View Poll Results: Who would be the biggest ally?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain america

5 15.63%
  • Iron man

0 0%
  • Thor

0 0%
  • Captain marvel

4 12.50%
  • Scarlet witch

3 9.38%
  • She hulk

4 12.50%
  • Black panther

1 3.13%
  • Black widow

1 3.13%
  • Spider-woman

0 0%
  • Hawkeye

1 3.13%
  • Hulk

1 3.13%
  • Spider-man

2 6.25%
  • Someone else

4 12.50%
  • All of the equally

4 12.50%
  • None of them

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which of the avengers would be the biggest lgbtiq ally?

Which member would be the Jean of the team (I'm going to cop flack for that aren't I?)

I reckon Wanda would be the nicest. She was already super nice to Wiccan that one time even before she knew he was her son. Plus who is she to judge?

I reckon the other avengers would be ok with lgbtiq members but wanda would be the one who marches at pride every year as part of pflag while looking amazing.

Seriously? It's Janet for sure.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Beast. (Also applies for the Defenders, the X-Men, X-Factor, and the Champions even though he wasn't a member.)

Even if, sometimes, he makes a mess of it, he'd always be trying.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yeah this. No question. How is she not even in the poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Which of the avengers would be the biggest lgbtiq ally?
    Giant-Man or Stature

BANNED

Black Panther , ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Giant-Man or Stature
    I don't think Pym would care at all.

I feel like Jan is a given, being a fashion designer and beign super positive all the time and all. I don't think there is anyone that would be as supportive as Jan.

Yeah, it seems to me like it'd be Wanda or Jan. Jan especially—she always tried to keep the Avengers from being too white and male.

I don't think Pym would care at all.
    I don't think somebody read what I was responding to very carefully.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Which member would be the Jean of the team (I'm going to cop flack for that aren't I?)

I reckon Wanda would be the nicest. She was already super nice to Wiccan that one time even before she knew he was her son. Plus who is she to judge?

I reckon the other avengers would be ok with lgbtiq members but wanda would be the one who marches at pride every year as part of pflag while looking amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    Yeah, it seems to me like it'd be Wanda or Jan. Jan especially—she always tried to keep the Avengers from being too white and male.
    I Agree with Wanda Maximoff & when it comes her son Wiccian Loving him Completely!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Probably either Janet or Wanda in the top 2, with Captain America taking up #3. The man was an art student who grew up in a gay neighbourhood, he'd be cool with it.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

All of them.

I doubt Marvel would have any of them come out as 'phobic. Though hopefully one of them would speak out about the use of the Q word. It may be reclaimed in America, but it isn't really here in the UK, and for me, I wouldn't want people using it to decribe me even in the reclaimed sense. So, rant over, all of them is my answer.

Well, unless the Avengers let a Shi'ar join them, because Northstar's wedding showed me that they aren't so keen....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    All of them.

I doubt Marvel would have any of them come out as 'phobic. Though hopefully one of them would speak out about the use of the Q word. It may be reclaimed in America, but it isn't really here in the UK, and for me, I wouldn't want people using it to decribe me even in the reclaimed sense. So, rant over, all of them is my answer.

Well, unless the Avengers let a Shi'ar join them, because Northstar's wedding showed me that they aren't so keen....
    It's been a while since I've read those issues, but I thought her objection was more with marriage itself than gay marriage specifically.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm more curious if any of them are homophobic.

THIS!!! I voted for Captain Marvel; she's the best ally to the X-men (who have the most LGBT representation at Marvel). I'd say She-Hulk and probably Hawkeye would be (of that list) the best allies. But A LOT of those characters in the list don't strike me AT ALL as being allies. Does that make them homophobic, or even against homosexuality? Absolutely not. But an ally isn't just someone who thinks there's nothing wrong with being gay. Wasp, Hellcat, Firebird and Mockingbird are probably the best allies; but it's just a gut instinct.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-22-2015 at 02:38 PM.