Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been pretty cautious with this film. I liked Man of Steel quite a bit and enjoyed how it has forced people to re-evaluate their preconcieved notions of who and what Superman is, which are largely still influenced by movies that are thirty-to-forty years old.

But I've been concerned about how the introduction of Batman will impact the infantile MoS franchise and Superman's role in the films and their larger shared universe. Its WB, and since Dark Knight Returns it's been all Batman at the expense of everyone else, especially Superman. So Ive had concerns.

But this looked good. Batman's motivations feel natural and organic, Affleck looks good in the role (not that Batman is hard to pull off) and what little we saw of Gadot looks pitch perfect (who knows how the actual role will play out, but she looks great).

I still have worries and concerns. But this looked damned good.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-11-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.