Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Original Sin #2 Spoilers

I’m not sure if this issue is good or just middle of the road. This is a quintessential “table setting” or “moving pieces into place”issue, as it functions largely to set up events that are likely going to be more exciting or meaningful in the upcoming issues. That said, things flow nicely from the last issue. We get to sit in on some of the team ups and their investigations, but scant details are delivered beyond very small pieces. Certainly nobody is going to solve this mystery by the end of issue #2. I wrote a full review with pictures here.

We open with Emma Frost, Ant Man and Black Panther at the center of the Earth. We also cut to Dr. Strange and Punisher who are in some alternate dimension. The character dynamics are on display though, although there aren’t quite as many cute and or interesting flourishes in this issue as the last. spoilers:
    We do find out a giant green bullet took out a monster in this dimension Dr. Strange is in.
    end of spoilers

When we do cut to the villains most of their time is spent giving us scant details on what exactly they’re doing. The biggest reveal, which I think everyone on these boards knew already is that the bad guys are spoilers:
    The Orb and Exterminatrix
    end of spoilers. They’re speaking crypticallythough, which is odd because they are alone, but it’s done obviously to keep the mystery under wraps. There’s not a lot of answers, but then again, we do get some key info on the stolen eye. spoilers:
    It appears to hold all the information ever on Earth. The Orb reveals it's a bomb. Now...if it's a bomb filled with the truth doesn't this scream of House of M material?
    end of spoilers We’ll see how it unfolds next issue.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 05-21-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: It's not the Thing, some guy who looks like him
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.