Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

My thoughts from the other thread:

I know going in that this movie is going to really hang their hat on the Batman end of things. That's their safety net, and I get that. Don't necessarily like it, but I know that's just the way it is and in many ways the movie will reflect that. I only have one demand which will make or break things depending on whether I get it or not. And that that's the theme of this film being characters like Bruce, Alfred, and anyone else who doubts and isn't a villain like Lex, see that Superman for all his power and majesty is incorruptible. People are so convinced that his power means its an inevitability that he will become corrupted, but for those willing to look deep, they find a being in which that will just not happen. And for those hellbent against looking deep, like Lex Luthor, will forever hate him. That's all I want. If I get that, I'm good, even with the inevitable Batwank moments which are sure to be there (and hey, might even end up being cool).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My thoughts from the other thread:

I know going in that this movie is going to really hang their hat on the Batman end of things. That's their safety net, and I get that. Don't necessarily like it, but I know that's just the way it is and in many ways the movie will reflect that. I only have one demand which will make or break things depending on whether I get it or not. And that that's the theme of this film being characters like Bruce, Alfred, and anyone else who doubts and isn't a villain like Lex, see that Superman for all his power and majesty is incorruptible. People are so convinced that his power means its an inevitability that he will become corrupted, but for those willing to look deep, they find a being in which that will just not happen. And for those hellbent against looking deep, like Lex Luthor, will forever hate him. That's all I want. If I get that, I'm good, even with the inevitable Batwank moments which are sure to be there (and hey, might even end up being cool).
    You know, I'm actually surprised by people saying stuff like this. If anything it looks like this movie is the reverse of TDKR, despite the familiar visuals.

-Supes is the one wanted by the government.
    -The media is completely fixated on Superman.
    -Batman is the one trying to get things back to the status quo.
    -Batman is teaming up with Lex (presumably).

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I noticed that the soldiers kneeling before Superman have a S-shield on the side of their uniforms. Is Superman following the Injustice route?
    I'm pretty sure it's a cult or miltia.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    I hope not! That's all we would need.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I'll try not to be pessimistic until we know more about the plot, but that scene doesn't give me a good feeling anyway.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-17-2015 at 05:50 PM.

BANNED

I'll try not to be pessimistic until we know more about the plot, but that scene doesn't give me a good feeling anyway.

Freaking Wehrmacht helmets...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    We're well beyond the point of wishing some decision in the past could've been better.
    That sums it up for me. I take my leave.

I'll try not to be negative until we know more about the plot, but that scene doesn't give me a good feeling anyway.

I seriously doubt in a million years that they're going to end the movie with Superman turning into some Overlord. They even played with this concept in the Justice League cartoon but Superman did the right thing in the end. WB might not make Superman to everyone's taste but story-wise, even WB would never go that far... at least I hope.

Besides, I can't tell what's truly happening in this scene. Are they cult members? Are they soldiers in a war zone? Are they American? Are they asking Superman to protect them or help them fight someone?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Zach has done 300, Watchmen, parts of Miracle Man. Why not parts of Dark Knight? In the real world, Man of Steels Superman would signal the apocalypse to some people. We go a little nuts over nothing. A cosmic fist fight in Chicago would ruin my afternoon. This movie follows logically that universe. I would want it differently, but what can you do? I'm going first weekend.

In this movie Superman would be the complete opposite of the Superman from TDKR. He's not a government puppet. He acts by his own will he's doing good around the world which earns him the enmity of those who rather see him doing evil. Those soldiers are probably vigilantes inspired by his actions. Some sort of militia or cult that has pleged his alligiance to him after witnessing his heroics around the planet.

What's with the Superman's symbol on their shoulders.

So is Batman going to have Oliver bail his ass out this time?

Really, I mean, if they do fight...I feel like it's going to be ridiculously contrived like in DKR. Superman should crush a suit like that no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkNut View Post
    I seriously doubt in a million years that they're going to end the movie with Superman turning into some Overlord. They even played with this concept in the Justice League cartoon but Superman did the right thing in the end. WB might not make Superman to everyone's taste but story-wise, even WB would never go that far... at least I hope.

Besides, I can't tell what's truly happening in this scene. Are they cult members? Are they soldiers in a war zone? Are they American? Are they asking Superman to protect them or help them fight someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    In this movie Superman would be the complete opposite of the Superman from TDKR. He's not a government puppet. He acts by his own will he's doing good around the world which earns him the enmity of those who rather see him doing evil. Those soldiers are probably vigilantes inspired by his actions. Some sort of militia or cult that has pleged his alligiance to him after witnessing his heroics around the planet.
    I prefer the way you see the scene to the way I've seen it at the beginning. You have rekindled my hope for this movie.

Retired

I'm very lazy about going to movies these days. I rarely do. I haven't seen any of the comic book movies in the last four years. So there is probably no circumstance where I would be going to this movie--no matter what it was going to be like. But I can already tell that this isn't a movie that would make me happy.

