Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    Basically he said there was two fights, the first Batman tries to run over Superman with the Batmobile, and it bounces off Supes. He rips it apart and tells him to stop, the end.

The second is with the armour. Supes is destroying the suit whipping butt and then Bats pulls out a kryptonite shard. After that he proceeds to pummel him, gives a variation of the speech, knocks out Superman and puts him in a kryptonite chamber.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati..._in_la/cyinvkq
    I was really hoping the'd keep kryptonite or red flashlights out of the movie.

Ultimate Member

Kind of hard to do that when you don't have a Zod-level physical threat (at least not initially). Bats and Lex need some kind of "secret weapon" in order to pose any kind of challenge here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    Man of Steel is my favorite superhero movie, period. So this is now a no-brainer for me.

Everyday I get more worried about this.

A touching Superman and Batman moment actually gives me more optimism. Very vague and few bullet points, but for what they are nothing bothered me. So I'm okay for now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So Zach Snyder had this to say... http://comicbook.com/2016/03/04/batm...man-down-with/

Superman doesn’t have to be as much of a chess player as Batman,” says Snyder. Superman has might on his side, but before the fists start flying, we see an armored Batman placing various traps in an abandoned stockyard, then walking along and driving a Kryptonite spear into the ground. “He paces it off,” Snyder says. “Then when he throws Superman, the spear is right there. So you’re like, wait a minute, did he [plan] every bit? He know every move?”

It makes me lean toward the review about Batman stabbing Superman, and throwing him in a cell false.

Potential Spoiler ......
    It makes me believe this one is more likely to be true.

Batman attracts Superman to the abandoned neighborhood being rebuilt by Wayne Enterprises and fights him with an armored suit, Kryptonite-based weapons and several buildings and vehicles that have been booby-trapped with Batman's arsenal of anti-Superman weapons. The fight is vicious and ends with Superman victorious. Batman urges Superman to kill him, but Superman refuses. Batman then reveals that the fight was designed to test Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I think, no matter what, some of us will hate this movie, if don't already hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think, no matter what, some of us will hate this movie, if don't already hate it.

I hate the concept, as far as the movie...not yet...but I am getting there. Like I mentioned before, I'll probably go all Kurosawa on this. And get banned. Lol

I loved everything about Man of Steel, and this sounds promising.

EDIT
    Hey, where'd the link go?
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    I loved everything about Man of Steel, and this sounds promising.
    Me too, Man of Steel freaking rocked the hell out of me, and it still astounds me at the number of haters about that movie. It was a killer Superman story with a stellar soundtrack and effects in my opinion. B vs S is more of the same? Then I sure as hell am ALL the way on board, baby.

I'm not a big fan of the concept either. Mainly because it poses a big problem that I hope the movie addresses. If Batman is such a genius and can build all kinds of weapons and toys to actually be a threat to Superman, then what was he doing when Zod attacked? If he's capable of going toe to toe with a Kryptonian, he should have been out there fighting off the invasion and trying to stop the world engine, not sitting on sidelines getting all grumpy about it. Unless saving the entire planet is something Batman really can't be bothered with. So it makes Batman look like a jerk and something of an idiot. He blames the only guy on the planet capable of stopping an extinction event and alien invasion and stepped up to do it. So what was he doing? What could possibly be more important than saving the world? Zod made his big announcement across the entire globe and never hid his ships or plans to wipe out humanity. Bruce should have been out there. Maybe he was and we'll get to see it or it will be talked about at least. I just hope they address it, rather than a brief introduction of Batman and then off to the fight.

Though the very brief review posted above does give me some hope. Since the issues of MOS are being addressed and there seems to be some touching moments between Batman and Superman, I can get more excited about seeing the movie. I liked MOS. It was a little inconsistent and had a few cringe moments (the tornado scene) but I really enjoyed the sci-fi feel and I think they did a lot of things right. So if they're building off that and can deliver, I'll probably like it.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the concept either. Mainly because it poses a big problem that I hope the movie addresses. If Batman is such a genius and can build all kinds of weapons and toys to actually be a threat to Superman, then what was he doing when Zod attacked? If he's capable of going toe to toe with a Kryptonian, he should have been out there fighting off the invasion and trying to stop the world engine, not sitting on sidelines getting all grumpy about it. Unless saving the entire planet is something Batman really can't be bothered with. So it makes Batman look like a jerk and something of an idiot. He blames the only guy on the planet capable of stopping an extinction event and alien invasion and stepped up to do it. So what was he doing? What could possibly be more important than saving the world? Zod made his big announcement across the entire globe and never hid his ships or plans to wipe out humanity. Bruce should have been out there. Maybe he was and we'll get to see it or it will be talked about at least. I just hope they address it, rather than a brief introduction of Batman and then off to the fight.

