Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
I found this on tumblr. TL;DR: A MoS fan defending the film from Marvel fans who decided to trash it in favor of the Avengers. Absolutely wonderful.

http://amouria.tumblr.com/post/10801...yish-ellidfics

You can read the whole response in that link but here is the response to the trashing:
While I can agree with some of the points put forward (removed for clarity (I hope) (however, he wasn't 'elementary-aged when he saved the bus. There was a time-jump), others not so much:

2- When the planet is threatened, Clark hands himself over TO US. He’s already got flight, so he could easily just fly up into the atmosphere and try and deal with Zod or hell punch a hole in the ship and get the element of surprise, he’s certainly capable of breaching their ships hulls. But he doesn’t, he surrenders himself to humanity so that humanity gets the credit for handing him over, to protect the planet, to give US the choice about how best to save ourselves because he’s not a messiah or savior, he’s just one of us who can do more than most. If Lois hadn’t saved him, that would have meant GIVING HIS LIFE to protect the planet.
While I understand and appreciate the surrender it completely ignores the fact that he had another resource: the Jor-El conscience on the scout ship. That should have been his first port of call. Jor specifically told him about Zod and his attempted coup.

3- When the fight in Smallville begins, he instructs citizens to go back inside, he stops fights he’s losing in order to catch falling soliders in mid-air, he throws down with not one but two opponents who clearly outmatch him in terms of skill, and everything is actually not too bad until the military shows up and blows up the block. If you’re paying any attention to Cavill’s performance, you’ll notice that Clark is ALWAYS aware of bystanders. His ability to do anything about it when he’s being used as a projectile is obviously limited.
Ignores key things:

Clark took the fight into Smallville in the first place.

Clark ploughed them through the gas station, where there were innocent occupants.

Clark didn't take the fight out of Smallville straight away. He snarked/lectured (advised) Zod (and left himself open to attack). Granted, he's (supposedly) not tactically aware. (Yes, he tries to (repeatedly) take the fight away during the battle with Faora and Namek, but it should have happened much sooner, in my opinion)

Yes, the movie would have been quite different if he had gone to Jor in the first place...but it doesn't make any sense that he didn't. He took the time to speak to a priest but not to see the one thing that could have actually given him a heads up on what he could/couldn't/should/shouldn't do with regards to the Kryptonian threat.

Oh well.