Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

You chose a panel where her face is in shadow, she is in a dark submarine. But look, right in that panel, you can see she has BLUE EYES. It is not impossible for a person of colour to have blue eyes if they are of mixed race in particular, but it is not very common at all. but anyway, I can play the image game too. From 3 separate artists.

^^this one has the same complexion as Freyja

I am sorry if you thought she was a POC and that was part of the appeal for you, but I am just not seeing it, she is white. And it's one of the rare times that's a good thing, because yeah, changing her race when she became Thor would be pretty tasteless. But as it stands from what I see, only her hair has changed colour.

If you didn't want everyone to know who you were, blond would totally be the way to go. No?

BANNED

Blonds have all the fun!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    You chose a panel where her face is in shadow, she is in a dark submarine. But look, right in that panel, you can see she has BLUE EYES. It is not impossible for a person of colour to have blue eyes if they are of mixed race in particular, but it is not very common at all. but anyway, I can play the image game too. From 3 separate artists.

I am sorry if you thought she was a POC and that was part of the appeal for you, but I am just not seeing it, she is white. And it's one of the rare times that's a good thing, because yeah, changing her race when she became Thor would be pretty tasteless. But as it stands from what I see, only her hair has changed colour.

Just to clarify, Mixed Race individuals can definitely have blue eye children depending upon how much of the recessive gene is located within the individual. For example, see as according to studies, most black people are at the most 70-75% black in America, it's somewhat common for bi-racial children between blue or green eye parent and a black person to have blue eye baby, depending upon the lineage of the black person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Didn't Spider-Woman quit the Avengers?
    She did, it's just this seems to take place in the first few days or weeks immediately after Original Sin, while Jess' own ongoing is set a month or two after Spider-Verse.
    Last edited by Ronin0985; 04-16-2015 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin0985 View Post
    She did, it's just this seems to take place in the first few days or weeks immediately after Original Sin, while Jess' own ongoing is set a couple of month's after Spider-Verse.
    Except she is wearing her new costume. Anyways I dont think that just cause she quit the avengers, she cant help out Thor if he asks.

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    Except she is wearing her new costume. Anyways I dont think that just cause she quit the avengers, she cant help out Thor if he asks.
    Crap you're right, she was so far back in #7 and her costume looks close enough to old one that I thought she was still wearing it. Still like others have said the group is made up of Odinson's list of possibles and isn't specific to the Avengers.

she doesn't look white in any of the images you have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Maybe you could save these whitewashing concerns until we actually know who Thor is.

I would put my money on Jane right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    It seems like this is what you would say even if Rosalind was wearing a pin that said "obviously a "white" lady, folks".

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

NuThor's lipstick looks like Roz's hair color.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda must have used her hex powers to blunt that energy blast in the last page of the preview - otherwise we would just be seeing her legs as all that was left of her

That was her getting taken down next to Karnilla, I believe.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    When did Jane meet Dario Agger though?

And why is the new Thor going after Roxxon all the time if she is Jane? Would seem quite the stretch.

And why have old King Thor mention Roz as well? She really hasn't done much to merit such unless she is new Thor, not until now at least.

I guess one option to include both Jane and Roz in this story would be to have a Firestorm setup, they are both Thor. Would explain the hair color too!
    I think they might have met when Roxxon took over the town. Considering Jane was living there when it was turned into a cesspit, that would be enough to make her war with Roxxon personal.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

You know, maybe its just the different lighting and colouring artists, but Roz's eyes do seem to waver between blue and green/grey, so here's a crazy theory...

What if Roz has an identical twin that no one knows about and that's why both Thor and Roz's car are at the Roxxon base? :O :O :O

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I think they might have met when Roxxon took over the town. Considering Jane was living there when it was turned into a cesspit, that would be enough to make her war with Roxxon personal.
    That's true, they do have a connection even if they never met on-panel. As we saw at least.

A minor stretch perhaps, but enough I feel to remove the last barrier for Jane being Thor!