--
    Man: I wanted my child to live a normal life, she had every chance to. She can move a pencil with her mind, doesn't mean she should be isolated.
    Betsy: Who all knew about Clarice's power then?
    Panel4 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    The woman's eyes well up in tears, hands held out in front pleadingly.
    Woman: Only the other M in the neighborhood. She is so young, Elizabeth... I... don't even know what to..
    Panel6 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    Betsy's face remains collected and serious with a bit of compassion showing still.
    Betsy: At this point every bit of detail could be crucial information... Wait, you said you lived near..
    Panel7 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    Betsy jumping up turning and walking in a hurry towards the door. Dressed in normal clothes rather than uniform.
    Betsy: Make yourselves right at home. I'll be right back.

Page4:
    Panel1 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    Narration: SHIELD* Headquarters, New York, four hours ago
    Ornate gate in a brownstone downtown building. Plaque on the door. Looks like official premises.
    Text bubble (Betsy) ... and there have been a mighty high rate of insults towards the M population in this area. Not limited to verbal or wall-scrawls, do mind. I recall several particular cases of bricks with notes crashing through windows and some-such.
    Text bubble (unknown) We understand all this psylocke but SHIELD is not an investigation bureau, there is not much we can do unless...
    Panel2 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    Betsy slams the desk with both hands quite agitated at this point snapping at the figure in the forefront behind said desk.
    Betsy: I have been waiting here for hours for your marvelous system to get me to this desk. I never asked you to investigate, I said give me the information I need to bring that child back to her parents. A factor four child going missing and SHIELD not having information - such has never, and will never happen. I want that file.
    (Text bubble jagged)NOW.
    Panel3 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    SHIELD agent holding up both palms defensively. Middle-aged man, heavily balding, thick neck, tough fella with a jovial expression otherwise, little smile. Name tag reads "Brown".
    Agent Brown: I was about to say, unless it is related to MULTIPLE disappearances in the area.. which we are already investigating.. and legally I cannot give you a file or Hill will have my head, but if you want to help out on the field-job, who am I to stop you, after all you can read minds...
    Panel4 (Half-page, line-wide)
    Narration: "I'm sure Carol Danvers will be delighted to have your company."
    Narration2: Warehouse district, three hours ago.
    Warehouse. Car parked inside, hoist hanging from outside of the picture above, a man hung up by the jacket, unconscious. Warbird Flying Knee , two tough-guys already on the ground, third one about to go down, a wrench falling out of his hand which he was obviously about to try and break on her head. Probably a rich fella to be wasting good tools that way.
    Carol: Bad move.
    Panel5 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    Carol standing with hands on hips, man in a bad shape from the strike.
    Carol: I know you were in league with the mutant-hating scum. I know you were leading several open protests waving your little banners. Now speak up, where did they take those children?
    Man (voice bubble suggesting weakened state, groaning): Even if I knew I wouldn't tell you... those animals would KILL me.
    Panel6 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    Carol from behind, below-waist. Man in front lifted off the ground, feet dangling at Carol's knees.
    Carol: I'll do worse if you don't cough it up, buster.
    Unknown, from behind: A house ten miles west of here. Big gates. You can drop him now.
    Panel7 (Quarter-page, line-third)
    Carol's head turning back towards the door, surprised. Psylocke leaning against the doorframe, now in costume, butterfly emanations over her eyes.
    Carol: Psylocke?
    Betsy: Let's go.

Page5:
    Narration: Three hours ago
    The house on the inside, hallway, fairly broken down and dark. The two high-tech men receiving their cyborg boss.
    Panel1 (Page-third, line-third)
    Morales: Cargo secured. Some of them didn't make it. One has a telekinetic shield up that we couldn't penetrate but the containment field is operational.
    Sullivan: Collars would have been crisp, boss.
    Panel2 (Page-third, line-third)
    The boss is a sinister cyborg figure, wicked grin, cigar, top hat.
    Boss: I hope you have the quota or I might have to have one of you step in.
    Panel3 (Page-third, line-third)
    The two stooges look at one another fairly frightened.
    Panel4 (Page-third, line-wide)
    HAHAHA HAHAHA crimson bolds leading down to the boss' text bubble as he walks off towards the back of the building, the two losers relieved in the forefront of the panel, sagged shoulders, exhaling.
    Boss: Just kidding. Come on you two, let's secure the package. You know HE hates being kept waiting.
    Last edited by GLoRToR; 05-22-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Like many have already said Betsy got along very well with the Carol persona that inhabited Rogue's body. She actually got on with her much better than Rogue, who she's always had a rather antagonistic relationship with, lol. I don't think they've interacted since those days however.

