Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

This has to be the most underwhelming Marvel event to date and thats saying something. Two issues in and still nothing of consequence except the return of a bunch of villains most of us have never seen or long forgotten. Yawn! By the end of a second issue you would think maybe at least a few "sins" would have been revealed but its still all just filler.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    This has to be the most underwhelming Marvel event to date and thats saying something. Two issues in and still nothing of consequence except the return of a bunch of villains most of us have never seen or long forgotten. Yawn! By the end of a second issue you would think maybe at least a few "sins" would have been revealed but its still all just filler.
    I think all the sins will be revealed in the tie ins, the event's main plot is the murder mystery.

BANNED

"Filler" is a term that should be retired because whenever fans throw it out as a criticism it never applies. If Watchman was released today I'm sure fans would be crying two issues in that "nothing happened". As for OS, I'm digging it and it doesn't seem to rolling out slowly at all. By the end of #2 the heroes have already teamed up to corner and catch their first suspect. That hardly qualifies as dawdleling.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 05-21-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    There seems to be some relaxing of that right now going on in Uncanny.
    even so, the x-men wouldn't help them with something like this. it reeks of bad writing. they are wanted fugitives, they wouldn't just help out captain america, a man who has been looking for them

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    "Filler" is a term that should be retired because whenever fans throw it out as a criticism it never applies. If Watchman was released today I'm sure fans would be crying two issues in that "nothing happened". As for OS, I'm digging it and it doesn't seem to rolling out slowly at all. By the end of #2 the heroes have already teamed up to corner and catch their first suspect. That hardly qualifies as dawdleling.
    God. What is this stupid pirate story? It's stupid filler! I want more Rorshach!

Ultimate Member

I like the smaller feel of this story but the art is a bit too muddy in some places for me.

The description of the Orb at the end was priceless though.

You must be a new reader, because Marvel has had quite a few underwhelming events in recent years. In this age of decompression, event issues move at a glacial pace. I'm glad Marvel is at least releasing 2 issues a month with their events like with this one and last year's Infinity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    You must be a new reader, because Marvel has had quite a few underwhelming events in recent years. In this age of decompression, event issues move at a glacial pace. I'm glad Marvel is at least releasing 2 issues a month with their events like with this one and last year's Infinity.
    The fact that I said "and thats saying something" doesn't kind of clue you in that I'm not a new reader. By the end of the second issue of House of M we were in alt-verse land which was huge. By the end of the second issue of Civil War we had Spidey unmasking which was huge. After that is when things started getting underwhelming. By the 143rd issue of Secret Invasion (or at least it felt that long) the heroes were still in the Savage Land. I'm not sure anything happened in World War Hulk. Crap Itself or whatever it was called was just basically an extended advertisement for all the tie ins (which is what Original Sin is starting to feel like). AvX at least had the Avengers and X-men fighting. Age of Ultron was a bloated mess but least being an alt-verse we had significant people dying. Note that I'm not mentioning Annihilation or Thanos Imperative as those IMO are the two best Marvel events of the last ten years. Point is that we had Watcher dying and then everyone running around battling Nameless Ones and other Z list villains. I expected better and am debating dropping and this and finishing it via trade wait someday at a reduced price.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 05-22-2014 at 07:23 AM.

BANNED

It looks like a lot of them are background characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    I think all the sins will be revealed in the tie ins, the event's main plot is the murder mystery.
    Which I'm glad about, I don't want this interesting murder mystery story to be downgraded by all of the heroes secrets, I'm glad to read them in the characters main series but in a main series not so much.

Is it my imagination or does quite a bit of this artwork look like someone has drawn over a Poser image. Especially Emma Frost but she isnt the only one.

Eh, I hope this series picks up soon. It's a really neat idea, but it seems to be moving at a snail's pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Miracles View Post
    Eh, I hope this series picks up soon. It's a really neat idea, but it seems to be moving at a snail's pace.
    I suspect that's why it's biweekly. Imagine it monthly! Nobody would care!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Yeah, I'm okay with a book moving a bit on the slow side if it's bi-weekly. That along with the reveals (which I assume mostly occur in the tie-ins) should give people plenty of food for thought. The Avengers Original sin alone is giving us a lot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    This is the biggest thing helping it but even then the pace could improve a bit.

Just think if Age of Ultron had been monthly!