Though the very brief review posted above does give me some hope. Since the issues of MOS are being addressed and there seems to be some touching moments between Batman and Superman, I can get more excited about seeing the movie. I liked MOS. It was a little inconsistent and had a few cringe moments (the tornado scene) but I really enjoyed the sci-fi feel and I think they did a lot of things right. So if they're building off that and can deliver, I'll probably like it.
    To be fair to Bruce, in this universe Zod's invasion is the first contact Earth had with aliens. The events of Zod's invasion happen over the course of like what, two, three days. Humanity is caught with it's pants down and at that point Bruce doesn't have the technology to counteract Kryptonians. This movie occurs a year or three later. Long enough for Batman to come up with some antiKryptonian tech. More than likely some of Bat's tech comes from Luthor/Lexcorp.

Agreed on MAN OF STEEL. Three years since some more seams are showing on further viewings, but I stand by the fact it is what the character needed to try and break him out of the stranglehold the Donner version had on the live action versions. The live action Superman needed a swift kick in the pants and a new angle to go at it from. It was an entertaining yet flawed movie that shook the fanbase out of a sense of apathy. It got some things wrong, some things weren't developed well,but it got a heck of a lot right and if DOJ continues to build on the good while addressing the perceived missteps in-story, then I'm more than ok with this.

BANNED

I mostly have a problem with some of the Clark Kent-oriented parts of Man of Steel, and I'm first to admit to having skipped over more than a little of those parts in the past year. But they're eminently forgivable when the rest is considered, which is just plain sensational in my opinion. To me the best superhero films can be held up to their best comic counterparts. I hold Man of Steel right up there with Earth One, Superman Unchained, All Star Superman...and (personally) above both the Death of Superman trilogy and Birthright (ducks).

As much as I adore the first two Reeve, sorry folks MoS just takes it for me. I really did feel like I was flying (you know which part I mean). And the action and supervillains were just killer...can't say that about the latter in the Reeve Supermans (though Hackman was a good Luthor, give me the Clancy or Rosenbaum Lex any day).

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    To be fair to Bruce, in this universe Zod's invasion is the first contact Earth had with aliens. The events of Zod's invasion happen over the course of like what, two, three days. Humanity is caught with it's pants down and at that point Bruce doesn't have the technology to counteract Kryptonians. This movie occurs a year or three later. Long enough for Batman to come up with some antiKryptonian tech. More than likely some of Bat's tech comes from Luthor/Lexcorp.

Agreed on MAN OF STEEL. Three years since some more seams are showing on further viewings, but I stand by the fact it is what the character needed to try and break him out of the stranglehold the Donner version had on the live action versions. The live action Superman needed a swift kick in the pants and a new angle to go at it from. It was an entertaining yet flawed movie that shook the fanbase out of a sense of apathy. It got some things wrong, some things weren't developed well,but it got a heck of a lot right and if DOJ continues to build on the good while addressing the perceived missteps in-story, then I'm more than ok with this.
    Good point. I think it would be pretty interesting if they had Batman's plans develop from studies of the kryptonian tech left behind or perhaps some studies of Zod's body. I'd be pretty satisfied with something like that.

Really though, truth be told, this is the first movie to feature my two favorite superheroes. So I wouldn't miss it or refuse to give it a fair shot and see it. From what it sounds like, this could be pretty good for Wonder Woman too. If they show her as a confident badass, which seems to be the direction they're going, it will do a lot for building her fan base. Plus really generate some good energy for her solo film. You know the special effects and fights will be good. I still love watching Bats take out those guys in the warehouse in the last trailer.