Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Original Sin #2 Spoilers

I’m not sure if this issue is good or just middle of the road. This is a quintessential “table setting” or “moving pieces into place”issue, as it functions largely to set up events that are likely going to be more exciting or meaningful in the upcoming issues. That said, things flow nicely from the last issue. We get to sit in on some of the team ups and their investigations, but scant details are delivered beyond very small pieces. Certainly nobody is going to solve this mystery by the end of issue #2. I wrote a full review with pictures here.

We open with Emma Frost, Ant Man and Black Panther at the center of the Earth. We also cut to Dr. Strange and Punisher who are in some alternate dimension. The character dynamics are on display though, although there aren’t quite as many cute and or interesting flourishes in this issue as the last. spoilers:
    We do find out a giant green bullet took out a monster in this dimension Dr. Strange is in.
    end of spoilers

When we do cut to the villains most of their time is spent giving us scant details on what exactly they’re doing. The biggest reveal, which I think everyone on these boards knew already is that the bad guys are spoilers:
    The Orb and Exterminatrix
    end of spoilers. They’re speaking crypticallythough, which is odd because they are alone, but it’s done obviously to keep the mystery under wraps. There’s not a lot of answers, but then again, we do get some key info on the stolen eye. spoilers:
    It appears to hold all the information ever on Earth. The Orb reveals it's a bomb. Now...if it's a bomb filled with the truth doesn't this scream of House of M material?
    end of spoilers We’ll see how it unfolds next issue.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 05-21-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: It's not the Thing, some guy who looks like him
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

That wasn't who you think it was, it was actually a villain who looks a lot like that hero, if you look at the spread page scene that hero is in the crowd facing the villains.

I thought this was good, although I knew not much would happen given this event is 8 issues long and were only on issue 2. I do like the mystery of the secondary teams and what they are up to, I especially like their interactions as they are investigating . I also enjoy some of the humor that Aaron managed to throw in, such as Iron man not wearing pants. I can't wait to see what happens next issue involving the eye.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-21-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That wasn't who you think it was, it was actually a villain who looks a lot like that hero, if you look at the spread page scene that hero is in the crowd facing the villains.

I thought this was good, although I knew not much would happen given this event is 8 issues long and were only on issue 2. I do like the mystery of the secondary teams and what they are up to, I especially like their interactions as they are investigating . I also enjoy some of the humor that Aaron managed to throw in, such as Iron man not wearing pants. I can't wait to see what happens next issue involving the eye.
    Omg you are totally right! Wow...where is this villain from/name/etc?

I'm with you on this mostly being just a place holder issue to just set up the pieces. It just feels like Aaron is putting things in place and while things happen, we cut away to another scene before anything can really sink in. I mean it's not like prior events where it feels like nothing happens until the end.

Still a lot more questions than answers with the real villian not revealed yet.

I do agree that the character dynamics for the teams were kind of flat this issue compared to the last one.

BANNED

Well, this would explain spoilers:
    the upcoming Fantastic Four storyline of Ben Grimm being a murder
    end of spoilers

It's not the Thing, you guys, it's spoilers:
    Dr. Midas.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Dr. Midas.
    end of spoilers
    Oh wow! Aaron pulling out a near forgotten character then.

Dr. Midas.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks! So silly, I thought for sure it was The Thing.

BANNED

Dr. Midas.
    end of spoilers
    Who ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Who ???
    More info here: http://marvel.wikia.com/Doctor_Midas_(Earth-616)