Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I think that they'll most likely get a "big name" actress to play Hippolyta. That seems to be what CBM's do, cast relative unknowns in the main role, and then surround them with more high-profile actors. Given that Patty Jenkins is directing this, my first thought went to Charlize Theron. She's proven that she can play "queen" characters before. I still offer up Cate Blanchett as a possibility as well.

Extraordinary Member

Claudia Black.

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member

I always thought Wonder Woman's mother being blonde was just a visual aid to differentiate the two. Regarding fan service, omitting Lynda Carter would be criminal. Should she be Hippolyta? Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Angelina Jolie.

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Sure, A Jolie can play the queen if we need a psycho in real life and on screen!

Laura Prepon or maybe Alana de la Garza both with dark hair
    I remember Prepon in That's 70s Show and remember her acting as being very underwhelming. Has she gotten better since?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Claudia Black.

I'd rather her for Cheetah, but I wouldn't mind her as Hippolyta, either.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Team Charlize Theron all the way. Regarding Lynda, I heard a recent interview with her and her voice has changed, it's noticeably older. Why not give her grey hair, no glam makeup, in fact make her look older and give her a meaty role, something like Julia Kapatelis if she's in the DCCU. Or a senator? But yeah, I hope Lynda is somehow involved, if only as a consultant.

image.jpg
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Lynda Carter plain & simple. As Hippolyta she would be great especially if they mention her adventures in the JSA(oh wait they don't exist) during WWII but I doubt that anyone is going to use Lynda Carter as Hippolyta because that would make sense & they don't do that in DC.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Team Charlize Theron all the way. Regarding Lynda, I heard a recent interview with her and her voice has changed, it's noticeably older. Why not give her grey hair, no glam makeup, in fact make her look older and give her a meaty role, something like Julia Kapatelis if she's in the DCCU. Or a senator? But yeah, I hope Lynda is somehow involved, if only as a consultant.
    You want to make a naturally beautiful woman older?

Make her an amazon that has been off the island for awhile to explain her age (they age off the island maybe), or just give her a part that doesn't have to necessarily explain her age. We don't have to know that Gal is 30 or 300, right?

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    You want to make a naturally beautiful woman older?

Make her an amazon that has been off the island for awhile to explain her age (they age off the island maybe), or just give her a part that doesn't have to necessarily explain her age. We don't have to know that Gal is 30 or 300, right?
    Well, first, I want a blonde Hippolyta. I've always preferred that. And Theron got an Oscar under Patty Jenkins direction, so there's a chance she could be cast.

Second, sure. Why not make Lynda appear older with a well-written role and potentially great character, like Kapatellis? It'd be a chance for Lynda to prove her acting chops. But yeah, IF Lynda is Hippolyta, they do need her off the island for decades to explain why she aged.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post

That would be a nice way to honour her indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Well, first, I want a blonde Hippolyta. I've always preferred that. And Theron got an Oscar under Patty Jenkins direction, so there's a chance she could be cast.

Second, sure. Why not make Lynda appear older with a well-written role and potentially great character, like Kapatellis? It'd be a chance for Lynda to prove her acting chops. But yeah, IF Lynda is Hippolyta, they do need her off the island for decades to explain why she aged.
    I guess I am not understanding your idea of Lynda being made to be older. Is it because she looks better than many actresses that are 20-30 years younger than her? According to you, she speaks 'older' now, so not sure what the point is to make her look older.

BANNED

Lynda Carter as it's only the most fitting role for her in a Wonder Woman movie and a great easter egg for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I guess I am not understanding your idea of Lynda being made to be older. Is it because she looks better than many actresses that are 20-30 years younger than her? According to you, she speaks 'older' now, so not sure what the point is to make her look older.
    Actually I totally agree. Lynda is still one of the most beautiful women in the world. And btw, at one point she arguably was THE most beautiful. I love Lynda. I also think she has more acting depth than she was ever allowed to show. I would've been psyched to see her tackle a role like Farrah Fawcett did in The Burning Bed. So really, all I'm saying is maybe if she were given a meaty well-written role in WW, and if they didn't do all the glam hair and makeup, this might be Lynda's shot to stretch and prove her true abilities. Again, what gave me the idea was hearing a recent interview and Lynda's voice sounded older, and it got me to thinking what might happen if she played Kapatelis, with a short grey wig, etc. As for her playing Hippolyta, that seems too predictable. It's exactly what people would expect. So throw us a curve ball instead.

EDIT: here's the link with the soundcloud track of Lynda's voice in interview.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/14...e-female-voice
    Last edited by Top Carnivore; 05-06-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Fantastic Member

Lorena Bernal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    Lorena Bernal
    She looks like she has alot of Khloe Kardasian in the face.