Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not My Batman

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Default Not My Batman

Without devolving into gibbering madness and insulting each other's fandom, what Batman (or side character, why not?) has been more clearly than any other not your Batman? Batman punching Nightwing or Batman wearing zebra stripes... Bruce Wayne, politician... Batman with a growl and armor...
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Without devolving into gibbering madness and insulting each other's fandom, what Batman (or side character, why not?) has been more clearly than any other not your Batman? Batman punching Nightwing or Batman wearing zebra stripes... Bruce Wayne, politician... Batman with a growl and armor...
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Deathwing_%28Team_Titans%29

Could not believe they tried to do that to Dick Grayson.

The guy in the Arkham games...all growly and xtreme without the softer humanity of Millers Batman, and the whole game world is so joyless and serious face. As David Mazzucchelli put it, "the more realistic you make it, the less believable it becomes".

I try and try and try to look at Batman as a multifaceted character for whom multiple interpretations are all valid, but the grimmer, darker, surlier, edgier, and "serious" he gets, the more my eyes roll.

Batman hipsters are becoming a thing now?
    reject the mainstream Batman gravitate towards the obscure less popular Batman

Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

The guy in Spawn/Batman, or for that matter in All-Star Batman and Robin. All growly and extreme and borderline psychotic.
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com

Incredible Member

I like grim and stern Batman with a gruff voice, but Christian Bale's laryngitis-infected Batman makes the concept seem like a parody. Still, I like the Nolan films.

Probably any Batman like All-star Batman. Batman can be bitter and angry sometimes but he doesn't go around taking pleasure in murder and torturing children

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Pretty much. It's cool to hate on any serious Batman while still buying all of them.

The Adam West Batman has always been my favorite, since I was a wee little tyke and a local station was running it every morning (this was right after the first Burton film). Since then I've liked other versions. Really enjoyed the DCAU and Brave and the Bold animated versions. Like the Dick Sprang illustrated version from the comics (the definitive Bat-artist!).

Not my Batman? Hmmm... probably Miller's DKR one. He's just an old, bitter, jerk. Not much to like.
    Last edited by Angilasman; 04-16-2015 at 07:04 PM.

I never, for a single second, believed that the Michael Keaton Batman was the real deal.

(and let the effigy burning begin...)

Terry Freakin Mcsuckass

Nolan's TDKR Quitter Batman -- it just doesn't work for me, in any way.

Still love TDK, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I never, for a single second, believed that the Michael Keaton Batman was the real deal.

(and let the effigy burning begin...)
    Nah, no burning from me. Michael Keaton is playing a fully-formed and inhabited character in those films who's fun to watch, and an engaging lead. He's like no version of Bruce Wayne I've ever read though.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Kevin Smith's Batman and Adam West Batman are not my Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Ha, they have been for a long time now