Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Justice League: Gods & Monsters Exclusive Trailer Debut

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/..._medium=social
    Journey to a divergent reality where the Justice League protects the planet — but answers to no one but themselves. Employing methods of intimidation and fear, this Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman deal brute force in the name of justice. In this alternate universe, Superman was not raised by the Kents in Smallville, the Caped Crusader is not Bruce Wayne, and Wonder Woman is not an Amazon warrior of Themyscira. When a group of famed scientists experience untimely “accidents,” a government task force follows the trail of clues to the Justice League -- but is there a more powerful player operating from the shadows? It’s a high stakes game of intrigue, mystery and action that asks the question: How do you serve justice to those above the law?"
    Tamara Taylor (Bones, Serenity) as Wonder Woman

that dude in the end might be Steve trevor?

Looks fantastic. Turn on the hype machine.

BANNED

Bruce Timm finally allows a tiny little bit of the Superman/Wonder Woman 50+ years of history to filter into one of his cartoons.

And it's Zoderman and Wonder Bekka.

The - Muppet - Fluffer.

I have to tip my hat. What a magnificent troll.

Last edited by dumbduck; 04-15-2015 at 02:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Bruce Timm finally allows a tiny little bit of the Superman/Wonder Woman 50+ years of history to filter into one of his cartoons

:|
    lol that was funny. because I saw zero smww on the trailer

Bruce Timm finally allows a tiny little bit of the Superman/Wonder Woman 50+ years of history to filter into one of his cartoons.

The - Muppet - Fluffer.

:|
    It's not even the same characters and the usual sm/ww detractors online still grumbling and concerned about clark/diana. Hilarious really.

But are they going to be like antiheroes of this piece? It's interesting from that standpoint to see how Timm develops them. They are like analogues of say the Justice Lords but might just be still considered as the saviours of the world.

I think what Dumbduck is implying is that there's something to the line "He's not my boyfriend." That could be reading too much into it. On the other hand, in the Sneak Peek, she did say to alternate Superman, "You just got less sexy," meaning she might've found him at least a little sexy. Who knows? Of course, it's only implied in the video that they're talking about alternate Superman. For all we know, she's talking about alternate Batman.

But instead of letting this turn into ANOTHER shipper war thread, let's talk about the movie's potential.

A little annoying how Superman and Batman get reflections of their own mythos, but Wonder Woman gets tied to the New Gods instead of being someone from the actual Wonder Woman comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    A little annoying how Superman and Batman get reflections of their own mythos, but Wonder Woman gets tied to the New Gods instead of being someone from the actual Wonder Woman comics.
    well WW mythos isn't so rich like batman and superman...maybe Barbara minerva or artemis would do.
    new 52 WW has some ties to new gods

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

The fact that Timm is back may make me curious, but from where it looks now this is just another dark alternate history story, and that theme is very stale at this point.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    well WW mythos isn't so rich like batman and superman...maybe Barbara minerva or artemis would do.
    There has been links to them since at least Byrne's run, if not earlier. The Gods of Earth are part of the same family of new Gods
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think what Dumbduck is implying is that there's something to the line "He's not my boyfriend." That could be reading too much into it. On the other hand, in the Sneak Peek, she did say to alternate Superman, "You just got less sexy," meaning she might've found him at least a little sexy. Who knows? Of course, it's only implied in the video that they're talking about alternate Superman. For all we know, she's talking about alternate Batman.

But instead of letting this turn into ANOTHER shipper war thread, let's talk about the movie's potential.
    Sorry for that. I loved Batman TAS. Loved the style. Loved the semi-noir vibe. Loved that almost every woman was a femme fatale (sorry if it offends feminists... oh well, it's Batman, always a free pass). Didn't like Joker/Harley, creepy as hell. Loved the backhanded adult jokes. JLA/JLU. Great universe. Great characterizations. Warner just didn't like Superman.

Fantastic Member

The - Muppet - Fluffer.

I thought that this Wonder Woman was married to Orion

Let's keep the shipping wars outta this, please. Plenty of 'em elsewhere.

That being said, why do Clark and Bruce look like Clark and Bruce, but Diana has had a change of hair color?
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Artemis, Nubia, Fury. A whole island of Amazons. Even one of her patron goddesses come down to Earth.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Let's keep the shipping wars outta this, please. Plenty of 'em elsewhere.

That being said, why do Clark and Bruce look like Clark and Bruce, but Diana has had a change of hair color?
    ....Clark and Bruce don't look like Clark and Bruce. Heck, Clark and Bruce are not Clark and Bruce. "Clark" is the son of Zod and "Bruce" is Kirk Langstrom, aka, Manbat.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.