Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    no frakking Love Triangle or Square or any such bs.
    Especially if it's with your own sister

thumbnail_31200.jpg
    "That was so wrong"

Wow. That. Was. Awesome.

I didn't think my 34 year old self would be able to be amped up for a new Star Wars film like my 18 year old self was so long ago, but I'm starting to get there.

And OMG Anakin/Luke's lightsaber is back!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I know. That was my reaction too.

I'm turning 43 next month...way too old to be making noises like that in public.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That makes three of us then. I didn't even know I was still capable of making a noise like that. An absolutely stunning teaser.

Han still has his iconic grin!
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

Why does Luke have a robotic hand? All of a sudden they lost the tech from previous movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Could be a plot point, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe he lost his old hand or the fake skin gets burned off. Who knows? Well, JJ does.
    Maybe a plot point but the hand has been a symbol for, "This is what you could become." So it would make sense to me that Luke wants to be reminded of the time he almost turned to the Dark Side.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Could be a plot point, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe he lost his old hand or the fake skin gets burned off. Who knows? Well, JJ does.
    Maybe it's not even Luke's hand.
    I dream of a world where Marvel owns the film rights to all their characters. Every movie has every character making an appearance, Every. Single. Time. Like Bizarro Groundhogs Day. Because, comics. I call this place Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Huston View Post
    Maybe it's not even Luke's hand.
    Oh please ... how many guys in Jedi robes lose their right hand and hang out with R2 in Star Wars? Just Luke and Anakin (who is dead). If it's not Luke in that scene ... that would be weird.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Everything that looked connected to the original series was powerful. The new stuff I couldn't care less about. Better than the teaser which was just fanboy tripe. My interest level increased a little.

Probably the most likely explanation is Luke went hermit like Ben, and its a representation of his more "rustic" life, in Star Wars terms. Doesn't have the perks anymore of the cosmetic effects of the prosthetic. I expect strong Obi-Wan parallels all around with Luke, in fact. Quite possibly even in regards to death.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-16-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I am so geeking out over this as December can't arrive fast enough. Welcome home, Han and Chewie, indeed!

BTW, in case some of you don't know, the BB-8 droid, who I like to call "Soccer2-D2?" It's an actual workable prop, not CGI:

--Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

This trailer was actually nice. Although the "This Christmas" looks oddly out of place, like something you would see in a fan trailer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Heh, I know the odds are stacked in favor of them getting paired.
    Actually.....we're not exactly sure WHO is getting paired with WHOM, are we?

Wouldn't mind getting a surprise there....

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I am so geeking out over this as December can't arrive fast enough. Welcome home, Han and Chewie, indeed!

BTW, in case some of you don't know, the BB-8 droid, who I like to call "Soccer2-D2?" It's an actual workable prop, not CGI:

I'd known it was an actual prop, but seeing it live it really is an impressive one

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Justice. Dare I say.... The Dawn of Justice.
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Why is Vader's helmet still around? I would have thought Luke burned it with the rest of his father's body at the end of Return of the Jedi.

As for the actual trailer itself, it's pretty mediocre, though the final shot did bring a smile to my face. I'm still cautiously interested to see how this turns out.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Why is Vader's helmet still around? I would have thought Luke burned it with the rest of his father's body at the end of Return of the Jedi.
    Obvious answer is a analog of the Force Tree in EMPIRE....