Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do we need another good X-Men Game?

and if so what story line should it be based on?
    And now I finally arrived.

BANNED

It would be nice. Would be more interested in the gameplay, but probably a storyline that's not based on any one thing.

Fantastic Member

We don't need one, but it would be nice. Whatever type of game it is, I think it should include some Secret Wars characters, like PhoenixClops and OML.

X-Men Legends 3. It won't happen though, Marvel is refusing to allow any company to license the X-Men/Fantastic Four characters.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    X-Men Legends 3. It won't happen though, Marvel is refusing to allow any company to license the X-Men/Fantastic Four characters.
    I know the unnamed game coming in a couple years was rumored to be ultimate alliance 3. Unlikely cause telltale doesnt seem like they would make that kinda game. But whatever lets say they do make UA3. You think they would exclude F4/xmen characters? Highly unlikely since those 2 franchises make up a huge chunk of the combined rosters.

BANNED

If there was a new Ultimate Alliance game coming, it wouldn't be from Telltale Games.

As for the character question. I think they could very easily do it without X-Men and Fantastic Four characters, it would be less interesting, but they could just do it with Avengers guys.

BANNED

X-men Legends 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    X-Men Legends II was 10 years ago. Odds are that X-Men Legends III was not ever going to happen, X-Men embargo or not.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    If there was a new Ultimate Alliance game coming, it wouldn't be from Telltale Games.

As for the character question. I think they could very easily do it without X-Men and Fantastic Four characters, it would be less interesting, but they could just do it with Avengers guys.
    ((
    Wouldnt feel like a sequel. Lets see all four F4 members are in both games. Wolverine,cyclops,iceman,storm,nightcrawler,coloss us,cable,gambit,sabertooth,magneto,juggernaut,and Phoenix. You also have deadpool,silver surfer and doom that fox holds rights too. I mean they might as well change that name and make it a new game. Honestly id prefer it be more like arkham games in style. If the charatcer jumpin works in arkham knight then marvel can do it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'll reiterate my hope of seeing an Arkham-Style Wolverine franchise taking place in Madripoor, Tokyo, and some Canadian metropolis or maybe Genosha. And for some reason, I think classic Jubilee could be a really good protagonist for an InFamous style game.

And of course, another vote for X-Men Legends 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    ((
    Wouldnt feel like a sequel. Lets see all four F4 members are in both games. Wolverine,cyclops,iceman,storm,nightcrawler,coloss us,cable,gambit,sabertooth,magneto,juggernaut,and Phoenix. You also have deadpool,silver surfer and doom that fox holds rights too. I mean they might as well change that name and make it a new game. Honestly id prefer it be more like arkham games in style. If the charatcer jumpin works in arkham knight then marvel can do it.
    I can't think of anything worse than a Ultimate Alliance game that plays like a Arkham game. Worse as far as Ultimate Alliance goes anyways, I'm sure testicular cancer is worse.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

YES! I've been hoping for a new X-Men game for years.

A fighter like Marvel vs. Capcom or X-Men: Next Dimension... an updated RPG like X-Men Legends 1... or something more Free Roaming would be nice.

I'd have as a base team:
    Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Jean
    Nightcrawler
    Iceman
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Jubilee
    Beast
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Kitty Pryde

Unlockables:
    Emma Frost
    X-23
    Archangel/Angel
    Banshee
    Monet
    Chamber
    Pixie
    Dazzler

I can't think of anything worse than a Ultimate Alliance game that plays like a Arkham game. Worse as far as Ultimate Alliance goes anyways, I'm sure testicular cancer is worse.

Well the arkham games excluding origins(not made by rocksteady) are some of the most popular and well reviewed games of all time. And the most.acclaimed comic games off all time without doubt.If ultimate alliance had a more zoomed in camera angle it could show off more detail. You dont personaly like either games thats fine not something i can argue. But alot of people want rocksteady to make arkham overall quality game with other heros. It would definetly be a DC character if they did, Superman probaly. Doesnt mean another studio cant do something similar for marvel. Like reinvent UA or make an xmen game. Alot of brawlers Especialy superheros try to copy arkham anyway with little sucess. Usually because they are movie games, the amazing spiderman games, and captain america us arkham mechanics just do it poorly. As movie games usually do.

All in all origins of wolverine was a better game then movie. Nothing special but fun. Anyone wanna see another game like that untied to a horrible movie plot?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-20-2015 at 03:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well the arkham games excluding origins(not made by rocksteady) are some of the most popular and well reviewed games of all time. And the most.acclaimed comic games off all time without doubt.If ultimate alliance had a more zoomed in camera angle it could show off more detail. You dont personaly like either games thats fine not something i can argue. But alot of people want rocksteady to make arkham overall quality game with other heros. It would definetly be a DC character if they did, Superman probaly. Doesnt mean another studio cant do something similar for marvel. Like reinvent UA or make an xmen game. Alot of brawlers Especialy superheros try to copy arkham anyway with little sucess. Usually because they are movie games, the amazing spiderman games, and captain america us arkham mechanics just do it poorly. As movie games usually do.

All in all origins of wolverine was a better game then movie. Nothing special but fun. Anyone wanna see another game like that untied to a horrible movie plot?
    I like the games, (the first more than the second) but that style of gameplay would be horrible in a Ultimate Alliance type game. Yeah, you could move the camera in more, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

I like the games, (the first more than the second) but that style of gameplay would be horrible in a Ultimate Alliance type game. Yeah, you could move the camera in more, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

Only person ive heard say they liked asylum better then arkham city. I just wanna see the brutalness that comes from the counters and takedowns applied to marvel characters. Just my preference, not saying it would work. Also wish UA had less linear level and some missions. Like most games do nowadays not just batman. Guess im just not a fan of the over simplified bralwing mechanics of UA. Batman is simple just not as much. Also id love to do some stealth scenarios from arkham games with Black Panther or Wolverine. Could be interesting but thats something completely different