BANNED

Default Coming of the Supermen #2 Discussion

Fun issue, but wasn't as strong as the first one.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Oh thank god, they came to their senses and ditched the cowriter. Already, plot-threads emerge and bubble back into the ether without rhyme or reason to the point of incomprehensibility, characters speak nigh-exclusively in Dadaist gibberish, and Neal Adams demonstrates that he thinks he knows how humor works. Short of a shirtless Superman vaguely threatening the reader with climbing tools, it's everything I was hoping for.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yes, yes, yes!

Makes you wonder why Bedard was attached to first issue?

The madness...I love it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Makes you wonder why Bedard was attached to first issue?
    Sheer, damnable hubris.
    Buh-bye

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Eh... while we're getting a somewhat wacky Adams story, I wish we didn't have to give up a good Superman story for it.

The rough art is fine with me, but a little weird considering Adams was the aesthetic poster boy. Good on him for being as likable 50 years later, but this isn't quite the Sienkiewicz Revolution. I'm a little shocked at the character inconsistency between him and Sinclair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Oh thank god, they came to their senses and ditched the cowriter. Already, plot-threads emerge and bubble back into the ether without rhyme or reason to the point of incomprehensibility, characters speak nigh-exclusively in Dadaist gibberish, and Neal Adams demonstrates that he thinks he knows how humor works. Short of a shirtless Superman vaguely threatening the reader with climbing tools, it's everything I was hoping for.
    Oh crap. When I saw Bedard's name on the first issue I thought, good this won't devolve into the Batman Odessey from a few years ago... I haven't got the second issue yet... crap crap crap...

Why didn't Clark raise an eyebrow at Nanny Goody's name? It is so obvious that is Granny Goodness.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Amazing Member

Love it Classic superman story where he shows intelligence. Nice Classic Costume. And no New 52 Angtst.