You know I missed these! I didn't really start collecting Uncanny until about 246...I think Gambit debuted around then, but I think it's safe to say that Carol and Betsy would get along now. And that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    You know I missed these! I didn't really start collecting Uncanny until about 246...I think Gambit debuted around then, but I think it's safe to say that Carol and Betsy would get along now. And that's awesome.
    Gambit didn't debut until UXM#266, which was about a year after # 246. (During that period, for some reason, UXM was published twice a month.Maybe it was getting people in the mood for the second main X-Men tittle that debut in 1991.) In the Outback era, Betsy was a British SNOB,who looked down her nose at the "River rat Commoner" Rogue. ( I never understood Betsy's bad attitude towards Rogue. Betsy wasn't even around until the Morlocke Massacre era and never met the real Carol Danvers.)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Gambit didn't debut until UXM#266, which was about a year after # 246. (During that period, for some reason, UXM was published twice a month.Maybe it was getting people in the mood for the second main X-Men tittle that debut in 1991.) In the Outback era, Betsy was a British SNOB,who looked down her nose at the "River rat Commoner" Rogue. ( I never understood Betsy's bad attitude towards Rogue. Betsy wasn't even around until the Morlocke Massacre era and never met the real Carol Danvers.)
    It's worth noting that Psylocke had no particular conflict with Rogue early on. They were friendly enough. I think what probably happened is that Psylocke got to know "Carol," and got a better idea of exactly what it was that Rogue did, and felt angry about it. But Rogue also became a bit whiny during the Outback days, when "Carol" started taking over her body, and I think Psylocke simply had no patience for Rogue's self-pity about something she brought on herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It's worth noting that Psylocke had no particular conflict with Rogue early on. They were friendly enough. I think what probably happened is that Psylocke got to know "Carol," and got a better idea of exactly what it was that Rogue did, and felt angry about it. But Rogue also became a bit whiny during the Outback days, when "Carol" started taking over her body, and I think Psylocke simply had no patience for Rogue's self-pity about something she brought on herself.
    That's funny, because none of the male members of the group said BOO about what Rogue did to Carol during the Outback era.After UXM#173, even Logan's attitude towards Rogue changed. Alex, Peter and Longshot said nothing about it. Only the self righteous Storm and the English SNOB Betsy seemed to make an issue of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    That's funny, because none of the male members of the group said BOO about what Rogue did to Carol during the Outback era.After UXM#173, even Logan's attitude towards Rogue changed. Alex, Peter and Longshot said nothing about it. Only the self righteous Storm and the English SNOB Betsy seemed to make an issue of it.
    Most of the other X-Men had already gotten past it. Havok didn't spend much time talking to "Carol," so he didn't have any real emotional context. Storm was a hard-ass at the time with no patience for self-pity, so Rogue's bitching didn't impress her. Psylocke got to know "Carol" personally, giving her an emotional context, and also wasn't impressed by Rogue's self-pity.

Jobbroni

mike, I also think it goes to quite simply, sometimes you just don't like your co-workers. I mean, I like my co-workers fine, and I got their back, but I don't know that I want to spend all my free time with them, especially if they tried to murder someone at one point.

Yeah, we actually just had a convo about the Betsy/Rogue dynamic in the Psylocke appreciation thread not to long ago. It was more of a friendly but not friends type of thing. They've never really seemed to get along that well, always in slight competition and constantly make digs at each other. They're those girls who wouldn't really hang around each other if they didn't have so many mutual friends. Tazirai went on to say how he felt there was jealousy between the two. Rogue being the stronger than ox battering ram and Betsy being the aristocratic butterfly. Both wanted what the other had.

All-New Member

With Carol on the other hand, it seems like even if they have nothing but the initial concept of honour and valour in common, what and who they are is mutually appreciated simply because they are both mature and have been through enough bad stuff in life to learn to appreciate perseverance in others.