Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Thor #7 Spoilers

Synopsis: The Battle For the Hammer

We open with Roz in a full action flashback, raiding Roxxon and uncovering details of their subterranean toxic waste dump. By Radio Colson informs her of the unworthiness of the then Thor and she flies to the blue area of the moon in search of him. We leave her looking thoughtfully at the hammer.

Then we cut to the present and Thor is fighting The Destroyer in the Roxxon oil fields. The destroyer takes the upper hand by taking hold of the hammer.

In a cut to Asgardia Odin is standing over the prone body of Cul who is clearly remotely piloting The Destroyer. Cul states he holds hammer and Odin points out it is not due to his worthiness but because he is using one weapon to lift another. Odin orders cul to bring him the hammer and Thor, while the fight continues.

Cut to Odinson searching for answers. Freyja transports to him via the rainbow bridge and asks for Odinson’s help to right one of Odin’s wrongs before it is too late. Odinson pledges his axe but Freyja needs an army. Odinson wields his list of Thor candidates in response.

Far above Thor’s melee, Malekith and Agger discuss the conclusion of their deal. Malekith magically speeds them through a whirlwind tour of the Ten Realms, describing their resources and enlists Agger’s help battling the Light Elves in Alfheim.

Meanwhile in the oil fields Thor causes the hammer to drag the destroyer through the installation, resulting in a huge explosion and the return of her hammer. The Destroyer marches out of the conflagration aflame causing the hammer itself to quake.

On the final page Odinson arrives via the rainbow bridge with a small army of female heroes in his wake including Freyja.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-16-2015 at 02:16 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

The preview thread is moving into spoiler territory so I have started this thead to discuss Issue 7.

Firstly I would love to nail down who is on that last page as my Asgard iconography recognition is letting me down on a few of them.

I can see Freyja, Brunhilda, Wanda Maximoff, Hildegarde, Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, Black Widow, Angela and Sif.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-16-2015 at 04:15 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The preview thread is moving into spoiler territory so I have started this thead to discuss Issue 7.

Firstly I would love to nail down who is on that last page as my Asgard iconography recognition is letting me down on a few of them.

I can see Freyja, Brunhilda, Wanda Maximoff, Hildegarde, Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, Roz Solomon, Angela and Sif.
    But Amora and Lorelei isn´t there for what I saw in the end of the issue, Lorelei´s case is known because of Loki: Agent of Asgard book, but Amora´s case I don´t understand why she´s missing (I doubt she´s the new Thor because clearly it looks like and everyone says it´s Roz Solomon). I said that because they were on Thor´s List of Suspects.

It was a good issue, not great but good.

I don't get who the Amora like magic user with the golden headress and brunette hair is.

Plus the only female green axe weilder I can think of is Queen Knorda, which seems wrong.

The indistinct girl behind the green waft of magic could be anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    But Amora and Lorelei isn´t there for what I saw in the end of the issue, Lorelei´s case is known because of Loki: Agent of Asgard book, but Amora´s case I don´t understand why she´s missing (I doubt she´s the new Thor because clearly it looks like and everyone says it´s Roz Solomon). I said that because they were on Thor´s List of Suspects.

It was a good issue, not great but good.
    How could it be Roz when Thor is standing right there?

There is a lot of magic there directed at Cul the Destroyer. You would think this would clash with the spell of the Destroyer?
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-16-2015 at 01:28 AM.

I don't get who the Amora like magic user with the golden headress and brunette hair is.

Plus the only female green axe weilder I can think of is Queen Knorda, which seems wrong.

The indistinct girl behind the green waft of magic could be anyone.
    No, the woman you are talking at first it´s Karnilla the Norn Queen, it´s just weird that Amora is totally missing on everything since Axis, it would be a huge twist if she finishes being that New Lady Thor when everyone is talking and thinks clearly it´s Roz.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

There is a lot of magic there directed at Cul the Destroyer. You would think this would clash with the spell of the Destroyer?
    It´s just doubtful, Destroyer´s spell is complex, well, next issue I suppose we will have things clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    No, the woman you are talking at first it´s Karnilla the Norn Queen.
    I was about to suggest Karnilla but I don't get why she would even be there, she always seemed like a villain. Has she been turned into a hero recently when I wasn't paying attention or is she more nuanced than I realise?

I guess the indistinct maiden is Kelda as she is in the right kind of dress and has that modest pose of hers.

I was about to suggest Karnilla but I don't get why she would even be there, she always seemed like a villain. Has she been turned into a hero recently when I wasn't paying attention or is she more nuanced than I realise?
    I don´t know, last time I see her was after Fear Itself, those Fraction´s Thor issues with a strange and new Thor or someone that pretended to be him that after, it was revealed to be Ulik by a Karnilla´s spell.

The more I look around for heroines of Asgard the more I am convinced that we have identified Karnilla and Kelda, not least because they were both on Odinson's list.

Still can't definitively identify the blonde, green armoured, axe wielder.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Actually regardless of Thor's identity it is Natasha Romanova, I just spotted her belt. I will edit my Synopsis.

As to identifying Roz as Thor I think we had our first hint that she is a red herring because I doubt she would drive to the Roxxon oil field if she was wielding Mjolnir. Which suggests Roz is somewhere at the scene but possibly isn't Thor.

I Know Roz is named after Rosalind 'Roz' Kirby but maybe the name was chosen to indicate the rosiness of the red-herring. Also come to think of it Solomon and salmon are from the same root so her name could be read as red fish.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-16-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I like the red herring theory.

Anyway, it's almost become too routine to mention, but there was some wonderful art again. That page with Agger and Malekith looking over the World Tree was glorious.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I like the red herring theory.

Anyway, it's almost become too routine to mention, but there was some wonderful art again. That page with Agger and Malekith looking over the World Tree was glorious.

I think Dauterman is rapidly moving into the big league. He has a knack for complex composition and his dynamic figures are wonderful. I wish there had been a little more effort with the colouring. The really complex scenes such as the Alfheim battle could have done with a little more depth and separation. The palette is pretty great though.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-16-2015 at 04:17 AM.