I'm glad for the people that are getting the movie they want. Since I'm not interested in going to movies, I'd be churlish if I complained about that.

I realize it's not even really a trailer but the trailer to the trailer. Just like last year had the trailer to the STAR WARS trailer and now the actual trailer is being screened. Still, anyone who has read enough comic books can predict everything that is going to happen just from those brief clips and voice overs. Well, everything up to a point.

There has to be a turn in the movie. Just how far into the movie that turn happens will be interesting. This will be when the movie turns from being about Batman vs. Superman and becomes about the Justice League. Will the JLA just be tacked on at then end--or will they occupy the whole back half of the movie?

I see four possible outcomes--although this might just carry over into other movies and not be resolved in this one: 1) The Justice League takes Superman's side against Batman--but that would leave Batman out of the League. 2) The Justice League takes Batman's side against Superman--but that would leave Superman out of the League. 3) The Justice League becomes a peace keeping force that keeps both Batman and Superman at heel. 4) The Justice League makes Superman and Batman see that their similarities are greater than their differences and everyone ends up hugging and kissing.

I don't have much faith that option 4 is going to happen. And if there are no plans to make more Batman movies, then they might want to sideline his character. So options 1 or 3 seem the most likely resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm very lazy about going to movies these days. I rarely do. I haven't seen any of the comic book movies in the last four years. So there is probably no circumstance where I would be going to this movie--no matter what it was going to be like. But I can already tell that this isn't a movie that would make me happy.

I'm glad for the people that are getting the movie they want. Since I'm not interested in going to movies, I'd be churlish if I complained about that.

I realize it's not even really a trailer but the trailer to the trailer. Just like last year had the trailer to the STAR WARS trailer and now the actual trailer is being screened. Still, anyone who has read enough comic books can predict everything that is going to happen just from those brief clips and voice overs. Well, everything up to a point.

There has to be a turn in the movie. Just how far into the movie that turn happens will be interesting. This will be when the movie turns from being about Batman vs. Superman and becomes about the Justice League. Will the JLA just be tacked on at then end--or will they occupy the whole back half of the movie?

I see four possible outcomes--although this might just carry over into other movies and not be resolved in this one: 1) The Justice League takes Superman's side against Batman--but that would leave Batman out of the League. 2) The Justice League takes Batman's side against Superman--but that would leave Superman out of the League. 3) The Justice League becomes a peace keeping force that keeps both Batman and Superman at heel. 4) The Justice League makes Superman and Batman see that their similarities are greater than their differences and everyone ends up hugging and kissing.

I don't have much faith that option 4 is going to happen. And if there are no plans to make more Batman movies, then they might want to sideline his character. So options 1 or 3 seem the most likely resolution.
    Why does it have to be any of those options? I've never seen anything like that happening in comics. Every time Superman and Batman face each other for the first time. They don't get along but due to some emergency they're forced to work together. They save lots of lives and catch/beat the bad guys. At the end they realize that despite their differences they work quite well together thus the World Finest duo is formed. There's no scenario in which I can even fathom this movie ending in other way that isn't Batman and Superman teaming up against a "humongous" force of evil. Eventually they're joined by the other members of the league.
    Last edited by Francisco; 04-17-2015 at 06:44 PM.

I prefer the way you see the scene to the way I've seen it at the beginning. You have rekindled my hope for this movie.
    I'm pretty sure that scene shows the first time he see those guys. They sure are like that bat copycat from the second Nolan Batman movie. But instead of some average joes they are actually highly trained soldiers perhaps fanatics that eventually will prove to be too dangerous and Superman himself will have to take them out. They wear the S shield as a symbol of allegiance to the man of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I'm pretty sure that scene shows the first time he see those guys. They sure are like that bat copycat from the second Nolan Batman movie. But instead of some average joes they are actually highly trained soldiers perhaps fanatics that eventually will prove to be too dangerous and Superman himself will have to take them out. They wear the S shield as a symbol of allegiance to the man of steel.
    Yeah, in any case, it'll be one of the reasons why Batman will be against Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    You know, I'm actually surprised by people saying stuff like this. If anything it looks like this movie is the reverse of TDKR, despite the familiar visuals.

-Supes is the one wanted by the government.
    -The media is completely fixated on Superman.
    -Batman is the one trying to get things back to the status quo.
    -Batman is teaming up with Lex (presumably).

Wow I didn't even realize that Snyder is doing a reverse DKR! The media all taking about Supes, Batman supposedly teams with Lex to take down the dangerous renegade the way Superman was Reagan's puppet, and rumors are that Superman will throw the fight with Bats to get everyone off his back kinda like how Bruce had a self induced heart attack at the end of the DKR fight.

I would be absolutely thrilled if Superman came off as the sympathetic figure and Batman was shown as the bully for once!