Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
Kara and some of the others went there for a baby shower and weren't aware of any disturbance.
Weren't aware, or it's just not mentioned?

He opted to spend 'a moment' with Lois over actually doing something. He took the time to watch the sun rise with her. How much more time are you suggesting he needed?
Who's to say what he would've done if it weren't for the dome falling down?

Precisely because he's been in it for a year and because he would have known (whether independently through his (and Lois') own investigations or via Batman) that there were other inert-powered folk in the city (since the goons knew, Clark would know) and who they were. Since his powers suddenly returned he should have checked on others, especially those he would know to be potential threats.

This isn't a normal situation. He wouldn't even have to leave the city to know they were no longer on Earth. The stakes are quite different and securing things in the city should have been the first priority.
We know that there were super-powered threats inside the city?

It's possible he could've known without leaving the city, but even if he had, would that information really have kept him in the city? I think regardless of how he determines he's not on Earth, he's going to go see what this place is like. It would've been a good idea to coordinate that with Wally, who does the same, but even so.

As I pointed out in my initial comment, the way the issue was written was such that it seemed Gotham had been okay, overall, and only this recent dodgy-drug thing had been a cause for concern. The other issues tied to this earth have established that that was definitely not the case. This was where some decent expositional dialogue was sorely needed.
I dunno. The other ones I read didn't seem to suggest things were bad in Gotham. Some went a little stir-crazy because of the dome, and there are some food shortages, and there's still the occasional crime (super or otherwise), but it's not a bad place to be. "Okay" seems like a good description. I do agree that this could've been better explained, though.

The only issue (from what I recall) where any problem in Gotham was highlighted prior to the abduction was the Flash issue. None of the others mentioned a temporal storm or anything
I'm suggesting that the problem was Flashpoint--an event actually happening in the past, beyond Superman's perception. The change in history is what ultimately causes this reality to cease to exist, so it must also be the reason Brainiac stole this city. We saw in Convergence proper that the Earth-2 heroes just sort of appeared on the planet, essentially blindsided. It's likely the same thing happened to this city.

Conclusions we can come to through what we know outside the issue, but seemingly something Clark never took the time to look into over the year...
We don't really know what conclusions he made. I see no reason he wouldn't have assumed the dome was responsible. It's the conclusion everyone else reaches, including scientists.

Again, the way the issue was written suggests that he was not an active vigilante until this happenstance-night. Contextually, it doesn't work. Besides, he's a regular human wearing multiple-layers of clothing (plus a mask) while running over rooftops - the Bat-Crew usually have heat regulators in their suits, regular humans would be getting hot very quickly.
Unless the Superman suit naturally regulates his heat.