Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Man, I have to respectfully disagree about the colouring. I think it's been bloody gorgeous and pretty much perfect. I see where you're coming from with the Alfheim battle, but I think Wilson has obviously made a deliberate choice to represent Alfheim using more pastel colours, which is why the separation is a little less obvious.

it is almost getting to the point it is hinting TOO much towards Roz....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Man, I have to respectfully disagree about the colouring. I think it's been bloody gorgeous and pretty much perfect. I see where you're coming from with the Alfheim battle, but I think Wilson has obviously made a deliberate choice to represent Alfheim using more pastel colours, which is why the separation is a little less obvious.
    All I can say is I had to stare at it for ages, go away and then come back again before I could make any sense of that composition. Indeed I have only now on my fourth visit to that page realised that the figure in the bottom left foreground is a tumbling backwards figure with a face.

I don't think the art makes it hard to understand, all the elements are there, they just don't get pulled out in the colour. All it would take would be another pass, mainly working on deepening the colours of the foreground or placing some of that into shadow. Maybe a little more rounding of the shades to give elements spatial position or less picking out of detail in gaps between the closer figures.

It is possible that there is just too much detail for the colourist to do his best job in the time period.

Of course the colouring is pretty wonderful except for these occasional moments. And as to the pastels, like I said, I love the palette.

Flicking back through the volume this is the first time we have had this much detail that has required a full range palette, every other time has been in reduced lighting or a coloured environment.

PS it occurs to me that this might be a digital problem. The places I find hardest to read involve bright magic which may not be as highly contrasted on a page. I am almost exclusively a digital reader these days.

PPS displayed it on my monitor and adjusted the gamma setting and all of a sudden the compostion came into focus. It probably is a digital problem, which is odd as the colour work appears to be digital.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-16-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it is almost getting to the point it is hinting TOO much towards Roz....
    Yes, I think there was some classic misdirection here, especially having Roz on a Roxxon base in the flash back and then having thor in a Roxxon facility in the present and both scenes having remote participants. Its a subtle mirroring of action that would make you unconciously see them as connected by location and motive.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

That's interesting because my experience was almost the complete opposite - the blue thing I got instantly but the rest, it was the smaller elves in the background (below the horizon) that took me a bit longer to decipher. I'm digital too, incidentally.

The the washed out effects around the magic does make things a little flatter and indistinct, which I suppose is a downside. It's obviously a lot harder to do the neon effect in a brightly lit environment, in much the same way neon and glow sticks don't exactly dazzle in the day time.

can anyone identify the issue this image of Idunn is in?

IdunnHelm-300x232.jpg

Because the helmet is very reminissent of the unidentified figure, and of course Idunn is on Odinson's list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes, I think there was some classic misdirection here, especially having Roz on a Roxxon base in the flash back and then having thor in a Roxxon facility in the present and both scenes having remote participants. Its a subtle mirroring of action that would make you unconciously see them as connected by location and motive.
    But who else knows Dario? It was revealed in #2 that whoever Thor is knows Dario. You could guess that Jane might know of him but Thor found out that Odinson was missing an arm before Jane did.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So NuThor is Roz?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    But who else knows Dario? It was revealed in #2 that whoever Thor is knows Dario. You could guess that Jane might know of him but Thor found out that Odinson was missing an arm before Jane did.
    Jane is still on my list regardless of odinson crossing her off.

I found that Image now, I knew I had it somewhere it was too familliar - its from Thor: For Asgard #4, which is of questionable continuity being a Marvel Knights title. I will flick through and see if she would wear this outfit. She seems to wear red with a green cloak so maybe.

I don't get who the Amora like magic user with the golden headress and brunette hair is.

Plus the only female green axe weilder I can think of is Queen Knorda, which seems wrong.

The indistinct girl behind the green waft of magic could be anyone.
    All right, so we already clarified that the one with the head piece is Karnilla and I'm betting on Idunn for the blonde with the axe - she looks a lot like her in Thor: For Asgard and it would make sense for it to be her I guess.

I guess the indistinct maiden is Kelda as she is in the right kind of dress and has that modest pose of hers.
    Isn't Kelda dead, though? Or did I miss her resurrection?

My theory is that it's actually Gaea, having all three of the All-Mother present. I know she's usually in green while this one is in white, but looks a lot like her the way Valerio Schitti drew her during his Journey Into Mystery run.

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked for Kelda's history... turn out she's not dead and it looks exactly like her, so yeah... it's Kelda.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 04-16-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    This post makes quite a persuasive argument for Thor being Jane.

http://janefoster.tumblr.com/post/11...lues-in-thor-7

It does not account for Thor knowing Dario from before though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post

I think it's true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post

Neither does it explain why Thor found out about Odinson losing his arm one or two issues before Jane did. I can't overlook these things, as tempting as it is to think that Aaron is making it too obvious that Roz is Thor. If she does turn out to be a red herring, it will have been one of the sloppiest executions of a mystery ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, just looked for Kelda's history... turn out she's not dead and it looks exactly like her, so yeah... it's Kelda.
    I love it when I am reading a post and composing a counter argument in my head and I get to the end of the post and it turns out I don't have to.

It is interesting that if all three of the All Mother are there that they seem to have dropped those almost space suit style costumes that they have been wearing recently. I hope that is the case because their high-tec look encourages those "Asgardians are not gods" arguments.

If it is Idunn (which I am now convinced it must be) the colourist has decided to change the costume around a bit, but I quite like the look. Even if Thor: For Asgard isn't in continuity the character designs were fantastic.

PS that also puts paid to one of my theories; that Idunn could be Thor. Of all the Asgardians she seemed the most likely, but let's face it the inner monologue doesn’t suggest Asgard.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-16-2015 at 03:42 PM.