Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 85 of 85
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member UltimateTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    Any thoughts on who the big bad guy is yet? Or who is the "mysterious boss" is? What about Fury's brother?
    I think it might be Pym.
    We need better comics

  2. #77
    Fantastic Member strathcona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    449

    Default

    I'm surprised that I am actually liking this. The last big event of Marvel's that I thought was OK after issue one was WWH. I don't quite understand why such a large and diverse group of heroes were needed to track the Mindless Ones and take down Oubliette... but I am willing to give it a pass. So far, this event has surpassed my expectations (but that's not saying much).

  3. #78
    Rookie Member Danny Wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I always thought that the Orb used a helmet that LOOKED like an eyeball, but maybe it's just semantics.

    My go-to resource is the Marvel Appendix...
    Here's Dr Midas: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/midasdrmb.htm
    Exterminatrix: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/exterminatrixmb.htm
    Orb: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/orbshannon.htm
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

  4. #79
    Rookie Member Danny Wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    "Z-list villain with an eyeball for a head."

    "Who just changed the world."

    That's like, one of the best character descriptions I've seen in a while. Also, I'm really liking the poor Mindless Ones. They're sympathetic shmucks.
    Actually, I'm beginning to hate captions like these. They're too self-referential for my tastes, and takes me "out" of the fiction I'm reading. I really hate it when the writer also tries to put somehting "funny" in said captions. (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Secret Avengers.)
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Wall View Post
    I always thought that the Orb used a helmet that LOOKED like an eyeball, but maybe it's just semantics.

    My go-to resource is the Marvel Appendix...
    Here's Dr Midas: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/midasdrmb.htm
    Exterminatrix: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/exterminatrixmb.htm
    Orb: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/orbshannon.htm
    There are two orbs, one who has a helmet that looks like an eyeball and who is dead, and currently the one in this event is the one who's head is actually a giant eye. Jason Aaron created this new one in his Ghost Rider run.

  6. #81
    Fantastic Member strathcona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Wall View Post
    Actually, I'm beginning to hate captions like these. They're too self-referential for my tastes, and takes me "out" of the fiction I'm reading. I really hate it when the writer also tries to put somehting "funny" in said captions. (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Secret Avengers.)
    Completely agree. I don't mind if there is a caption to introduce the character and tell us their powers, but the 'funny' stuff almost always takes me out of the story.

  7. #82
    Rookie Member Danny Wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    There are two orbs, one who has a helmet that looks like an eyeball and who is dead, and currently the one in this event is the one who's head is actually a giant eye. Jason Aaron created this new one in his Ghost Rider run.
    OK I see. (pun sort of intended)
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/orb_grvi.htm
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

  8. #83
    Junior Member Mundungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I know Emma Frost is participating in a clandestine investigation not approved by the Avengers or government, but why is Kitty Pryde and Magik operating out in the open with other heroes when they're wanted for aiding and abetting a fugitive and working with a "terrorist" organization?

    I'm sure it was just Marvel saying, "screw it all people won't care in five years" but it would be nice for some consistency across the line. Black Panther even mentions Frost's fugitive status in the first issue.

  9. #84
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    i would care. Ant-Man's in it. he has sat out pretty much every big event post-Onslaught.
    Why do they describe Scott Lang as smart? Isn't that Hank Pyms schtick?

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Haha, this event is glorious. I love the fact I had to google Exterminatrix and the Orb. Such a nice change of pace, not just reusing the same old players again. I'm sure the big baddie will be someone a little more A-List but with Exterminatrix/Orb and the focus the likes of Fury and Punisher I'll enjoy it whilst I can.
    I wonder who would use Z-list baddies and the Mindless Ones? That's a curious combination. Are they trying to put everyone off his track, by using random lackeys?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •