Amazing Member

Default Hickman's Fantastic Four

Hey, just a quick question about Hickman's run on the Fantastic Four. I know that he added little hints as to the events of the ongoing/upcoming Time Runs Out and Secret Wars events, but myself having not read, nor being in possession of any of the issues, have no idea what issues these hints are in. Many thanks in advance!

PS: If you know any references from any of his other series (Obviously not New Avengers, Avengers, Avengers World, Infinity or Secret Wars)

Once again, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine7230 View Post
    Hey, just a quick question about Hickman's run on the Fantastic Four. I know that he added little hints as to the events of the ongoing/upcoming Time Runs Out and Secret Wars events, but myself having not read, nor being in possession of any of the issues, have no idea what issues these hints are in. Many thanks in advance!

PS: If you know any references from any of his other series (Obviously not New Avengers, Avengers, Avengers World, Infinity or Secret Wars)

Once again, thanks!
    The "easter eggs" are more for Secret Wars, so its hard to say what issues to go back and read. I can tell you some concepts that may play an important role in the future, but hard to know right now.
    -Council of Reeds: there was a pocket reality where the Council of Reeds met. DoomReed (an alternate Reed from a Hitler-controlled reality who grafted half of Doom's brain to his own) obtained his reality's infinity gauntlet and basically destroyed his universe. This empty universe then became recreated by 616 Doom after seemingly being destroyed by mad celestials
    -616 Doom got overthrown in his created universe and was rescued by Reed and co. Future Val stayed behind in the pocket reality where the Council of Reeds existed and said, "here I can build."
    -Future Franklin, Future Val, and Reed's dad work together to help 616 Reed and Doom defeat the mad celestials, who had reached our reality.
    -Johnny dies and is resurrected many times. He holds the cosmic control rod for a time.

That's all I've got. Note that F4 #611 is in the secret wars prelude

Amazing Member

OK thanks, I think what I shall have to do is read Hickman's entire FF Run and see which issues really stand out as a Secret Wars prelude. Thanks anyway!

Its a great run. Totally worth it

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree and Hickman's run in my ranking is the third best behind Lee/Kirby and John Byrne. Some may disagree and put Simonson up there but I just think Hickman created this sweeping saga that was both cosmic and family based, with the emphasis on the father/son relationships. I loved the addition of the Future Foundation.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Personally, I think the current run is as good as Hickman's.