Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thor #8

This is it! The answer you've all been waiting for! The identity of Thor, Goddess of Thunder, finally revealed! Who is this mysterious heroine with the might of Mjolnir in her hands? The question will finally be answered this May in the blockbuster THOR #8 - from the critically acclaimed creative team of Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman! As the final battle with the Destroyer reaches its climax, Thor and Odinson call in a little backup. Amid the fire and the fury of battle, questions will be answered. A surprising return! Guest stars galore! And a last page that will send shockwaves through the Marvel Universe! Don't miss the comic that will have the world talking when THOR #8 comes to comic shops and digital devices this May!

Full preview here.

Those pages look so good. This is the best Scarlet Witch has looked in years, IMO

Wow. Dauterman has really outdone himself here.

Astonishing Member

yes indeed

Yup, that cover looks incredible.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Where is Loki!?!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Where is Loki!?!

he is lady thor
    but I think I know who she is now guys..

Powered By Gravity

I bet it's She-Hulk under that mask.

All-New Member

Y'all don't think it was who was hinted at today in #7? Or a trick to throw us off?

I don't think it was a trick, there's just way too much evidence pointing at Roz right now, but *technically* her identity as the new Thor wasn't revealed in today's issue, it was possible all that flashback stuff with Roz going after Dario and ending up on the moon next to Mjolnir was all unrelated, but.... it seems like a stretch at this point. So I guess next month's is the 'official' reveal.

Anyway, the art looks great

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yup, that's one damn battle scene there! Beautiful.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I don't think it was a trick, there's just way too much evidence pointing at Roz right now, but *technically* her identity as the new Thor wasn't revealed in today's issue, it was possible all that flashback stuff with Roz going after Dario and ending up on the moon next to Mjolnir was all unrelated, but.... it seems like a stretch at this point. So I guess next month's is the 'official' reveal.

Anyway, the art looks great
    Yeah a lot of buildup for a red herring. I think now its just letting Odinson and Frigga et al. in on it next issue. Well then, good enough. Here's to newly worthy Odinson surviving into secret wars lol

I'm thinking what we saw with Roz is one final red herring. Most likely, in the next issue, we'll find Roz is within the vicinity, using the battle between Thor and the Destroyer as a distraction for whatever she's doing to sabotage Roxxon.

I've always leaned towards it being Jane Foster. According to what old future Thor said, it's implied female Thor's story ends in tragedy. Jane is suffering from cancer, and while she refuses to use magic to cure herself, she understands the world needs a Thor. With the hammer, she can use her remaining time alive to go out a hero before the cancer takes her.

BANNED

This is going to be insanely fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I've always leaned towards it being Jane Foster. According to what old future Thor said, it's implied female Thor's story ends in tragedy. Jane is suffering from cancer, and while she refuses to use magic to cure herself, she understands the world needs a Thor. With the hammer, she can use her remaining time alive to go out a hero before the cancer takes her.
    Same here. In an earlier issue, Thor is talking to herself about being... well, Thor, then starts a line like "Not to mention what it's doing to my..." then it cuts away. Next we see Jane Foster who's health is now declining, which until recently was getting better. I think being Thor is taking it's toll on her body.