Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Aftershock Comics MEGATHREAD

So, we know that Aftershock Comics will be launching shortly thanks to news that an X-Men editor has left Marvel to join Aftershock in a higher role, but what can we expect from the publisher moving forward? It appears as if they're going the Image route by trying to grab big talent who wants to have more control over their creativity but as of now nothing has been announced or even hinted at for talent signed or titles to be released. It will be interesting to see what this publisher can bring to the table and what kind of news we will see drop moving forward.

Discuss

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    So, we know that Aftershock Comics will be launching shortly thanks to news that an X-Men editor has left Marvel to join Aftershock in a higher role, but what can we expect from the publisher moving forward? It appears as if they're going the Image route by trying to grab big talent who wants to have more control over their creativity but as of now nothing has been announced or even hinted at for talent signed or titles to be released. It will be interesting to see what this publisher can bring to the table and what kind of news we will see drop moving forward.

Discuss
    I'm very curious about what sort of book's AC will publish. I can't find much on the Internet. They'll need to find a niche. DC, Marvel and Valiant have superheroes squared away. Image and Vertigo publish plenty of very good-to-excellent adult comics. IDW has licensed properties nailed down. Dark Horse has an interesting array of genres: Hellboy, horror, sci-fi, superheroes and some licensed properties. I'm not sure what AC can offer that isn't already being done well by another publisher. I guess it will depend upon which writers and artists they hire.